Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Frankly, Lynn - I thought the funniest part of your post was that the photo of your glasses was ... out of focus.
    Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Kinda brings the point home; nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Frankly, Lynn - I thought the funniest part of your post was that the photo of your glasses was ... out of focus. Kinda brings the point home; nicely done.
      Wat you expect...I couldn't SEE!

HAHAHAHA

Da best part of today. I didn't get fired.

I enjoyed my first day of work. My co-workers are all Professionals and helpful. I learned Excel this morning. So much more to learn. I got my own desk and computa!heheheh All I need is to add pictures tomorrow. Neba mind dee Pilipino colors.

If you see me in town ~ say Aloha! No be shy!! I NOT!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I've been here for almost a year, and I don't know where's that.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
          Corner of Hotel and Bishop Street. Right across The Remington Building and
          Executive Center Hotel. Same area as Tamarind Park.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Learning more about how the elevator in my building works (and doesn't work) while trying to extricate somebody who was stuck in it for an hour with the Fire Dept. scratching their heads over what to do (no critical keys that they needed were in the lockbox where they should have been..) and waiting for the elevator repair guy to show up. Then spending a couple of hours with the repair guy watching him replace fuses and relay switches and realigning a door closure.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I got to stay home and relaxed. I even sign on to get my free 'olelo Hawai'i lesson from another post on here!
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Bishop Square (1001 Bishop Street - Garage entrance on Alakea. )

The photographer is standing mauka of King St, in or on the edge of Tamarind Park, pointing mauka (toward Hotel St). Pacific tower is on the right.

I worked in the Pacific Tower for many years, so I recognized it right away.

Comment

You can make it 2 for 2, because I also got hired! I now work at 2 computer repair shops.

(now technically, I can do work for either one of those places, or do it myself.)

Comment

OMG. After 2 years of struggling with subnetting, I finally got it!
                    (I hate math)

Anyone has a few routers I can borrow?

Comment

The best part of my day has been upgrading a website with a Forum and adding a Guest Book. The forum used the "Simple Machines Forum" format and I learned how to do the "admin" functions - I changed the theme and did a bunch of other things also. That was fun!
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm on the "PATCH!" It's my 8th Day!!

One day at a time.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Got to judge a teen vocal contest tonight with Little Richard! Great guy. Great fun. Amazing how he also morphed into Elvis, Sammy Davis and Don Ho!

Comment

Sitting on the former location of the Alexander Young Building/Hotel where right on that corner sat the Hob Nob Restaurant.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Coming up with the idea, getting everyone involved, and working out the logistics!

"Of!" you say?

A family 'Vacation in Hawaii" Day.
                              I'm renting a van on Sunday 9/16 for a couple'a days.
                              My wife and I will pick up our God Kids, best friend, and my Mom...
                              Then head out to "Sea Life Park" for the day!

That's one of the perks of living here. When we're lucky enough to have coinciding schedules, even for brief moments...
                              We can be vacationing in Hawaii!

Seize the day, my friends!
                              HaHa!
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                Sitting on the former location of the Alexander Young Building/Hotel where right on that corner sat the Hob Nob Restaurant.
                                Thank you!!! I've been trying for years to remember the name of that restaurant - my old brain doesn't work quite as good as it used to!
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X