Local TV Ads You Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local TV Ads You Like

Raiatea's spot has been pulled from YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Raiatea's spot has been pulled from YouTube.
      I just clicked on my link again after seeing your comment, and the commercial is still there. Maybe you can't see it on a Mac?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I just clicked on my link again after seeing your comment, and the commercial is still there. Maybe you can't see it on a Mac?
        "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"
        White lettering on black screen...not the usual copyright infringement message above the video screen.
        Could Mac vs PC really make a difference on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"
          White lettering on black screen...not the usual copyright infringement message above the video screen. Could Mac vs PC really make a difference on YouTube?
          Very strange! I just now tried my link again... and it worked fine again. Guess we'll have to see what other HTers say after they try it, and hopefully they'll let us know if they're on Mac or PC.
          Tutu, what happens if you go to YouTube's main page and put Raiatea Helm into the seach box, then scroll down to the Hawaiian Host commercial. Does that way work for you?

Comment

[...]
            Tutu, what happens if you go to YouTube's main page and put Raiatea Helm into the seach box, then scroll down to the Hawaiian Host commercial. Does that way work for you?
            Nope...get same "We're sorry..." message. Weird.

I just saw the spot on TV so my only curiosity stems from the YouTube message.

Comment

Very strange! I just now tried my link again... and it worked fine again. Guess we'll have to see what other HTers say after they try it, and hopefully they'll let us know if they're on Mac or PC.
              I have both a PC and a Mac. I tried the Mac connection and got the same message that Tutusue got. I tried my PC and the video ran just fine. So I guess it's a Mac problem. Bummers!

Comment

Thanks for checking, Honoruru. Very strange, 'cuz I've never had this problem with YouTube before. Didn't even know it could discriminate between Macs and PCs!

Comment

Must be some kind of "Big Brother" thing. Or maybe Apple should sue YouTube for discrimination. Anyway, thanks for checking it out, Honoruru.
                  And Tutu, did you get that 'flappers' feeling from her look?

Comment

[...]
                    And Tutu, did you get that 'flappers' feeling from her look?
                    Well...not really...probably 'cuz, during small kid times, I saw so many flapper era photos! Those photos were recent history at that point in time!

Comment

I loooove this Hawaiian Host commercial with Raiatea Helm. She's got that 1920s 'flapper' look going... except with... um... cleavage.
                      That's the white elephant in the room when you were in high school and a classmate sprout those things over summer. But in high school, guys would come out and say what are those white elephants.

Comment

sorry to divert from Raitea...................

but, I really like the public storage commercial where the helmets do the Haka and show support of UH football. They are really just very cute!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          sorry to divert from Raitea...................

but, I really like the public storage commercial where the helmets do the Haka and show support of UH football. They are really just very cute!
                          That was done by Bluewater Multimedia, headed by Ben Leong. He won a Pele Award last year for a Taco Bell spot.

Comment

A local NAPA commercial has the Sports Animals' Gary Dickman as an outta shape basketball player on the bench.

Comment

Burger King's "Square Butt" ad. The original song was so disguesting, and I think the fact that marketing is now using the "butts" song to sell a burger is a classic example of how low our society has sunken. That is why I like it - it makes fools of us foolish consumers. American consumers are idiots, advertisers know it, and the "Square Butt" ad illustrates it so well.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

<whisper> Psssst, Amati...that's not a local commercial! Thank goodness! </whisper>

Comment

Working...
                                X