Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there no magnet schools in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SRA life

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    Haha I remember those SRA things. If I recall correctly, they came in boxes and the edge of each sheet had a colored square. I liked the pastel colors. I also enjoyed touching the satin lamination.
    LMAO! That is quite hilarious. I can remember the multiple questions were super easy...but once you hit the tan color, there would be a really complicated essay question at the end. I was like wtf?! I’m in kindergarten and you want me to write an essay based on a trick question?!

I found out later that most kids didn’t get to those until 1st grade. I felt like a freak.

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    How cruel To show a child a better life and then say, "Nah, you no can have."
    Indeed. I got robbed. No more art competitions, speech festivals, and naming of state the fish for me.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Why are there no magnet schools in Hawaii?

I loved those SRA cards. Wasn't aqua the hightest level? Level 12?

<<reaching waaay back into dusty memories>>>

Comment

Re: The SRA life

Yeah, I think aqua was the holy grail of colors. I never reached that high

*dust off cyleet's noggin*

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        but once you hit the tan color, there would be a really complicated essay question at the end. I was like wtf?! I’m in kindergarten and you want me to write an essay based on a trick question?!
        Those test makers are such sadistic bastages

Wow. Art competitions and speech festivals? No wonder regular class was so boring.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
        X