"Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

This thread is being started to discuss "Lost Season 5".

The series returns to ABC TV on Wednesday, January 21, 2009.

Use this thread to discuss storylines and possible speculation for the upcoming episodes. Several promos for the new season are already rolling on ABC that may offer brief glimpses of what may be coming.

We'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

* Record to Your VCR
    * Record to your Tivo or other DVR device
    * Watch program stream on ABC.com website*
    * Purchase episode from iTunes store

* assuming ABC continues flash based streaming.

As for episode spoilers, use the spoiler tag if you are posting the same day or before an episode airs in Hawaii.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

is ginger in any of the episodes?

*smiles innocently*
    stay forever young

Comment

Sun was totally creepy tonight. She looked rail thin in that suit at the airport. daaayum.

lol out of 2 hours and months of waiting, that is what I remember most...!

Comment

I wonder who are the guys who were attacking James and Juliet at the end of the 2nd hour? They seemed more meaner than The Others.

It was kind of ironic about the character Neil who complains about no one can start a fire and then he gets nailed by a flaming arrow.

Comment

The island's time/space shifting apparently is having repercussions elsewhere in the world as well. I noticed that "Windward Auto Spa" was transplanted to Los Angeles!

The show used to go to great lengths to edit/camouflage things like that out of the background. Are they losing their touch?

This season looks like it'll be very interesting.
          No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

I got into wondering about the following things:
            1. It seems that some form of time travel (or time shifting) might be the theme for the 5th season, Desmond experienced some sort of time travel since the 3rd season
            2. Under certain conditions this form of time travel can be fatal
            3. The disease that Danielle Rousseau claims that infected her team could be the fatal side effect of time traveling (FSETT)
            4. The injection that Desmond was giving himself during his intro in the second season could have been a temporary stop gap measure (or a non-workable solution) to combat the effects of the FSETT
            5. Was kind of interesting that when the time shifting occurred Locke got seperated from The Others but in the case of the Oceanic 815 and the freighter group, Juliet shifted with them too (as opposed to being left behind like The Others
            6. The group of guys that captured James and Juliet seemed to have a thing of cutting of hands. I wonder if this is the same group of people that chopped off Mavin Candle's hand.
            7. It used to be that previously dead characters could come back via flashbacks or as visions while under the influence of something but now they can come back during time shifts on the island or as visions to Hurley in the outside world.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              I wonder who are the guys who were attacking James and Juliet at the end of the 2nd hour? They seemed more meaner than The Others.
              My vote is Rousseau's crew, crazed with anger after the kidnaping of young Alex.

It was kind of ironic about the character Neil who complains about no one can start a fire and then he gets nailed by a flaming arrow.
              The actor that played Neil was in my college dorm! It's been fun spotting him in bit parts over the years. He's best known as the guy in the Aaron Burr "Got Milk?" commercial. He's gotten regular work playing a string of kinda goofy guys.

Originally posted by LarryPrice View Post
              I noticed that "Windward Auto Spa" was transplanted to Los Angeles!
              We noticed that Hurley was parked there too, but wasn't he also driving town-bound on Waialae when Ana-Lucia's cop car lit him up? Talk about time/space shifting!

I can't believe it's been two days since the season premiere and there's only been six posts! Are we losing fans, or just waiting for Ryan's recap?

Comment

Lost Writers Reveal the Premiere Secrets You Missed!
                (Sumthin' tells me that HT's group of 'Lost' aficionados didn't miss a thing!)

Comment

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
                  ...wasn't he also driving town-bound on Waialae when Ana-Lucia's cop car lit him up?
                  Doh! According to Caryn Kunz' Lost blog, that was actually Kahuhipa Street in Kaneohe.

Comment

According to Caryn Kunz' that was actually Kahuhipa Street in Kaneohe.

Well, not exactly...The driving scene was on Waialae Ave...I know all the landmarks that was being shown, but they then shot the scene on Kahuhipa St. where Anna Lucia goes up to Hurley .

Saw the bit where they went into the butcher shop...that was Aala Meat Market on Waiakamilo Rd between Meg's Drive-Inn and that 24/7 store that handles safety equipment...

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                      Well, not exactly...The driving scene was on Waialae Ave...I know all the landmarks that was being shown, but they then shot the scene on Kahuhipa St. where Anna Lucia goes up to Hurley .
                      Aha - I was right! Not bad for a mainland guy! (OK, with a little help from my wife But I was the one that froze the screen and spotted the H-1 sign in the background!) That was just down the street from Kim Chee II and Big City Diner, right?

Comment

Wednesday's episodes will be re-aired tonight (1/24/09) on KITV at 8pm (HST).

Comment

I think this was the Mother of all Lost episodes. So many revelations and mysteries and romantic confessions! The introduction of 1950s H-bomb (Jughead) adds a new dimension.

Comment

Talk about being hit in the head with a frying pan for this episode (called Jughead).
                            1. Penny and Desmond have a kid
                            2. The island is in the South Pacific Ocean in the 1950's and was a H bomb test site in 1954 (the island could have been off the African Coast for brief period in the late 1990's or early 2000 to grab the Beachcraft while it crashed)
                            3. The episode title of Jughead refers to the name of the H bomb in the epsiode that did not explode
                            4. Daniel makes the suggestion of encasing the H bomb in concrete and bury the thing (I doubt it's the thing in the Swan station).
                            5. No idea on the age of Richard Alpert but Juliet says he is very old.
                            6. The guy from last week's episode who demands who Juliet and James are and orders Juliet's hand to be cut off before being stop, that was a young Charles Widmore.

Comment

On one hand I am kind of glad that Jin survived the freighter's bomb blast from last season and having him encounter Daneille's group when they first arrived on the island 16 years before the crash of Oceanic 815. On the other hand a couple of possible plot holes get generated from this, one is how come Daneille don't remember Jin 16 years later (unless this encounter in the past is really short) and secondly if Jin (and perhaps others from the freighter) is effected by the island's time warp thing how come the Oceanic 6 on the helicopter is not time traveling since they were between the freighter and the island when the islands started to move in time?

Comment

Working...
                              X