Thunderbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbirds

Well, I congratulate Helen for posting a "calendar event" for the opening of this movie, but as I've already told her, I do NOT want to see it.

They really do seem to be getting a bit desperate in Hollywood these days.

What next, "Howdy Doody: The Movie"?

Re: Thunderbirds

Went to see the 9:45 pm showing of Thunderbirds at Ward 16 on Friday night. Since I am operating the sound and lights at play called Endgame at Yellow Brick Studio (enough of the shameless plug) a few blocks away the play ended around 9:15 and I thought I would not make it (since I had to walk over). By the time I got to Ward 16 it was around 9:40, a line of about 30 people was buying tickets and the 11pm showing of The Village was sold out. I throught I would never get in time.

The ticket line went pretty fast and I brought my ticket hoping that it was not sold out, got in the main enterance, decided not to buy any food, went to theater it was playing, while walking in, the lights were dark, the Coke C2 commerical was playing (it didn't start yet), I round the bend to where the seats are and I noticed that the entire theater was empty!

Picked a seat, sat down and during the 3 previews about 5 to 8 people came in.

So what is Thunderbirds about? If you did remember the Checkers and Pogo show on KGMB from the 1970's they showed a puppet series from England (the same people who made Space:1999) called Thunderbirds. This is the live action version. All five Thunderbird craft are in this movie, while their functions remain the same Thunderbirds 4 and 5 look radically different from the puppet series. Thunderbird 2 looks leaner (and I think better), while Thunderbird 1 inside is different (used to carry one person, in the movie it carried 4 people). Thunderbird 3 only had a slight change in the number of rocket engines it used.

Anyway this movie is basically a kids's flick, the kids are the heroes (which I had no problem with) with some campy dialouge, decent action scenes with not so decent fight scenes which at times made the movie a disapointment at first but then you have to realize it's a kid's flick and some plot holes big enough to fit Thunderbird 2 thru.

Anyway if you have kids, take them to see this movie. If you want an intelligent action movie, go watch I, Robot.

Comment

Working...
    X