Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A visit to the doctor

A visit to the doctor

When you get to a certain age, the doctor calls me in every 2 months to give me more blood pressure tablets and a check up.
    Just my luck !! my doctor was off sick There are 9 other doctors in the Elms medical practice and they had to give me an appointment with a female doctor who could not speak nor understand English very well.

She looked at her computer monitor and checked my age ,,,, then she decided that she would give me a prostate check up.

I told her that I had suffered the 'finger up the bum' check just before Christmas and all I wanted was a repeat prescription for my tablets.

I was ordered to get my clothes off and get on the couch. By then I was losing my cool, which is not like me.

OK ! I was a bit rude ? I waved the prescription form at her and said,,,,

" You are asking me to get my boxer shorts off and you haven't even kissed me yet."

She signed the prescription straight away. I made another appontment at reception to see My doctor a.s.a.p.

Re: A visit to the doctor

I'm a Kaiser Medical member and years ago as part of a physical I was told that the "Turn your head and cough" proceedure would be done.

So I requested a female doctor. She was nice and gentle. HaHa!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Barry -
      You passed up a chance like that?
      At our age it's more of 'take what you can get, no?'
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Good to know, guys. I have had high-blood pressure for more than a year now, and my doctor at Kaiser Permanente is warning me that this is my last chance to make some serious changes before he puts me on meds. Now I know I have some “other activities” to look forward to.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          Good to know, guys. I have had high-blood pressure for more than a year now, and my doctor at Kaiser Permanente is warning me that this is my last chance to make some serious changes before he puts me on meds. Now I know I have some “other activities” to look forward to.
          Well, the prostate check isn't related to your b.p., it's about your age. But by all means, if you can find non-pill ways to drop your b.p., do it now! You won't feel symptoms of hypertension, but it will dramatically increase your risk of having a stroke. Your recent increases in b.p. could be related to your weight, your diet, or just hereditary factors; some of these are easier than others to take care of yourself.

Comment

For those of you who can maintain or improve your health via DIET and/or EXERCISE, please at least try those routes. I was in pretty good shape for most of my life until certain conditions developed about 16 years ago.

Now, my medication regimen really SUCKS. Not so much the expense, but also the scheduling and time expended. Then, the spectre of side effects and being at risk for other conditions. I have dietery restrictions which I could and should have followed in the past, not just for my specific ailments, but for general health benefits. It seems that I have doctors for every part of my body.

I do the best I can to be as healthy as I can be, having dropped 30 lbs. from 2-1/2 years ago and maintaining it. In some areas, things have improved. In others, it's a struggle to keep things from getting worse. Thank goodness for medical insurance and prescription coverage.

Comment

And NOT having insurance sucks. I pay close to $500 a month for RX's. The most important one I need doesn't have a generic yet. So a little exercise can pay off in more way than one! (That's not what I'm on meds for, but still)

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
              X