Michelle Wie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Wie?

Anyone notice that Michelle Wie was the "Question" to a Jeopardy "Answer" the other night?

It had to do w/ (not sure if this is completely correct...please correct me if I'm wrong)

"This person became the youngest person at 14 to win the ..."

The answer of course being said by a mainland person was "Who is Wie"

Comment

Re: Who is Wie?

We is the people on Hawaii Threads!

haw haw haw <snort>

Comment

Seeing her cry yesterday because of a bad golf round....made me think twice whether she IS MATURE ENOUGH????

She still must have at least $9 million Banked on just sponsorship....

Made me think... "Money Doesn't Buy Happiness."

But, damn.... to cry because of a bad golf game????

ANYONE ELSE CRY when they have a bad golf game and still have 9 million in the bank?

OK... Please don't hate me hawaii...just observing... I am a true fan of hers...

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Seeing her cry yesterday because of a bad golf round....made me think twice whether she IS MATURE ENOUGH????
          [...]
          I dunno...I've been following her and feel she is mature beyond her years. That said, I prefer that kids be allowed to remain kids thru high school.

She's handled other disappointing rounds with grace and dignity. I think those might've been tears more out of embarrassment and/or humiliation than anything else. That might've been her worst round of golf in the last 3 years or so. Then to have it happen at home, during a major tournament, in front of what I've heard was a large gallery...well...she's only human.

Just my 2 centavos...

Comment

crying? CRYING!? There's no CRYIIINNNGGG... in golfball!

Comment

She shot a 68 today. An 11-stroke turnaround from the prior day's round is almost incomprehensible, not to say nearly impossible.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

$700,000 appearance fee...

However the winner of the tourney only gets $600,000...

I say Wie won before she stepped off the plane at the latest tourney

Manoa thinking what he would do w/ $700,000 for stepping off an airplane

Comment

I am We as You are We as She is Wie and We are all together...

I am the Leo (woooooo)
                  He is da Lurkah (woooooo)
                  We are the Threaders --- GooGooGaJoob

Comment

Re: Michelle Wie

yahoo buzz index... #2 Michelle Wie

at the time I post this....

Haven't seen her in the top 10 before!

It also appears that she has an official website now...

http://www.missmichellewie.com/

However, I can't guarantee that's not someone trying to swap her glory.... it does look pretty official though...

Barbaro's sad taleDerby champ Barbaro's devastating injury in the Preakness renewed buzz on horse racing. More...
                    Popular Sports Searches
                    1. Barbaro
                    2. Michelle Wie 3. Albert Pujols
                    4. Belmont Stakes "

Comment

Michelle received an exemption last week from qualifying for the Women's US Open which will be held at the Newport Country Club in Newport, RI last week, and I think the organizers of this event all gave a collective sigh of relief when they heard that news. She is officially in! I'm pretty sure they've been waiting impatiently for that announcement.

The Boston Globe sports section this past Sunday had a large ad announcing that she would be in the tournament and implied, with her admission to the tournament, prospective attendees of this event better get their tickets now.

There has also been a large billboard in downtown Providence, off one of the interstates, that has been touting the Open since last winter. Right now, the billboard highlights Paula Creamer and I'm not sure who else. But I'm betting with Michelle now an official entrant to the Open, that billboard will be changed to one exclusively announcing that she's in the tournament.

There's quite a buzz around here...Michelle's in the Open...better get your tickets now!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        It also appears that she has an official website now...

http://www.missmichellewie.com/

However, I can't guarantee that's not someone trying to swap her glory.... it does look pretty official though...
                        Nope. A quick WHOIS search shows that that domain is owned by some guy in Manila. Somehow I don't think that would be Michelle or her parents.

Whois.Net

WHOIS information for missmichellewie.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... missmichellewie.com
                        Creation Date........ 2005-10-13
                        Registration Date.... 2005-10-13
                        Expiry Date.......... 2007-10-13
                        Organisation Name.... Aster Edward Umali
                        Organisation Address. Unit 24i Tower 2 Paseo Parkview Suites
                        Organisation Address. 142 Valero Street
                        Organisation Address. Makati City
                        Organisation Address. 1200
                        Organisation Address. Metro Manila
                        Organisation Address. PHILIPPINES
                        Michelle's official web site is at http://michellewie.com, and is owned by her father BJ and managed by the William Morris Agency. Apparently it's just a placeholder for now.
                        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; May 23, 2006, 12:20 AM.

Comment

if your on now...

Turn to the golf channel...Digital channlel #216

Michelle is one stroke away from winning her first Championship!

And what a championship it would be... the LPGA McDonald's one... Big Money!
                          Last edited by damontucker; June 11, 2006, 12:08 PM. Reason: channel #216

Comment

Here's why you always read at least the lead paragraph when you're headline-surfing:

Last edited by scrivener; June 11, 2006, 03:30 PM. Reason: "somewhere in the distance, i hear the bells ring..."
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

that's a good one scriv!

Comment

Nice catch, Scriv. (And good thinking saving a screen capture locally... of course they've fixed it elsewhere: "Pak lifts LPGA title after play-off win.") A bit of a "Dewey Defeats Truman" flub there! Bet the web team was sitting with their fingers hovering over the "publish" button on different versions of the story, clicking when the final score was posted but forgetting to rewrite the hed.

The correct headlines spreading across the web tell the real story...
                                The newscasts were so optimistic about her one-off-the-lead standing yesterday... so it was hard not to guess how this tournament was going to end. It's a story we've seen a few too many times.

I wish Wie well, I do. But "Wie almost makes it" won't be news much longer. It barely is now. Sigh. I want her to be an inspiration, not a cautionary tale, you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X