Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When did the Queen Theater close?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Good luck! with the limited parking available it'll be tough enough just to get people to park. The muni parking lot across the street is always jam packed on weekends already! I think you'd get a lot of NIMBYism if you tried to open up a club there.

Actually if you tore down the building and simply built a pay parking lot I think you'd make a lot more money since parking is already a premium in that area.

well if you make a late nite club I don't think it would be that bad. Late at nite that city lot shouldn't be that packed, plus you got tons of street parking all over the place. The area does get pretty crowded during the day and at dinner time, but is alot more empty after 10. Plus Waialae doe need a cool club. Big city diner used to do alot of club stuff, but that didn't last.
    'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Hmmmm. Coffee Talk already has occasional live music nights, so there's already an audience in the area who could be interested.

Comment

the problem with that muni parking lot behind Big City Diner is that it's a 24-hour pay parking lot. And late nightclubbing on Waialae Avenue would definately bring cries of NIMBYism from the local residents.

I tell you open up a parking lot because it's a bitch getting from the muni lot to Waialae Avenue where all the action in Kaimuki from 10th avenue to Kokohead Avenue reside. Queen Theater is right in the middle of all the action and close enough to Toys N' Joys! Make it big then on Saturdays turn it into a swap meet...man I remember the good old days with the Waialae Drive In swap meet. East Honolulu needs a good venue for a swap meet. Kam is great but it's too far away and the Aloha Stadium is just too big.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Wow I think the last movie I saw at Queen was Rocky I... lol

Comment

I miss the Queen theater, last movie I saw there was a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show. What fun that was. Also miss the Waialae Drive-in, saw all the originals of Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolf and The Mummy. Oh yeah! And Live And Let Die. Remember that movie and song? Anyways...
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
            X