Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Trek

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Yeah, right now that canyon does not exist but who's to say that by the time the year 2209 rolls around that canyon gets created. Or maybe it's dried up river or lake (kind of deep I know). One hint I heard that it's an open mine but that too was pretty deep.
    The AFK also thought "dried up river," but I reminded her that the area around Midwestern rivers tends to be best described as "gently rolling."

But of course, who knows what humanity may do to the landscape by that era, or even nature itself, if there's a big enough quake along the New Madrid fault line?

... (kind of deep I know) ...
    Are you making puns without even trying? You get bonus points for that, you know. But no chiclets.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Are you making puns without even trying?
      Wasn't my intention. I figured a dried up river might be in the range of 10 to 60 feet deep, but that canyon looked like at least 200 feet deep if not more. It might have been a lake. I was going to suggest that it might have been from the Xindi attack that was shown on the Enterprise TV series but the destruction ran from Florida to Venezuela, so I doubt it that ran westward towards Iowa.

Comment

DVD for this movie comes out November 17.

Comment

Re: New Star Trek movie!

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          IIRC, he also took on the role of the crow after brandon lee died.
          Marc DeCascos took the TV role of The Crow (google The Crow: Stairway to Heaven syndicated television series).
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

DVD for this movie comes out November 17.
            There's a book and DVD price war going on at Walmart and Amazon (maybe Target, too).

You can get Star Trek for $10 at Amazon and $9.98 at Walmart, but it's the basic DVD and pre-order.

Best seller books (such as Stephen King's Under the Dome and Michael Critchon's posthumous Pirate Latitudes) are also priced at $10.

Comment

Picked up the 2 Disc Digital Copy Special Edition a few weeks ago but only managed to see the second disc last night which contain the deleted scenes from the movie.

Comment

Finally got to watch the movie, via DVD. I got the one that's the same as Helen's.

I enjoyed it, though I cringed at what the new Star Trek Universe is going to be now...

Without Amanda Grayson, Spock's mother. Without the original Vulcan homeworld. Without the rift between Spock and his father, Sarek.

Despite those, I am looking forward to what more of JJ Abrams & Co. going to do with the new Trek storyline.
                Last edited by Random; December 13, 2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  at what the new Star Trek Universe is going to be now
                  A totally different thing for sure. Not only Kirk's life that got changed by Nero going back in time but all sorts of things changed. One good example is Checkov, in the TV series he said he was 21 years old in one episode, while Kirk said he was 38 in another episode of the same season, that puts at least 17 year difference between the two characters. In this movie Checkov is 17 years old to Kirk's age of 25 making it 8 years difference between the two characters.

Comment

A totally different thing for sure. Not only Kirk's life that got changed by Nero going back in time but all sorts of things changed. One good example is Checkov, in the TV series he said he was 21 years old in one episode, while Kirk said he was 38 in another episode of the same season, that puts at least 17 year difference between the two characters. In this movie Checkov is 17 years old to Kirk's age of 25 making it 8 years difference between the two characters.
                    Yeah, I think it's more than just going back in time. It's jumping to another parallel reality.

IOW, JJ Abram's Trek is not the Prime Trek Universe.

Comment

• Re: Star Trek

Try watching a home made copy of the latest Star Trek. I think the guy forgot to finalize it or something because the chapters got so messed up starting from the middle to the beginning to the end and then back and forth from one chapter to another. Made for a major headache watching the entire movie that way and then having to piece it all back together after it ended trying to figure it out.

In the end I rented it from Blockbuster and enjoyed it.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle7105051.ece

Live well and prosper.

Comment

thanks for that link; he was awesome as spock and will be missed...
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/wi...231251015.html

But, for how long?

Comment

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ise-79007.html

Shatner will take you on a sea cruise. Oo wee baby.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...161529561.html

Highly illogical, Captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X