Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Very Special Episode: TV Shows Visiting Hawaii

Here's a frightening one coming out on DVD this week:
    Captain & Tennille In Hawai`i, from 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      I'd really like to see this, just for the archived footage of Hawaii (Waikiki?) back then. And of course, I'll be singin' along to "Muskrat Love" & "Love Will Keep Us Together". Those hit songs ARE on there, right?
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        "Muskrat Love" & "Love Will Keep Us Together". Those hit songs ARE on there, right?
        I hope that Toni will be singing the latter in a duet with special guest Don Knotts, frankly.

Comment

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. So I had a shot of tequila.

I'd really like to see this
          You, good sir, are a masochist.

I hope that Toni will be singing the latter in a duet with special guest Don Knotts, frankly.
          Oh, swell. That calls for 19 or 20 more shots of tequila.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'd really like to see this, just for the archived footage of Hawaii (Waikiki?) back then. And of course, I'll be singin' along to "Muskrat Love" & "Love Will Keep Us Together". Those hit songs ARE on there, right?
            I worked on this DVD on the production side, it was fun!

The special was filmed mostly on the Big Island, Kona and Hilo side, some footage was filmed on Maui with David Soul.

Don Knotts was not very funny in this one, the writers should have let him ad-lib his scenes instead of doing his act via script.

You might enjoy seeing a teenage Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Skippy, Moon, etc. of the Makaha Sons, in my opinion that was one of the best highlights of the special.

Borders Ward had copies of it last I checked.

Aj
            Last edited by Kalihiboy; October 27, 2007, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Tom Moffatt mentions the Captain and Tennille special in Hawaii (1978) in his Midweek Column today:

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...toms_gabbin88/

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                I worked on this DVD on the production side, it was fun!

The special was filmed mostly on the Big Island, Kona and Hilo side, some footage was filmed on Maui with David Soul.

Don Knotts was not very funny in this one, the writers should have let him ad-lib his scenes instead of doing his act via script.

You might enjoy seeing a teenage Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Skippy, Moon, etc. of the Makaha Sons, in my opinion that was one of the best highlights of the special.

Borders Ward had copies of it last I checked.

Aj
                Watched this the other day...beautiful footage of the BI!!

I've never been a fan of David Soul except for Starsky & Hutch so when his number came on, I took a bathroom break. Have to admit I FF through Kenny's cowboy song too. And that Don Knotts scene on the volcano was not funny at all!

However, I did enjoy the luau scene with the Makaha Sons of Niihau and thought that I would see Jerome Koko in this.
                Lovena

Comment

This doesn't really count, but....

We were surprised last night to see Hawaii "featured" on an episode of Wonder Pets. (For those of you without a two year-old, this Nick Jr. show is animated with photos and puppets, and features a team of classroom pets who save animals in trouble all throughout the world/time/space.) This particular episode was entitled "Save the Dolphin" and involved their efforts to free the animal trapped in a fishing net off an animated Lanikai Beach (or so my wife insists!) Worth it just to see the pets dancing hula in celebration. (Yes, my mind is going to mush a little bit from all the kids' TV we watch in our house!)

And I really wish I could program our DVR to "catch" all the Hawaii shows but exclude the horrible "Saved By The Bell" telemovie that gets recorded at least once a month!

Comment

And another....

Finally made the move to HD a couple months back and in our lust for Hi-Def programming we've discovered MOJO HD. A recent episode of their excellent sports magazine "Timeless" was dedicated to Kahuku High School football and its 2005 state championship win over Punahou. Did a nice job of showing how much the team means to the whole community.

Comment

hi this is sansei and did anyone know that wof will be here in hilo hawaii for a special taping of wof or wheel of fortune and if this is ok,is it ok share of wof's taping in hilo? I wont be able to be there only i'll watch it on Tv on the Wof or wheel of fortune show. if anyone maybe on from here,i'll cheer for them.

well thank's for your time:O)

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                        hi this is sansei and did anyone know that wof will be here in hilo hawaii for a special taping of wof or wheel of fortune and if this is ok,is it ok share of wof's taping in hilo? I wont be able to be there only i'll watch it on Tv on the Wof or wheel of fortune show. if anyone maybe on from here,i'll cheer for them.

well thank's for your time:O)
                        Aloha Sansei,
                        I actually signed up to get tickets to the taping of WOF and am thinking of auditioning (there's a special being run at the hotel where an audition is part of the "package"). Also signed up with my friend to see if we can get an audition for "Best Friends" week. Ya never know!! :-)

Comment

Yes!! I used to do game shows when I was a starting out starving artist in LA! They are awesome!! I won $600 and a Hawaii vacation once! I gotta find out how / when to audition!! Anybody heard anything about contestant auditions??
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Wheel of Fortune will tape 4 weeks of shows at the Hilton Waikoloa Village on September 12, 13, 15 and 16.You can apply to get audience tickets here, and the deadline for them to receive you request is August 9.
                            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I still wanna see scrivener on "Jeopardy," dash it all...

They must have decided it was too soon to have someone unseat Ken Jennings as longest-running champion.

Comment

Working...
                              X