Stinky The Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stinky The Bus

They include animals which to me seems odd as the only animals allowed are service animals. I have never seen an unkempt/odoriferous service dog and
    I really would love to see them try to oust a service dog, how many agencies and lawsuits would they incur? Stupid.:confused

Comment

The reference to Europeans reminded me of a flight from Paris to New York several years ago. The French gentleman behind me decided to take off his shoes.

It was not an enjoyable flight. I stuffed a blanket down below my seat to help soak up/block off some of the smell, but it did not help. I wish I'd had a can of Febreze!

Comment

In the spirit of the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. – perhaps the rule should be:

“My right to stink up TheBus ends where the other man’s nose begins.”

p.s.: Ron, the title for this thread cracks me up!
        To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Thank you...

...I do what little I can!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
            [...]
            p.s.: Ron, the title for this thread cracks me up!
            This thread will have reached it's apex when StinkyTheGrump comments on Stinky The Bus!

Comment

Re: StinkyTheGrump re: Stinky The Bus

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              This thread will have reached it's apex when StinkyTheGrump comments on Stinky The Bus!
              LOL, can't wait to see what STG has to say regarding STB!

eta: ... And with this post, I've reached Kia`aina, hooray!
              Last edited by musubi; September 2, 2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: moving up the HT ranks :-)
              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

If you like low life and druggies sitting 2 inches from you and boxing you into the window seat, mass transit is the way to go.

When I first got to Hawaii, I took the bus. After a 300 pound crazy sat next to me and boxed me into the window seat it was scary. The guy was on Ice or something and acting in a crazed way. After that I got a car.

I wonder how many lawmakers and council members ride mass transit. Anybody know of one that rides daily?????? Do you think people like Coleen Hanabusa are going to wait at a bus stop in the pre-sunrise hours in Waianae rubbing elbows with bums and addicts on Farrington highway to make the long journey to the State Capital?

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  Solution...sit next to the driver. If you are overcome, the driver will smell it, too, and you won't need to "discreetly notify the driver."
                  A great idea..... if you happen to be either elderly or handicapped, which are the type of passengers those front seats are reserved for. At least, that's how we do it in Honolulu. Don't know about how you do it in your own locale.

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  In the ED we handle BAD STINKS with a mask that has a touch of wintergreen oil smeared inside. You will fit in nicely with the "I don't wanna get flu" crowd... Unfortunately this will not completely protect you from flying nose boogers (see previously linked article.)
                  With all due respect to Lavagal and her opinion, there are bus passengers with far more objectionable conditions or habits than what she describes. People here are talkin' 'bout folks passing gas or digging their noses? How about a person who get on the bus, sits down, dozes off..... and then proceeds to urinate and/or take a crap right in their pants? Oh, that actually did happen on a bus I was riding on years ago in Kalihi. And I'm sure that is not the only time it has occurred in the history of TheBus. Hey, adult diapers are sold for a reason. And if a bus passenger is incontinent for any reason and is too stubborn to use a diaper, then I don't see why the rest of the passengers have to suffer with the nauseating smell and for the maintenance crew to have to go through the trouble of cleaning and disinfecting the contaminated area. PILAU!!!

This may be a rare type of occurence. But I repeat, it can and has happened, which is why some ordinance/regulation should be passed to handle future such situations. Beyond the bad breath, stink underarm, and passing gas odors, there are far worse things that city bus drivers/passengers should not have to tolerate.
                  Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 2, 2009, 05:36 PM.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Honolulu vote on banning smelly people on public transit delayed

Comment

I simply cannot believe Lynn, Susie, and possibly salmoned (I couldn't really tell from the tone of the post) are the only ones who've come down opposed to this. I completely disagree about my right to stinking ending at YOUR nose. While I understand that being on a bus is different from being at the park, where the offended may move elsewhere if the offensive wanders too near, you cannot make it illegal to stink unless you are somehow going to define that term.

Susie is absolutely right: this is going to target the homeless. Put two people on the same bus with the same smell and it will be the homeless guy who gets asked to leave.

Rod Tam is an idiot. Please elect him lieutenant governor and put him where he will do the least harm. And what is up with Nestor Garcia? He's going to line up with Rod Tam of all people?
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Garcia is going to kill the bill

http://www.kitv.com/news/20696852/detail.html

I'm on at least 4 different buses each day getting to/from work. I would much rather have the council do something to ban phone use on the buses. and I would really appreciate if The Bus would enforce the rules they already have!
                        Last edited by anapuni808; September 2, 2009, 06:07 PM.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          A great idea..... and then proceeds to urinate and/or take a crap right in their pants? Oh, that actually did happen on a bus I was riding on years ago in Kalihi.
                          I was on a bus on the mainland and some guy urinated himself and it dribbled down to the floor. When the bus went up a hill the urine flowed backwards on the floor onto another passenger's backpack he had set on the floor. The owner of the backpack was pissed by the piss on his backpack.

Another happy mass transiter.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post

I'm on at least 4 different buses each day getting to/from work. I would much rather have the council do something to ban phone use on the buses. and I would really appreciate if The Bus would enforce the rules they already have!
                            If they are going to ban phones then talking to friends sitting on the bus should be banned to. And no looking out the windows, it's not professional. People should sit at attention like the military.

Comment

Your snarky comment was not necessary. Sitting next to someone who is inanely chatting about their date last nite, or having a fight with someone is very unpleasant.

Once again, I'm guessing our difference of opinion has to do with age and believing that rules are in place for a reason and that rules apply to ALL of us. It has to do with simple courtesy and respect for your fellow passengers. and respect for yourself as well. People used to have common sense - that very sadly seems to have gone by the wayside.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

So Garcia is worried about a constitutional/discrimination challenge?

Let me ask this question: How long has the King County (Seattle) transportation code of conduct been in force now? And has it ever faced legal challenge? If the answers to those questions are 1) at least several years and 2) never, then maybe Garcia should have done more research before caving in like a house of playing cards on this legislation.

If the proposed legislation had some technical flaws and needed to be more precisely worded so as to head off any inappropriate discrimination against certain classes of people, then that's fine. But there has to be some sort of measures that can be taken against passengers who spit, urinate, or engage in some other blatant behavior that creates an unsanitary environment in the bus. To force innocent, rules-abiding passengers to tolerate the inconsiderate actions of a few rude people is simply asinine.

It has to do with simple courtesy and respect for your fellow passengers. and respect for yourself as well. People used to have common sense - that very sadly seems to have gone by the wayside.
                                Totally agreed! And this is why these kinds of rules and restrictions have to be set up. People who wrap themselves in the constitution and fancy themselves as high-moral guardians of civil liberties have totally lost touch with what is practical and common-sense in the real world.

Fine! If the ACLU and other people living in ivory towers will scare our lawmakers from making practical and common-sense legislation to upkeep our public transportation facilities and to look after the health and comfort of the vast majority of the passengers, then let 'em have their way! As the shenanigans on the bus increase, more people will use cars, which will increase road traffic and fuel usage.

This is supposed to be considered progress? This is supposed to be considered forward thinking? Oh brother!!!!
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X