"Small kid" time TV...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Small kid" time TV...

I remember all the classic japanese shows on KIKU. Kikaida, Rainbow Man,Go Rangers,Diamond Eye, Inazu(lightling) Man, Kamen Rider, Zaboga,and Robocon. I alway got in trouble because all of us kids were always kicking and chopping yelling TOAH! It was way better than my son's "Power Rangers".

It was big too because kids used to ALL were the t-shirts, Pack movie houses(like the Palace in Hilo) to see a Kikaida 3-D movie. Back then the theaters held 400-500 people , and it was PACKED! The whole theater was singing the Kikaida theme. Also we all went nuts when they brought the LIVE show to Hawaii....boy the memories!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Nobody else here besides Moto remembers who Kaze Kozo is?

Comment

Howzit Lurkah, I think we just wen show our age.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Moto

Howzit Lurkah, I think we just wen show our age.
          If they only knew that Kaze Kozo was da original Shogun of all da rest of dem Kikaida et al superheroes. Kaze Kozo was da bomb!

Comment

Kaze Kozo was the BOMB. Anybody else (old) remember that series??
            Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
              I remember all the classic japanese shows on KIKU. ....It was big too because kids used to ALL were the t-shirts, Pack movie houses(like the Palace in Hilo)
              Long ago when KIKU was on Channel 13, was there already cable TV in Hilo? As far as I remember back in the 1970s there was not any cable out in the aread I lived in (on the Big Island), so I never caught all the Japanese super hero shows that were shown on KIKU TV.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                Long ago when KIKU was on Channel 13, was there already cable TV in Hilo? As far as I remember back in the 1970s there was not any cable out in the aread I lived in (on the Big Island), so I never caught all the Japanese super hero shows that were shown on KIKU TV.
                Yes ...there was cable . I think it was about 5 or 6 stations WTBS(the Superstation) , KIKU , USA, HBO and CNN. I think a company called COMTEC ran the cable company.
                Last edited by alohabear; August 23, 2005, 06:17 AM.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                  Yes ...there was cable . I think it was about 5 or 6 stations WTBS(the Superstation) , KIKU , USA, HBO and CNN. I think a company called COMTEC ran the cable company.

OK. Yes, Comtec was Hilo's cable TV company. I believe they were around from about the early-mid 1970s and slowly spread to rural areas. Honokaa, where I used to live did not get cable until around 1985... so for years we were stuck with only the 4 over-air channels you could catch from Maui, which KIKU 13 was not a part of.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                  X