iPod & Other Digital Music Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPod & Other Digital Music Devices

And as usual it'll take a year or two before we see it in the United States. Reminds me of a time when I dated a girl from Hiroshima. She was going to the UH/Manoa doing the ESL thing and she needed a boombox for her dorm room. We went to Shirokiya (back in the mid 80's) because they had a decent selection of the latest Sony products.

When we got there she looked so disappointed. She told me this stuff is old and wanted to see the current electronics. I told her this is the cutting edge stuff here. Even the Sharper Image didn't have anything newer.

She ended up buying a unit that "sufficed". Later she showed me a Daie catalog from Japan and was floored at the COOLEST backlit stuff coming out of Nipponesia! OUT OF THIS WORLD STUFF and I had to have it. Oh man being a gadget freak and finding out the car stereos from Japan couldn't tune in the frequency increments in the United States just killed me.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      IBut, a HD based player sometimes skip when jarred too much. (not good for joggers).
      Found that putting it on an armband and placing it close to my bent elbow keeps it pretty steady, and I haven't had it skip. I have the Marware SportsCase Convertible on my iPod 20GB and it works pretty well. (I remember when I used to jog with a CD player in a neoprene case around my waist...those were the days...)
      http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

I've heard good things about the iPod cases from OtterBox.

Comment

Re: cheap deal on ipods

How do people with more than one iPod manage them with their iTunes? Do they create a different user for each iPod?

Also: If the storage capacity for an iPod is reached, how does one keep adding songs to iTunes on the HD, and how do you tell iTunes which of its songs you want to keep on the iPod?
          Last edited by admin; November 2, 2006, 10:51 AM. Reason: Moved to general iPod thread, now on topic!
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: cheap deal on ipods

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            How do people with more than one iPod manage them with their iTunes? Do they create a different user for each iPod?
            How to use multiple iPods with one computer:
            If you share your computer with other people, the simplest way is to maintain separate user accounts on the computer for each person and his or her iPod. This is useful if everyone has different musical tastes; each person gets to maintain his or her own personalized iTunes music library, and can customize the iPod with his or her music... If one person wants to use multiple iPods on a computer, or you don't want to create multiple user accounts to support multiple iPods, you can set iTunes to update each iPod with only certain playlists. This way, you can put all your music on, say, your iPod photo and keep just your workout music on your iPod mini.
            Originally posted by scrivener
            Also: If the storage capacity for an iPod is reached, how does one keep adding songs to iTunes on the HD, and how do you tell iTunes which of its songs you want to keep on the iPod?
            What if my music collection exceeds the storage capacity of iPod?:
            If you have more music in iTunes than you can fit on iPod, you can choose to update selected playlists only or update manually. With the first option, only the tracks in the selected playlists (rather than the entire music library) are downloaded to iPod when you connect. With the manual update option, you manage what goes into your iPod by dragging and dropping selected songs or playlists into iPod.
            Also, read here how iTunes handles iPod Shuffles, which not only have limited space but also no display. It can fill randomly from your library or use a specific playlist. I don't know if random autofill is available for other iPods where its capacity is smaller than the iTunes library, but you could always create a "smart playlist" that randomly fills itself and sync that one.

Comment

The way to do that is to manually manage your Ipod. I have far more songs on my hard drive at home than I'd ever want on my Ipod. Yes you loose the convenience of syncing all your new additions to your pod on each attachment, but you can also keep lots of stuff off. I plug my Ipod into my home PC, my work PC, and my Powerbook, so the manual method works best for me with all the switching around.

Comment

Working...
              X