Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Mixed Plate
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Luna

Default Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Car pet peeves. People who don't use their friggin' turn signals, especially on left turns. Slow drivers who plant themselves into the left lane on the H-1 all the way back in Kalihi because they're getting off at Aiea. No concept of a passing lane here.
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiBoy View Post
I am blessed with "Mana"...something you will never have and never understand.
Okay, with just that one sentence you have alienated me -- and probably almost everyone else here -- to a point that everything you write in the future will be subject to intense scorn and derision.
You joined HT yesterday, yet you presume to know everything about 3,000+ members? You have no idea who you're talking to. Your posturing and posing is pathetic and will bring you detractors, not supporters. Someone else said that you sounded very young, and I hope you are. Being young is the only thing you can use as an excuse for being rude and arrogant.

Quote:
Actions are already in place. You know nothing of the struggles of these indigenous people.
Two more inane sentences that justify my tirade above.

Quote:
Why should I lead you?
Delusions of grandeur. (Although that diagnosis is an understatement.) Proclaiming yourself a leader does not make you one, silly troll.

Quote:
I believe in "taking a step back to go forward".
You should consider taking a step back from your mom's computer until you like, you know, GROW UP.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuatree View Post
Didn't the Flintstones have a car made of that?
That is exactly -- exactly! -- what I was gonna say!
My pet peeve of the day is that you beat me to it.
[/high five]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
Okay, with just that one sentence you have alienated me -- and probably almost everyone else here -- to a point that everything you write in the future will be subject to intense scorn and derision.
You joined HT yesterday, yet you presume to know everything about 3,000+ members? You have no idea who you're talking to. Your posturing and posing is pathetic and will bring you detractors, not supporters. Someone else said that you sounded very young, and I hope you are. Being young is the only thing you can use as an excuse for being rude and arrogant.
Do I know you? Was I talking to you? Did I ever make a comment to generalize the whole "ht community"? or you in particular?

He/she made a comment-
Quote:
You sound young, noble and energized. Not yet slapped down by the world. It's a nice place to be, but you are far from ready to do battle. Hang on to your idealism when you lose your innocence.
I replyed
It's called cultural pride. It can never go away. I am blessed with "Mana"...something you will never have and never understand.

Had he/she understood my passion and cultural pride...and "Mana" that Polynesian peoples have. He would not have made that comment. "Mana" does not escape with age..or adversity. Maybe I misinterpreted what he/she said as an insult. If so...then I apologize to Leo Lakio. Not you ..or anyone else.

I think this goes back to
No koko= No Kanaka Maoli

Be proud of who YOU are LikaNui.
It's no good to hate over the internet..especially people who you don't even know. Much aloha to you. May you find peace in yourself.

Last edited by PoiBoy; January 16th, 2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Do I know you? Was I talking to you? Did I ever make a comment to generalize the whole "ht community"? or you in particular?
You may not be talking to me directly or know me directly but your earlier posts tend to generalize groups....Asians, Filipinos, Whites.....about how they lack cultural identity. And since your posts are not private posts, you can be sure the HT community may see it as you addressing everyone.

And how far back a step do you want to take? Because if you go back far enough, the origins of Samoans can be traced back to Southeast Asia which would make you Asian.
Old January 16th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
It's called cultural pride. It can never go away. I am blessed with "Mana"...something you will never have and never understand...
Actions are already in place. You know nothing of the struggles of these indigenous people...Who are you? Are you of my people? Do you share my culture? Why should I lead you?
And with statements like this, I see that respectful discourse with you has reached a conclusion, based on your assumptions, erroneous or otherwise. I see no leadership skills, only someone easily pushed to anger and insult. Malama pono, a hui hou.
Old January 16th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
You should consider taking a step back from your mom's computer until you like, you know, GROW UP.
Telling people what to do again, I see.

Amazing how you get all riled up when others do it, but it's okay for you to get pissy and run your mouth.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Ali`i

I'm pretty sure PoiBoy is a troll.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuatree View Post
Didn't the Flintstones have a car made of that?
I think Gilliagans Island had a bike like that.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Ali`i

My pet peeve is having direct deposit, but somehow always getting paid a day after those in my office that don't have DD get paid. Grrr.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
My pet peeve is having direct deposit, but somehow always getting paid a day after those in my office that don't have DD get paid. Grrr.
Let me get this clear...say your office's payday is Friday. You have DD, and it shows up in your account on Friday - yes? But those who get live checks get them in hand on Thursday - is that the case?

IF SO - technically, they can take those checks to their banks and deposit them on Thursday. BUT, if the live check is actually dated as Friday (which should be the case, if that's your office's payday), then also technically, their banks do not make those funds "available" until Friday.

If you can check your account online, you might see your own "pending" funds at the end of the day on Thursday. And you need not worry about a physical check getting lost or stolen. In fact, my credit union offers benefits (like a lower interest rate on loans) if I (a) have direct deposit, and (b) have said loan's payments automatically withdrawn.

This may not be the scenario that applies to you, of course, but if it is, I hope to have somewhat diminished your peeve (a phrase not often uttered in English.)
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon

Apparently, a lot of people have "leaving the Zipper Lane open all day" on their pet peeve list. We got stuck in the traffic 'round 3 p.m. yesterday, but it wasn't the multi-hour ordeal some folks faced. Interesting how the loss of two lanes can raise blood pressures just about as well as a complete shutdown.
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
Let me get this clear...say your office's payday is Friday. You have DD, and it shows up in your account on Friday - yes? But those who get live checks get them in hand on Thursday - is that the case?
When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day. I'm uncertain why. All I know is that I moved to DD to have quicker access to my bread. Poor choice, it seems.
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Ali`i

people who assume i'm young/inexperienced/brash/impulsive just bcs i'm passionate or have a younger face than my DOB belies.

i would that even when i am at the stage where i have more wrinkles and saggy body parts than those who have recently made the assumption/assertion that i'm young/inexperienced/brash/impulsive, i'm still just as passionate, possibly incorrigible, but never craggy and...stale.
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Ali`i

another traffic thing: people who dont wave back when you let them in your lane. or those jerks who wait tilt he last minute to merge. or those guys on the keaamoku onramp that merge in at the last minute to avoid traffic.
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to scrivener Send a message via Yahoo to scrivener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
or those jerks who wait tilt he last minute to merge.
Did you know that in slow traffic, people who merge late are actually helping matters, and people who merge early are slowing things down? This according to a report I read a long time ago.
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Ali`i

My ongoing pet peeve is the bus drivers who stop 1/2 a block away from the bus stop because of other buses lined up & then go right past you when you are standing at the actual stop. They have rules about this but many drivers completely ignore the rules.
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day.
I'd had DD in a few different places. In every case, I think the money was in my account the day the checks were passed out. Now that my expense check is added to my paycheck, that's DD too.
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day. I'm uncertain why. All I know is that I moved to DD to have quicker access to my bread. Poor choice, it seems.
Maybe they don't process your check until the actual payday... so it doesn't show up until the next day.

Sucks though... can't you just switch back to a normal paycheck?
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via Yahoo to blueyecicle

My pet peeve today?? That I finally get my husband's boss to pass out his
W-2....BUT my husband forgets it!!!!!
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

YOU... got yer husband's boss to passed out?

my pet peeve is not having any pet peeves! I am pisst about that. So angry i think I'll go to an intersection, wait for a joik to block it and lean on my horn! I will be showing aloha that way by making all the el lay transplants homesick and they will applaud me.

naaha. but all seriousness aside, my pet peeve? hmmmm... not getting coffee into my system early enuff... and having to support starphuques. gotta search out one o dose coffee machines that make coffee on a timer. wheeee.
Old January 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via Yahoo to blueyecicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo55 View Post
YOU... got yer husband's boss to passed out?

Yes, I called him and asked for it early. Because my husband said he didn't have time and asked me to call him.
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Ali`i

people who think that they are humorous or witty or smartly amusing...when they're soooo NOT.

but then i guess ignorance is bliss in that case.
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Ali`i

I guess my pet peeve today would be those who take words on an internet forum way too seriously.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Ali`i

Angry Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Where I work!!! it's not worth the stress for me to go to even much less at 21 hours (at $8.00/hr) just to get my health, medical, dental, visions, etc insurance ($3.00 each deduction from my check).

Personally, (which I told my hubby already), I would just rather go to school & persue my goal!!.

Then again, If I just continue to go to school (& not go to work), I might end up hearing from him that I am nothing but a "gouging wife" from my hubby!. (He didn't really say that, but that's what he meant!!.)

I just can't win at all!!.

I was happier just going to school & persuing my goal, & nothing more!!!

But.....

What ~ ever!!

I guess my health & well being is not that importnat, & just having a really cheap & good insurance is more important than me!!!

What~Ever!!

GAWD!!.

Last edited by Serenity; January 18th, 2007 at 02:26 AM.
Closed Thread