This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

I find it annoying when my car's computer voice announces "Your seatbelt is undone... and your hair is a mess."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

todays pet peeve:
      when hawaii is not shown on coverage maps, or when people/businesses will not ship outside of continental US.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I hate it when rice isn't properly cooked. I'm eating my lunch and wasted a lot of fried rice because of the rice is hard (its still chewable, but its like eating nuts)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Okay, now I have two for today...

My boss lent me his 2gb Cruzer Micro flash drive, and after I used it to transfer files, I pulled out and now it won't slide back close! The bugga stay stuck in the open position! My LG 1gb flash drive always retracts!

Comment

(pet peeve? Some people's human pollution.)

wot da hell's wrong wit --- kids these days?
            college kids. high school kids. semi-professional kids still living in a spoiled me-first-and-only delusion.
            i dunno. just kids in general.
            some punk emailed me this spam thru my youtube acct.:

kelb89 wrote:

> Hey, you think you can send me some vids on water pollution? Or where to get them? Because I have an assignment due tomorrow and it would really help me out.

I mean, what da hell they think, i sit around all day hoping to do the work for a spoiled brat for da helluvit?

I see this too often.

hey! Ya GOTTA do this!
            hey. ya GOTTA do that for me!
            ya gotta put that up on the internet so I can see it!
            Do 3 hours of work so I have 5 minutes of entertainment!
            or so I can save myself any work!
            I wanna see it!

---!
            some people's children.; good argument for retroactive birth control.
            Last edited by admin; January 18, 2007, 05:43 PM. Reason: Juvenile spelling of swear words is no less unwelcome than the real thing.

Comment

People eating kaki mochi in the office.

Smell travels, people!
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                People eating kaki mochi in the office.
                Smell travels, people!
                Without sharing? Hum-bug!

Comment

Catching up with newscasts on my TiVo, I caught a story on KITV on Tuesday night's 5 p.m. broadcast on a man who was arrested for allegedly molesting a young boy.

The newswriter was, of course, careful to note that he was "arrested on suspicion of" something that "allegedly" happened, but I guess the guy doing the infographics wasn't feeling so charitable: "PERVERT ARRESTED," said the graphic that hovered over Gary Sprinkle's left shoulder.

So I guess my pet peeve is that people who should've failed Journalism 101 are getting media jobs in this town, while several talented friends are pushing mortgages and filing dental claims.

Comment

Hit a pet peeve today: slow pokes in the parking structure. It's 9AM and the lower floors are full. But they slowly cruse looking for that one open stall. I just want to get past because I know where all the open stalls are - 4 floors up. But they keep making the turns that block the only path to them. <sigh>

Comment

Actors who give my office a phone # where they can assuredly by reached between 10a and 3p on a given day, don't answer the phone during that time, pay no attention to our message to return our call by 3p, call my office back at 11p, leave a message to call them immediately then complain to their agent when they couldn't get an audition appt. I love paper trails!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                        I mean, what da hell they think, i sit around all day hoping to do the work for a spoiled brat for da helluvit?

I see this too often.

hey! Ya GOTTA do this!
                        hey. ya GOTTA do that for me!
                        ya gotta put that up on the internet so I can see it!
                        Do 3 hours of work so I have 5 minutes of entertainment!
                        or so I can save myself any work!
                        I wanna see it!

Just send them some vids of lovely, pristine waters.

Comment

... lawn cutters who mow their lawns after 6pm on a saturday! I can handle people blasting their music next to me in traffic, people who has obnoxious ringtones, but I no can handle when people cut lawns in the evenings!

(I just remembered this)
                          ... salespeople who lie or bend the truth a bit to make a sale. I heard a radioshack salesperson say that the zune has AM/FM radio, and can surf the internet via wifi to a couple who bought their sons 3 iPods for xmas.
                          Last edited by adrian; January 20, 2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                            ... lawn cutters who mow their lawns after 6pm on a saturday! I can handle people blasting their music next to me in traffic, people who has obnoxious ringtones, but I no can handle when people cut lawns in the evenings!

(I just remembered this)
                            ... salespeople who lie or bend the truth a bit to make a sale. I heard a radioshack salesperson say that the zune has AM/FM radio, and can surf the internet via wifi to a couple who bought their sons 3 iPods for xmas.
                            It does have FM capability but no AM. I'm not sure about wifi however.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                              Where I work!!! it's not worth the stress for me to go to even much less at 21 hours (at $8.00/hr) just to get my health, medical, dental, visions, etc insurance ($3.00 each deduction from my check).

Personally, (which I told my hubby already), I would just rather go to school & persue my goal!!.

Then again, If I just continue to go to school (& not go to work), I might end up hearing from him that I am nothing but a "gouging wife" from my hubby!. (He didn't really say that, but that's what he meant!!.)

I just can't win at all!!.

I was happier just going to school & persuing my goal, & nothing more!!!

But.....

What ~ ever!!

I guess my health & well being is not that importnat, & just having a really cheap & good insurance is more important than me!!!

What~Ever!!

GAWD!!.
                              Just to revive this a bit, ....

I just had a revelation,

instead of being stressed at work working for 21 hours a week, I think I will be happier much more with working maybe one or two days a week, possibly just one for now. Atleast I can still have a side money, & I'm not really quiting. I can just say this situation will be indefinate until I know otherwise, due to needing more time for school studies etc.

The thing is, my co-workers don't know how to straight out communicate to me if they have any problems with me or with any other co workers, they would write it down on a book, everyone reads it, & signs it.

HOW LAME!!. What's that? some kind of a blog or something in a book??? WTF?!?!

I would rather have people discuss it with me in a kind & professional manner!!. It is considered a profesional job where I work.

I figure, anyone who has to deal with other people in a company is a profesional work, & need to act accordingly in a profesional manner.

Not communication on a book about somebody else that they are having a problem with.

I would confront that person If I was having a problem with he/she with.

well...

that's my own answer to my own problems, & will see how it works out for me.

I don't really care about the insurance if it cause me to get stressed out. My hubby can just tack me on to his insurance again,ike he did before.

As far as any financial situation, I am working that out with my hubby.

Hopefully I get a better job soon that people can actually talk to me about the problems that they are having with me instead of having to read it in a damn book.

For now, I will be just concentration on my studies & goal.

Aloha. =)
                              Aches & Pains
                              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Serenity - just out of curiousity, what kind of work do you do? Sounds like your supervisor/manager needs to get a better handle on their employees or you wouldn't be having all the problems and stress that you do. I feel bad for you - I've been in jobs like that & it's not easy to not go postal on your co-workers sometimes
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X