UH vs Cincinatti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs Cincinatti

For tonite's game, against #13 Cincinatti, UH will need to play their season best to have a chance of winning. They are nearly 100% healthy and peaking, albeit late, with QB Alexander coming on strong. Mouton & Pilares are essential, however only game time questionably available.
    A win here would be a fine way to cap off a stuggling year of major rebuilding. The momentum will be somewhat lost without the Hawaii Bowl being schedualed for the next week, but the inspiration should hold over, with Notre Dame and BYU! being in contention for the opponant's spot. Either one would gaurantee a sellout and a good game with National exposure.
    A win tonite would eqaul the win over Fresno St. and be the final defination of this year's team, that will end as a success no matter how it goes.

GO BOWS!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: UH vs Cincinatti

And it'll be live on ESPN2, too! Hooray!
    Right now, the Army-Navy game is on, with a Hawai`i boy at quarterback for Navy. And in a few hours we get #1 Alabama against #2 Florida. Great day to do projects around the house with the games on.
    And then tonight...

GO BOWS!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Congrads to the UH Warrriors for making the playoffs. Their first round match is against the Big East champion U of Cincinnatti. Who would have thunk it after a 1 win and 3 losses start? This has been a successful season considering the schedule.

Comment

Re: UH vs CincinNati

Well, the Warriors come off the blocks in flying form in a wild first half filled with turnovers, penalties and trickery. Greg Alexander is at his best, throwing completion after completion, with only the Bearcats’ tough defense preventing a touchdown. A blocked kick by UH special teams adds to the momentum as Hawai‘i finally gets on the board with a field goal by the ‘Iceman’ in the closing seconds of the second quarter.

10-3 Cincinnati at the half.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

And now with ten minutes left in the third quarter... we're ahead 17-10!!!

GO BOWS!!!

Comment

Re: UH vs CincinNati

What a tremendous quarter of play for the Warriors! From 60-yard receptions to heads-up interceptions, UH is dominating Cincinnati. I like how the defense is fired up and not letting up, with fierce stuffing apparently leftover from Thanksgiving.

At the end of the 3rd quarter it remains 17-10 Warriors!!!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

4th Quarter UH 24 Cincy 10... kicking ass!

Its pau.

Comment

Originally posted by pnayalohaangel View Post
                4th Quarter UH 24 Cincy 10... kicking ass! Its pau.
                Guess again.
                Valiant effort, but we ended up losing 29-24. Still yet...

GO BOWS!!!

Comment

i must admit the game was intense....i missed the 1st and half of the 2nd quarter....but i enjoyed the rest of the game.....my niece and i were both entertained by both a fan that sat in the back of us and a group of samoan u.h nut fans that sat infront of us....didn't make it any better with that 1 drunk samoan dude...he was just a nuisance...but i enjoyed the game....didn't realize the hawaii u,h based fans are so dedicated!!! my niece and i were both boo'd at...we were cheering for cincinatti...my nephew plays for cincinatti his mom couldn't make it so we were both there for support....although he didn't have the chance to play but 1 scrimage...i am very proud of my nephew

much mahalo and respect to the bows!!!
                  stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Guess again.
                    Valiant effort, but we ended up losing 29-24. Still yet...

GO BOWS!!!
                    Sighs. Maybe next year. Hopefully we're getting better recruits.

Greg Alexander better improve off-season.

OBTW, is is true? Our own UH fans are copying Sugar Bowl's UGA fans by chanting "Overrated" to the Bearcats?
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      OBTW, is is true? Our own UH fans are copying Sugar Bowl's UGA fans by chanting "Overrated" to the Bearcats?
                      I think that fans who chant Overrated are Overrated.
                      I like Robert K. as a football color broadcaster, but he made a statement that was a headscratcher, until it hit me. He said that the pass interference play was a good defensive stop against a touchdown, but that call basically ended the game. But, if you had UH and 6 points. You won!. UC just took a knee to finish winning by 5 points.

Comment

Weird that Kekaula's statement would puzzle you. If a defender is beaten and can't legally break up the play in the end zone, he's got to commit pass interference or it's a guaranteed six. It puts the ball on the 1 with a first down, but that's still better than giving up the immediate 6.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Weird that Kekaula's statement would puzzle you. If a defender is beaten and can't legally break up the play in the end zone, he's got to commit pass interference or it's a guaranteed six. It puts the ball on the 1 with a first down, but that's still better than giving up the immediate 6.
                          That pass interference call gave UC a first down with under a minute to play and no timeouts for UH. It's no gimme that the receiver would catch the ball. There have been a lot of dropped passes lately, and the pass looked short because it hit the UH defender in the back. It was going to be fourth down for UC, and UH still had a chance with trailing by one score. With the automatic first down because of the penalty, UC just went to the knee to run out the clock.

Comment

UH vs Notre Dame in the '08 Hawaii Bowl

We got the preferred available marquee name needed for the upcoming bowl game which will again give UH major National exposure. A great game against them will obviously be a huge boost for future recruiting efforts.
                            They won't be able to hit our shores until Dec. 25th, but that may be enuf for the mo-peds and mai tais curse to take effect.

One understated point of excellance;
                            Cincy's head coach, Brian Kelly stated what another National powerhouse opponant of UH this season has said, Florida's Gators, Urban Meyer, that UH are a very physical/hard hitting team.
                            Kelly say's that UH hits as hard, or maybe harder, than what they faced against Oklahoma this year.
                            That's a huge compliment, and a sign that Coach Mack has retained the physicallity that we need to compete with the big boys. Once we get our lines (mainly the offense) to play top ten ball, and a bit more offense focus, we'll be able to compete again with Boise St. and hopefully retake the WAC Championship.
                            This 7-6 season is quite acceptable, with all things considered.

Thanx Coach!

GO BOWS!
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 8, 2008, 07:37 AM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

We snagged Notre Dame for the Hawaii Bowl? Kudos to all. I almost want to go and cheer Hawaii on...
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X