How To Download Youtube Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Download Youtube Video?

I've googled, and found several ways to download Youtube videos to my PC. Before I give it a try, I'm curious if any of you have done this? Which way worked best for you? Thanks for you help!

Re: How To Download Youtube Video?

Try the Firefox add-on Video DownloadHelper.

Comment

I've had good results with KeepVid.com.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

experian works for me.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
          Ditto.

You're gonna need a FLV player to watch it, though you can get the MP4 (aka HQ 18) files from YouTube and play that using QuickTime or iTune.

If you prefer to convert format (e.g., from FLV to MPG), get or google "Format Factory."
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

In Safari (on a Mac anyway), it is possible too. Find the .flv in the Activity window, it will be the file that is taking a while to download, depending on the size of the file. Then copy/paste the URL into the Downloads window to get the .flv file, which you can then watch in Quicktime with the appropriate codec.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
              In Safari (on a Mac anyway), it is possible too. Find the .flv in the Activity window, it will be the file that is taking a while to download, depending on the size of the file. Then copy/paste the URL into the Downloads window to get the .flv file, which you can then watch in Quicktime with the appropriate codec.
              On my Mac, I use a Quicktime plugin called Perian that takes care of almost any codec I'd need. It's really nice to be able to use a single player for all my media, rather than to have to remember which player works with which file format.

Comment

TubeSock...
                For PCs and Macs. For the latter, 2.0 no longer works. Download the 3.0 beta.
                Free trial then $15.
                So simple even a tutu can do!

Comment

I like Orbit downloader

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll check them out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      I have used that in the past and it worked GREAT for me!
                      http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Wow. Lots of ways to do that. Is it legal? They just fined a woman 1.9 million dollars for downloading 24 songs, $80,000 per song (or something close to that). It's on the CNN page right now.

Comment

download a video from YouTube

any suggestions?

Comment

Re: download a video from YouTube

This thread should get you started.
                            http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=16942

Comment

I'm going to add something to this long-dormant thread and say that if you have a Mac, there's a great little (free) app called Evom (I guess it's move backwards?) that works wonderfully not only on YouTube videos but other websites with embedded video. It basically converts a large variety of video formats from one to another, including Flash video to Quicktime, which is what I usually use it for. If your phone shoots video in some weird format, or if you want to splice together several YouTube-type videos into one project using your video editing software, Evom will do it quickly and painlessly.

Using Evom, you just copy the URL of the website with the video and paste it into an Evom window. Then you choose the format you want to save it in and where you want to save it. It's remarkably easy.

This is not a paid endorsement, even though I suppose it sounds like it. I've used several of the apps from The Little App Factory and have found them all to be sleek and feature-filled, a rare combination.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X