President Barack Obama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Barack Obama!

No Mata, I do not make $250k. That's why I get to be on the receiving end of the redistribution. On top of that, folks who voted Obama have clearly indicated their desire to have their incomes redistributed. So step up Dems, put your money where your mouth is, buy me whatever I ask for, cuz that's about the only way you gonna shut me up for the next 4 years. Reminds me of the old saw about "Careful what you wish for." After all, I'm not the one who favors redistibution, but I will support the policies of our new President-Elect. I just hope all the folks who voted for Obama will support his policies also.

And on a positive note, I had a wonderful conversation about the desire for racial diversity with a man from Hawaii who supports Sovereignty. He realized in a flash of insight why the racial/ethnic component of the SovMov is its' largest problem. There is a difference between a Hawaiian Nation, and a Nation of Hawaii. Obama's election will cast a bright spotlight upon racial ethnocentrism, highlighting its' sinister idealogies. Kau Inoa, OHA, DHHL, Kamehameha Schools, are but a few of the institutions that are likely to suffer at the hands of diversity.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

President Obama is our HOPE for the future for our country and the world Many countries rely on our aid, security, economies, and diplomacy. IMO - he is the person who can unite other countries together to solve so many of the blunders that are happening today in foregin affairs.

His bi-racial background is appealing to many since he comes from mid-western roots with domestic and foreign blood. The experiences that he shares have graced the lands of Hawai'i, Indonesia, and Africa, while identifying with the average joe to the under-privileged. He is my Tiger Woods is to the sport of golf

Imua Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
        Newsweek has a great series of articles about the campaign. The stories were embargoed until today. Check them out.

There was a lot more hatred directed toward the Obamas than we saw. And I'm still concerned for his safety today. I keep thinking about what happened to both Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King.

Anyone noticed the heavy glass on either side of Obama's stage?
        Yes, that is a HUGE concern. It's 2008 and still this stuff continues to rear it's ugly head. We still have a long way to go.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
          I wondered why just to the sides?
          That helps protect him from three sides: the back of the stage, and the two unframed bullet-resistant glass panels. The front is left open as a concession only. If the Secret Service had their way, he would be totally enclosed in glass.

By having only the front open the Secret Service can concentrate their protection in a narrower zone. They can keep a very sharp eye on the crowd and place agents on every possible vantage point within that zone.

The glass on the sides were probably left unframed for aesthetic reasons only. And they're able to deflect a rifle bullet enough to spoil someone's aim. It would give the agents enough time to get Obama out of harm's way.

There are still lots of people out there who fear and hate non-whites. And they probably haven't heard the message that Obama wants to include everyone -- including them -- in the plans to rebuild America.

Comment

A message of inclusion, of everyone. I love that part of this new President's agenda. Down with racism, racial ethnocentrism, race based decision making, racial slurs, race baiting, and racial preference.

I saw Sen Akaka interviewed beaming about the Akaka Bill and how Obama will help the cause. Does that jive with the notion of inclusion? Methinks not.

There is one race. It's called HUMAN. The rest is culture.

The minute you think your ethnicity is special or somehow deserving for any reason, you have betrayed Obama.

Obama's election is proof that anybody can make it. No crutches needed.
            Last edited by timkona; November 5, 2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: One last thought
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              So step up Dems, put your money where your mouth is ...
              I already do, and have for years. Remember that economic stimulus check? I received $600. Within a month, I turned around and gave $1200 more to various charitable organizations - on top of the money that I normally donate from year to year. And I am certain that I make a lot less money than you do, Tim; remember, I was also unemployed for six months last year, and was looking at the possibility of being so again not too long ago.

I believe I have a responsibility to share my limited "wealth" during my time on this world; if my needs are covered, and those of my family, as well as a reasonable amount of "wants" (something I've noticed has been decreasing in the past decade), plus a little bit put aside for the future - then I share the remainder.

But I don't expect that to resonate with your personal philosophies.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Obama's election is proof that anybody can make it. No crutches needed.
                Uhhhhh, you didn't! Maybe your message didn't play any better then, than it does here on HT.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Steve Case and Pierre Omidyar will no longer be the most prominent Punahou School alumni! I bet everyone will want to go there now!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    are you that freaking blind and lemming"ific" that you can so easily blame the recent failures on GW?

Please do me a favor, especially you Buzz (only b/c you're the most recent poster) and understand why the US is where it is today.

Think about NAFTA and Clinton's bringing to fruit the laissez faire lending standards. These planted the seeds to our economic collapse. Or we can sit around and blame Bush because we are unintelligent enough to not see the forest through the trees.
                    Stephen, on the same token, you have the blinders on as well. Your criticism of Clinton is justified, but the Iraq War is a big part of the reason we are in this mess as well. What have we gained by attacking Iraq? Divide and conquer? Make the U.S. the most hated nation in the world? $700 billion tab and counting?

Realize that as has pointed out many times on HT, Clinton brought our national deficit and debt down. Bush ran it up. How do you justify that? Your earlier assessment that neither Obama nor McCain could solve our problems is probably true. But at least Obama gives us hope. That’s a good place to start. In my “utopian” world, Ron Paul would be president, but today, I stand behind my Punahou boy and Commander-in-chief-elect.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

How much is the program guide of the Hawaii HS Basketball Tournament worth during Punahou's championship year with Obama?

Comment

Italian Prime Minister Burlesconi sent a congratulatory message to President elect Obama. In it he said:

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is also handsome, young and suntanned,"

Very suntanned! I hope that Obama sees the humor in this and can have a good laugh. I think the PM was serious, no disrespect intended!
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          [...] Obama who is also handsome, young and suntanned,"

Very suntanned! [...]
                          Remnants of his childhood in Hawaii, I s'pose!!! Doesn't everyone who grows up or lives in Hawaii have a suntan? That's hysterical and I can't imagine Obama not getting a good laugh out of it!

And the "handsome, young" part? Oooooowheeee, baby! You betcha!

Comment

My husband and I are stationed in Virginia. We were one of the big states that would determine if there would be victory for Obama. Virginia is always republican but there are a lot of african americans here so it switched the state's party to democrat. I am very glad the Obama is president. This country needs change.

Comment

Italian leader: Obama 'handsome and even tanned'

The Obama administration transitional website It barely took a day for this site to appear!

Comment

Obama outlines changes planned in regards to Prez and VP positions

Comment

Working...
                                X