Apple iPod nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apple iPod nano

One thing the Nano lacks is an obvious on/off switch, it would have nice if that switch is where the Hold switch is on top of the unit.

Last night the Nano dropped a few inches to the desk and the darn thing started to play a random song, I then turned off the shake.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      just for your FYI - the ear buds tend to "bleed" sound to the folks sitting around you & it's really irritating if the person has their volume turned up. I purchased a set of Sony in-ear style buds & they are really comfortable and work really well - and they are quiet! but they also cost $40 but well worth the cost for me.
      Slightly off topic, but...... if your ear buds are "bleeding", then generally it is too loud for your own ears. In order for them to bleed to surrounding areas, the decibel range must be in the 80 - 90 dB range or higher. This is the equivalent to attending a rock concert or listening to a jack hammer all day. You should be able to hear both the music and surrounding sounds.

Back on topic, I've had the iPod nano for a while now and love it. I just purchased a new iMac and received a free iPod touch. I'm still trying to figure it out - other than being a bigger iPod. I still like my nano.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
        ... and received a free iPod touch. I'm still trying to figure it out - other than being a bigger iPod.
        Wait until you visit the candy App Store...
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Decided to bring the Nano to work today, so to be safe I placed the Nano into a memory card carrying case (it fits) and then placed that in a backpack.

When I arrived at my office I didn't take the Nano out of the backpack at first, I waited at least a hour or so. When I finally did, the darn thing was playing a song (without the headphones being plugged in).

Comment

Been loading up the Nano with some music and clips of upcoming movies and TV shows (a couple of free previews of the 5th season of Lost via iTunes). I even purchased a remastered episode of Star Trek, not really the best way to view an episode, but it could be used as a way to kill some time while waiting for something.

I know I am under 3 Gytes of storage on this unit. I did accidently caused the unit to be stuck, such that I need to reset the darn thing.

Comment

I found out that if you want to transport the Nano without it turning on by accident is to set the Hold switch on.

Comment

The Iwilei's Costco is selling the 8Gbyte Nano for only $139.99, however it's only limited to the pink, silver and black colors.

Comment

I checked out the 5th generation iPod nano at the Ala Moana Apple Store on Saturday. I was mostly interested in the video camera feature of the unit. While I was able to shoot a couple of videos on the store demo unit I found out the following:
                  1. The lens of the camera is on lower left side of the unit behind the click wheel
                  2. No tripod mount
                  3. No obvious way to delete a video from the iPod

I was thinking of using the iPod nano for taking videos of model rockets going up but I normally use my left hand for that process which would block the lens. However between the weight of the iPod nano and the size it will fit inside a BT-60 based model rocket (was able to fit my 4th Gen iPod nano in such a rocket).

Comment

I actually ran out of space on my 8Gbyte iPod last week. Had to remove the videos to clear up the space and then the photos too because I rarely use that feature to display photos to other people.

Comment

I have an older 4GB iPod Nano. Mine doesn't do video but it does photos and music/audio.

What I do to control space is update it frequently with manually chosen playlists that I create in iTunes. So for example I have about 100 songs for "Current Hits" another 100 songs for "recurrents" and another 200 songs for alternative and 90s music.

The key is not to include your entire iTunes library in iPods that have a limited capacity. The playlist feature on iTunes is a really valuable way to control what goes in or stays out of your iPod.

With more than 16,000 audio files in my collection, I have to use this method to control what goes not only in my Nano, but my old iPod Mini, 1st gen iPod Shuffles and 4th generation iPod Photo (40 GB). All contain different playlists and are even synched to different Macs.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I have the iPod classic with 120 GB of room. So far, I'm using it for music only. 14,364 songs at this point and just over 60 GB's used

Comment

I got 934 songs and one podcast on my 8Gbyte iPod nano which is taking about 3.7 Gbytes of storage on it. The screen interface is just enough to display what song is playing or controling the volume. It is not the right size for displaying photos for other people to see.

Comment

Working...
                          X