Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurricane Season 2007

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Labels? What labels?! The ingredients in the Li Hing Mango will probably kill me long before their origin!
    More likely they will "preserve" you!!
    Ahem, back OT, by late yesterday afternooon the wind was maybe 10 knots more than usual on Sand Island. Steady drizzle overnight in Pearl City. Pretty tame thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Okay, click on that link again now, folks. TD Cosme looks like its staying well south of the Big Island and appears to be moving due west. Shouldn't have much effect on us at all, and certainly nothing to worry about. Probably.
      Unless it switches course and strengthens. An unlikely scenario, but...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

it was such a hot night last night. Rain is coming/going (not steady) but the system is sucking all the good wind from here. No breeze. At. All. Ugh!

pax

Comment

Personally, I like this site

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            Nice.

Of course, this NOAA radar loop works too..

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/cpac/loop-vis.html
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              Very nice. Thanks! Any idea who put that site together? It's somewhat similar to Jamie DeMatoff's http://www.highsurfwarning.com/ but without the advertising. Jamie has the live camera connections and a few other things.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Very nice. Thanks! Any idea who put that site together?
                Weather Page By "NH6WI" Edward W.L. Dung is at the bottom (and in the tab of my browser)

Comment

reporting from captain cook: we had some rain but not much...mostly at the higher elevations and down south and east towards hilo side. today we had some lightning but no wind and no heavy rain. the seas were calm and the surf was small.....no outages. this is kealakekua bay.
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I'm not wishing for a hurricane strike or anything, but... in the case of Cosme, I wish he/she would've at least given us a good thump. Today was so warm, muggy, still, stale, I was begging for the drenching rain we were supposed to expect this weekend.

Comment

I guess it didn't reach you out on the Leeward side. We got a good drenching this afternoon in Palolo Valley.

Comment

It was nice weather for a picnic on Magic Island. The Windward side was sticky, but now after midnight it's starting to rain.

Comment

Saturday the 20th of July had it pouring really hard in Hilo and parts of Lower Puna, but nothing out of the ordinary for typical East Hawaii weather. Right now at 2:41am Sunday morning it's quiet and clear skies.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                            I guess it didn't reach you out on the Leeward side. We got a good drenching this afternoon in Palolo Valley.
                            Palolo is much like Manoa. It can can totally dump rain in there, while just out the valley it will be clear and sunny. Such must have been the case yesterday. Waikiki, all the way up towards Kahala and Aina Haina's coastal region was sunny, with only scattered clouds throughout the day. It was gusty though.

This Sunday morning in Waikiki there's lots of overcast, but at least it's cool and breezy. Not muggy.

On Friday evening at one point it looked like that "calm before the storm", but it didn't turn out to be that.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              This Sunday morning in Waikiki there's lots of overcast, but at least it's cool and breezy. Not muggy.
                              Yep! Woke up to wet streets and the brownish cast to the Ala Wai canal that signals rain in the mountains. Manoa Valley looks pretty clear right now altho' there's rain at the top of the Koolaus which I guess means at least some mist in Manoa! About an hour ago I couldn't even see the valley thru the clouds. I'm watching wind patterns dance across the canal's water. It's a nice morning to be in bed with the laptop and a cup of tea!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                It's a nice morning to be in bed with the laptop and a cup of tea!
                                You know life is good when you can sit in bed on a lazy Sunday morning, chatting on HT with your laptop!

Looks like it's turning out to be a sunny, semi-breezy day. Beach bound.

Do you folks have your emergency preparedness kit stocked up?
                                • Flashlight - check
                                • Spare Batteries - check (AA & D)
                                • Portable AM/FM radio - check
                                • Candles (and lighter) - check
                                • Portable Butane Stove - Nope. Gotta' buy one.
                                • Cooler(s) - Check
                                • Bottled Water - Nope. Drank all of what we had from before. Gotta' get more.
                                • Canned Food (and manual can opener) - Check. Ate some of what we bought before. Gotta' get more canned soup.
                                • Personal Hygiene products and clean clothes - Check
                                • First Aid Kit - Sort of. We've got Band aids, Neosporin, Rubbing Alcohol and H. Peroxide.
                                • Tape and Rope (for windows and to tie stuff down) - Check
                                • Polysheeting and/or Tarps (to cover stuff) - Nope. Gotta' get.

See this HECO Emergency Preparedness handbook (PDF) for more information.

Post edit: Auntie Lynn also posted these fantastic links on emergency preparedness.
                                Last edited by Pomai; July 22, 2007, 09:56 AM. Reason: added link
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X