Songs to listen to when at the dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs to listen to when at the dentist

Had a dental appointment today and I almost got into a discussion with one of the staffers as to what music would be nice to hear while dental work is being done.

The dentist was listening to a jazz duet with Louis Armstrong and somebody I didn't recognize, I was about to guess Frank Sinatra but the staffer said it was Nat King Cole.

I couldn't start the discussion because it was at that time the dentist came next to me started to do some work on me.

Anyway normally when I go to the dentist and being the dental wimp that I am I usually have nitrous oxide, but I found out that I need sound to kind of focus on something since the staffers don't really talk much when they work on me (mainly because I don't respond back to what they are saying).

I do find out that certain music, mostly the easy listening stuff works best when I am under nitrous oxide, these include:
    • The Carpenters
    • Enya
    • Engelbert Humperdinck
    • Classical Gas (kind of iffy on this piece)
    • Nadia's Theme

What I found that doesn't work best is the theme song to Hawaii Five-0, as much as I like the song, this doesn't feel right when the ultrasound cleaner is being used in on your teeth.

Re: Songs to listen to when at the dentist

Here are a few suggestions:
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      I do find out that certain music, mostly the easy listening stuff works best when I am under nitrous oxide, these include:
      • The Carpenters
      • Enya
      • Engelbert Humperdinck
      • Classical Gas (kind of iffy on this piece)
      • Nadia's Theme
      Oh if the Carpenters came on, I'd start gagging!
      And, no way would I want "We've Only Just Begun" to start playing while the dentist was drilling!
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

My dentist's office offers the use of an iPod with a choice of playlists. I always take my own iPod and listen to my favorite jazz tunes. The next time I have a procedure I plan to listen to meditations for a change of pace.

Comment

The Imperial March from Star Wars
          I also like Theme From Jaws as someone mentioned previously.

King of Pain by The Police
          Tooth and Nail - by Foreigner
          Pain Lies on the Riverside - Live
          Don't Tread on Me - Metallica
          Pulling Teeth - Metallica
          Stella's Candy Store - The Sweet Marie

Last edited by mel; March 29, 2013, 06:50 AM. Reason: added more links
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Before I had my iPod my dentist office would either pipe in KUMU-FM from the radio which works okay when I am doing the teeth cleaning or they would offer a CD player when doing the other type of procedures. In which case I would bring in my CD, which more than likely would be Carpenters Classics Volume 2, disc 2 since that is more mellow music than disc 1, never mind the fact one song on disc 2 is titled Hurting Each Other.

I think one of the reasons what prompted me to buy iPod was that I was having trouble messing with the controls of someone else's player and I was about to buy my own portable CD player and then realized that an iPod was easier to lug around than a portable CD player and the CDs that I had.

Comment

Working...
            X