• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

I work hard.

I love to eat.

And I share.

Clams, Calamari and OPAKAPAKA from Blue Water Shrimp at International Market Place Food Court.

Auntie Lynn
    Attached Files
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank you. Now I don't feel like such a loser as a HW. Most days I give it a whirl, but I just get sick of trying to think of things. And doing dishes is seriously my least favorite chore. Now baking on the other hand, I NEVER get sick of.

Oh, dinner. Um, something from Campbells.com. Yeah.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        Thank you. Now I don't feel like such a loser as a HW. Most days I give it a whirl, but I just get sick of trying to think of things. And doing dishes is seriously my least favorite chore. Now baking on the other hand, I NEVER get sick of.

House Wife? Das wat I'm best at and as a Mom! Cooking, washing dishes, I love da most. Baking...the smell of cookies and bread. Being a HW is never a loser dear. No way! I got three kids to prove it.

I work hard and my favorite thing to do is eat any place I choose. I still cook at home for my DH and Ohana when I want to.

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; September 19, 2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Being a HW is never a loser dear. No way! I got three kids to prove it.
          Thank you, Auntie. I meant being a bad HW because I'm not so good at the cooking thing. But I'm working on it. I still got lots of years to learn! Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Lots of members here with great ideas for cooking,,,, please don't be discouraged. Pick up tips. Nobody likes doing dishes!!!!!

Comment

Tonight's dinner is risotto and shrimp.

I hate my cooking. My hubby thinks I'm a great cook, and I think I'm pretty OK, too. But, once I've made something, I just don't care to eat it. I'd much rather eat someone else's cooking/baking, even if it's a simple thing.

Comment

Avocado salad (neighbors blessed me this morning with beauties!), cheap steak on the grill, masa cakes.

Made banana ice cream with aging banana for desert.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  I work hard.

I love to eat.

And I share.

Clams, Calamari and OPAKAPAKA from Blue Water Shrimp at International Market Place Food Court.

Auntie Lynn

Auntie Lynn! Oh my goodness! What a bounty! Total yum!

Comment

hi,tonight we had portugese sausage with rice and a lettuce and grape tomato salad and it was good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner? im cooking the whole next week without using to much salt and it help's my bp and my weight to stay the same.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Thank you, Auntie. I meant being a bad HW because I'm not so good at the cooking thing. But I'm working on it. I still got lots of years to learn! Thanks for the encouragement.
                      Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                      Tonight's dinner is risotto and shrimp.

I hate my cooking. My hubby thinks I'm a great cook, and I think I'm pretty OK, too. But, once I've made something, I just don't care to eat it. I'd much rather eat someone else's cooking/baking, even if it's a simple thing.
                      You both make me smile.

The secret to cooking is cooking from da heart. All the recipes don't mean nuttin if your heart isn't in it. Smile, sing or do a little dance while cooking. Make it FuN! Laugh and giggle. Talk to yourself. Taste and make adjustments as go along. The magic of cooking will come. You'll know wat I'm talking about. You got dear husbands who already think you're great cooks!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Pupule

btw: Last night was my grand-daughter's bd. I made gandule rice. We had grilled steak, chicken, hot dogs, salad, poke, and tako kimchee.

Comment

Zicam Fastmelt with Thera-Flu to wash it down. Mmm-mm good!

Comment

Zicam Fastmelt with Thera-Flu to wash it down. Mmm-mm good!
                          Zicam is good stuff!

Tonight's dinner: scallops and shrimp gratin, salad, crusty french bread, white wine.

Oh, and I made a tofu pie

Comment

hi,tonight we're having viel cutlet with rice and maybe a lettuce salad and it'll all be good. not sure what's for tomorrow's Dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

KFC combo #3, with fruit punch, brownies, corn on the cob and cookies. For some strange reason no biscuit or dinner roll. It was take-out.

Comment

tonite was 2 slices of warmed over Papa John's pizza and a diet coke. Too lazy to cook anything.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X