Moloka'i just got a new FM station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moloka'i just got a new FM station

Moloka'i just got a new FM station: KMKK FM 102.3. KMKK FM 102.3 is testing with a Hawaiian music format.

Re: Moloka'i just got a new FM station

This is another Visionary Related Entertainment addition to the KAOI Maui group... and is slated to play "traditional and contemporary Hawaiian music 24 hours a day, seven days a week" this from a KAOI Radio Group flyer- that found it's way into my hands...

At the helm- JD Reynolds a Maui veteran of some, I dunno 50 years?

He's been operating a web station focused on island music for years--- and will take this background to the airwaves... although not at full power yet... I understand it's coming in nicely in Lahaina so far.

I'm expecting the usual "voice tracked, cost saving, no live talent" presentation... but then again, maybe the owner will pop for a live morning drive? Time will tell.

I believe that will take Maui up to 13 stations? not counting the LPs

And yes- I said Maui, because the station will more than likely be programmed, operated, and advertising sold, from the KAOI building in Wailuku... where KAOI FM, KAOI AM, KDLX FM, and KNUQ FM reside.

No doubt voice trackers will be spread onto the new property- It's a kick hearing the same voice as "Country Joe", "Local Joe", "News guy Joe", "Soft AC Joe", hey even "Jazz Joe"... ownership has really hit on something- we (on air) radio types practically work for free- as long as there's a "title" to be had.

Comment

I've heard L.D. a few times on KAOI FM while on various trips to the Big Island last year.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think Visionary made a smart and thoughtful decision to put traditional and contemporary Hawaiian music on the new KMKK because they are making up for the demise of traditional and contemporary Hawaiian music on KNUI AM 900, now a news/talk station as "Fox News 900."

Comment

Whap on the head!!!

yeah- it is LD ...

just a senior moment

Comment

I've written about KMKK a couple times previously:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/18/business/engle.html
            (scroll to second item)

... and this one:

http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/08/business/engle.html
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

All Hawaiian 102.3 KMKK can be heard in certain parts of Oahu. This afternoon, I picked up KMKK on Kuhio Avenue across from the Outrigger Hotel on my Sony Walkman headset radio. It came in as a near local. KMKK also comes in as a near local in Windward Oahu.

Comment

KMKK is now being relayed to 104.7 on Oahu. 104.7 used to relay Kauai Community Radio KKCR/KAQA.

Comment

My home island have a radio station?

Sweet.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                  X