Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Our household "setter" complaining because I put the seat down BUT our 16-yr-old "pointer" didn't put it up, urinated on it, and didn't bother to wipe it up.

(See: setters vs. pointers thread)

No can win.

Is this related to the previously mentioned bestiality law? Are you cheating on your setter with a pointer?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Ok, let's face it...the only one who has a legitimate beef in this thread is Tatt. For us even reasonably healthy souls, there's really not much we can complain about. ...except, possibly, a teen who pisses and misses the bowl then doesn't clean it up! I'm so glad I had girls!
      Oh, you think girls have good aims? Think again.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Oh, you think girls have good aims? Think again.
        Mine did. Well, that, or they had the decency to clean up after themselves!

Comment

What's pissing me off is Craigslist "sellers" who don't bother to return your e-mails or phone calls. Maybe they're just toooooo busy with all their other replies to send a courtesy response-- or to take their ad down for a few days. Guess I really didn't need to buy their stuff right now anyway.

While I'm on a rant, I'm pissed off by Craigslist "buyers" who never follow up on their "Still have?" inquiries... anyone want to buy a Samsung 19" LCD monitor?

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
          What's pissing me off is that I blew my knee out in June and lost insurance in July so it's still all tore up and hurts like a bear with a bad tooth.
          Ouch, I feel that. I've torn both my ACLs and used up some cartilage. The "good" news is that I've avoided surgery and I'm pain-free.

Are you able to get any treatment beyond ice packs & ibuprofen? Any help from the knee forum at http://www.knee1.com/ or the somewhat radical knee advice from Jolie Bookspan's site? (http://www.healthline.com/blogs/exer...esults-no.html) Any chance of cheaper physical therapy (to strengthen/stabilize the joint), which you'd probably end up being sent to anyway, rather than expensive surgery?
          Last edited by Nords; November 5, 2009, 03:17 AM.
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post

Ouch, I feel that. I've torn both my ACLs and used up some cartilage. The "good" news is that I've avoided surgery and I'm pain-free.

Are you able to get any treatment beyond ice packs & ibuprofen? Any help from the knee forum at http://www.knee1.com/ or the somewhat radical knee advice from Jolie Bookspan's site? (http://www.healthline.com/blogs/exer...esults-no.html) Any chance of cheaper physical therapy (to strengthen/stabilize the joint), which you'd probably end up being sent to anyway, rather than expensive surgery?
            The problem is, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so what happened is I hyperflexed the left knee backwards and to the left while stepping backwards off a step stool (putting up a curtain). I was trying to watch the right leg 'cause I don't feel much in it from a sciatic nerve injury and didn't pay enough attention to the uber flexiness of me.

The left hip popped out of joint, ball hit socket edge, pain went 'whee' automatic lift-up with a twist happened to pop it back in and I forgot I was off level on landing so the knee went 'sprong' when the down was downer than my body remembered.

It'll get better in time (longer than for you normies tho), but it'd be nice to know just how tore up it is in there.

Comment

Ow, how you manage to get past all that, Peshkwe!

Bathroom etiquette - seems there is a recent huge bump in those who behave less than human by not bothering to flush the toilet or leaving it a mess for others to contend with. Is it a generational bloom, kids of parents that have filthy bathroom practices taking it even further? Or just jerks taking advantage of not being called on the matter? Where's aunty's slap patrol?

Why does the worthless Advertiser make reading their paper even more frustrating by inserting those annoying add strips that fall out, few bother to read, don't want to be bothered with, and instead add to the litter problem?
              Can those that run this paper be any more stupid?
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                Why does the worthless Advertiser make reading their paper even more frustrating by inserting those annoying add strips that fall out, few bother to read, don't want to be bothered with, and instead add to the litter problem?
                agree, I mentioned that in the 'pet peeve' thread...

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                The Honolulu Advertiser has an advertising insert that drives me crazy. It's a 2" skinny strip that falls out. The first thing I do is dump it. I don't even look at it.

Comment

OK, I'll go check it out!

The public needs to get this paper's attention to STOP THE INSANITY!

Comment

Ow, how you manage to get past all that, Peshkwe!

Bathroom etiquette - seems there is a recent huge bump in those who behave less than human by not bothering to flush the toilet or leaving it a mess for others to contend with. Is it a generational bloom, kids of parents that have filthy bathroom practices taking it even further? Or just jerks taking advantage of not being called on the matter? Where's aunty's slap patrol?

I just deal with it. I've had to for as long as I can remember. Tho it does make for some nifty free drink bar tricks. Shifting your esophagus out past your earlobe beats tying a cherry stem in knots with your tongue any day of the week.

The bathroom thing...it's jerks, drunks and chronics.

The ad strip...they pay the newspaper to be able to insert the thing, the Advertiser doesn't care if it bugs you as long as they get their coinage for allowing it to be in there. You'd be better off telling whoever is in the ad that you'll boycott em unless they get a new ad agency or flyer style.

Comment

• Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

A small girl with a high pitiched squeaky voice next door who hasn't been how to taught how to talk yet and so she just screams everything.

If she carries on then we are talking about an Asbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                        I just deal with it. I've had to for as long as I can remember. Tho it does make for some nifty free drink bar tricks. Shifting your esophagus out past your earlobe beats tying a cherry stem in knots with your tongue any day of the week.

The bathroom thing...it's jerks, drunks and chronics.

The ad strip...they pay the newspaper to be able to insert the thing, the Advertiser doesn't care if it bugs you as long as they get their coinage for allowing it to be in there. You'd be better off telling whoever is in the ad that you'll boycott em unless they get a new ad agency or flyer style.
                        Hang in there!
                        Boycott - I do that anyway with all irritating advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                          What's pissing me off is Craigslist "sellers" who don't bother to return your e-mails or phone calls. Maybe they're just toooooo busy with all their other replies to send a courtesy response-- or to take their ad down for a few days. Guess I really didn't need to buy their stuff right now anyway.

While I'm on a rant, I'm pissed off by Craigslist "buyers" who never follow up on their "Still have?" inquiries... anyone want to buy a Samsung 19" LCD monitor?
                          Well there is a Rant listing on Craigslist.

Anyway it's safe to assume that if they didn't return your email, then it's probably gone to one of the multitude of people inquring especially if the price was really good, or free. But beware that in some cases Craigslistings sometimes are scams bent on getting your email address with no intention of selling you anything, like the one in Kona telling buyers that he has an extra 17" LCD monitor that is brand new but doesn't need it anymore and is giving it away. Can you imagine the number of emails he got? I wonder how much they get for each email they submit to a marketing company.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That Linkmeister "stole" my answer in this thread.

Comment

Hang in there!
                              Boycott - I do that anyway with all irritating advertisers.
                              Naaah....I hang too long and my shoulders dislocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                I can't stand people who won't own up to their ineptness. God damn, I'd think less of you if you'd admit that you can't do something instead of throwing people under the bus for not helping you, when no one knows what your problem is in the first place.
                                Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                wahhhhhhhhhhhh
                                We can be twins, and I don't mean the Minnesota Twins.

Comment

Working...
                                X