Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me to not go hiking with these guys

Link.

I've walked along the top of the Ko'olaus, but this ....

Re: Remind me to not go hiking with these guys..

AMAZING!!!! Made my palms sweat and my heart race! Almost choked on my watermelon while watching! WOW

Comment

Good lord, crazy!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

I've done a few like that, no more!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

WOW! I'm in awe from that.
          Even the fairly scary summit hikes I've done ain't that bad.
          I'm outta breath. Too cool.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I think the closest I've gotten to that sort of activity would be up on the backside of Haleakala, peering down into the preserve from above Paliku cabin. Those guys win, though.

Comment

Spectacular video and views.

However some people have fallen and died from this kind of stuff.

Certainly not for me.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                This is true. Though some people have fallen and died taking the trash out too.
                I like the quote below and believe that taking some (not all) risk makes life more worthwhile. I don't need to do this hike either!
                I have a geocache hidden at the notches above Pali Lookout. But that is only at the very beginning of their hike. www.geocaching.com/ Sorry I boo boo'd They went up from the other side of Pali Lookout, not the notches side. Ooops!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
                Helen Keller"
                Last edited by Menehune Man; July 9, 2011, 11:17 PM.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  I like the quote below and believe that taking some (not all) risk makes life more worthwhile.
                  I've no problem with anyone choosing to risk their own life on an extreme hike.... as long as they confine that risk to their own life and not that of others.

If any hiker gets hurt, hung up, or otherwise trapped way up there, then I don't want to hear those hikers, their family or friends begging the fire department/rescue workers to bail their sorry okoles out.

With that said, the sights captured on that POV camera are awesome!
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

That may be true, but the risk is significantly less.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Remind me to not go hiking with these guys

Thanks for the link! Crazy kids....

Comment

Re: Remind me to not go hiking with these guys

There's a trail exactly like that off the beaten Saint Louis Heights trail past the power poles to the summit. About five inches wide and sheer vertical drops into Manoa on the left and Palolo on the right. Oh and gusty winds.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Spectacular video and views.

Looks like this hiker came treacherously close to learning this the hard way.

And once again, hikers who bite off more than they can chew expect the good folks at HFD to risk their lives in order to bail them out.

Those 3 hikers.... just pathetic.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I like the quote below and believe that taking some (not all) risk makes life more worthwhile. I don't need to do this hike either!
                            I have a geocache hidden at the notches above Pali Lookout. But that is only at the very beginning of their hike. www.geocaching.com/ Sorry I boo boo'd They went up from the other side of Pali Lookout, not the notches side. Ooops!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
                            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
                            Helen Keller"
                            i found a geacache on the old pali rd back in august, could it be yours ?

Comment

Unbelievable.
                              And the wind !

Shocked me, it was just an illusion, but between 3:20 and 3:24 it looked like one of the hikers had a cat behind her!
                              Last edited by Kaonohi; September 20, 2012, 03:24 PM.
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X