How often do you switch shampoos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How often do you switch shampoos?

A few years ago, my hair stylist suggested changing shampoos once in a while. I know she told me why but I've forgotten. However, since I use the same brand, it probably doesn't make that much difference but I figured she knows more about hair than me. and I'm noticing that I have less bubbles now since I have softened water in my apt. I don't know if that is good for hair or not.

I was using drug store brands for about a year (Clairol, Dove, Just for Brunettes, Suave - pretty much anything that was inexpensive) and I noticed my hair was dull, dry and not in very good condition. I decided I could give up the occassional bottle of wine to afford the better quality shampoo so now I'm back to Kiehl's brand. I kind of wonder sometimes if I've really given up that bottle of wine though

(and there is nothing wrong with drug store brands - they just don't work on my hair)
    Last edited by anapuni808; January 21, 2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: (ah, those pesky "afterthoughts")
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I have a fetish for shampoo/conditioner, shower gels, sugar scrubs and related. It's embarrassing how many I have in the showers here. However
      people love showering here for the large assortment and get to try products and brands they might not normally think about.

Comment

I remember as a little kid using Breck shampoo. It made your hair squeaky clean, literally. Now, I like shampoo that smells good.

Comment

What was the shampoo that gave your hair a tingly feeling in its commercial? I would stay away from any product that gives your scalp a tingly sensation, because it might contain a toxic ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            I've been using SunSilk (the PI kind, not the American one) for about 5 years now. I don't intend on ever changing it!
            you messin' with Eskinol too?
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

wow - i switch shampoos cause i'm poor - i buy the cheap ones and on rare occassions (that's like once a year) i would buy the drug store expensive one for like what 5.99 (that's expensive to me) till it runs out and go back to the 99 cent shampoos

stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                And when do you exit the "repeat" loop?
                When bald or dead.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                  When bald or dead.
                  Alright! I'm almost done then. Wait is that good? HaHaHa!
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Shampoo bottles have directions?

I've been using Pantene since 1994. I guess I will be due to switch again in, oh, about 6 years.

I did try making my own conditioner once. It turns out that xanthan gum turns rancid pretty fast in a humid bathroom and....you don't want to know.

Comment

I like to switch whenever i get the urge for something different
                      Some say switch after a month or two..

But really...if something is working for me, I will use that until I notice it's not doing what it once was (time can/will vary), and maybe even then, all i may need is an apple cider vinegar rinse!

I'm a huge fan of Aveda shampoos and conditioners...they make my hair so shiny and soft !

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        What was the shampoo that gave your hair a tingly feeling in its commercial? I would stay away from any product that gives your scalp a tingly sensation, because it might contain a toxic ingredient.
                        Tea Tree shampoos will do this...even all natural ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          agree with enamorada. that "toxic" ingredient might be something as harmful as menthol or tea tree oil or peppermint oil. i wouldn't worry, WB.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                            I remember as a little kid using Breck shampoo. It made your hair squeaky clean, literally. Now, I like shampoo that smells good.
                            Haha! Breck!! That stuff makes my hair, well, crunchy. Definately not made for curly haired girls - the frizz factor!!
                            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                            X