Aloha from the Big Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from the Big Island

Found this site a few weeks ago but just finally posted something.

I live on the Big Island in Kona but just bought a house in Hilo (kaumana).

Anyone here from the Big Island?

Re: Aloha from the Big Island

Went to UH Hilo for 4 years, does that count?

Comment

Aloha Monsta,

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Well I used to be from Hilo but now California.

Why the move from sunny Kona to rainny Hilo, especially Kaumana. I must admit Kaumana is cooler then towards the bay but still....at east you out of the tidal wave zone. LoL.

Comment

Originally posted by monsta

While I have lived in Honolulu for years now, I still consider myself "from the Big Island". I'm originally from Honokaa which puts everyone there inbetween Hilo and Kona... nice location, kool weather, sometimes rainy. I also run a little website about Honokaa. Welcome to HawaiiThreads...

mel
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Aloha,
          Welcome to Hilo!!

Kainoa

Comment

Monsta, did you move yet?

Kainoa, Hows the weather? What part of Hilo you from?

Comment

Originally posted by monsta
              Found this site a few weeks ago but just finally posted something.

I live on the Big Island in Kona but just bought a house in Hilo (kaumana).

Aloha Monsta,
              I was born and raised on the Big Island. Lived all of my adult life in Hilo. Now I live in Milwaukie, Or. I miss Hilo ssoooo much. The weather, the aloha, the farmers market, the beaches, cafe 100, Merry Monarch, Capt. Craig on the radio, Hilo Hawaiian seafood buffet, the culture, the hula and of course family and good friends. Hope you enjoy living there, I know I did. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. Welcome!

Comment

My wife and I met in Hilo more than ten years ago. I was at UH Hilo for only a year and a half, but that was long enough for me to fall totally in love with her, and the place. My mother's side is originally from Kapa`au (near the northernmost point) on the Big Island, so I think my soul just immediately connected and felt at home.

If earning a living wage wasn't a concern, we'd move back to the Big Island in an instant!

Comment

The thing about the Big Island for me is that once you have lived there for a time, you will always consider yourself from "the Big Island" and have a yearning to return even for only a short time. Someday I hope to move back.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Hooo...I lived Kona side for a number of years. It was during the hey days of the Iron Man Triathlon when Valerie Silk was still running it from the Kona Surf Hotel.

My buddy and I originated the first Keauhou-Kona Half Triathlon for the "rest of us" that weren't Iron man caliber. We put it all together for a historic event out of the ole Keauhou Hotel on Alii Drive.

Morning paddling with the crew from Keauhou bay, breakfast at Ocean View, furo bath up mauka in a coffe shack listening to the rain on the tin roof, and watching Capt.Beans sunset cruise from the deck up Holualoa...yup dem was da daze... Kona Daze...if you know wot I mean
                    "I was going call 911 ...but I neva know da numbah"

Comment

Working...
                    X