Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > The Laboratory
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:22 AM
lensperson's Avatar
lensperson lensperson is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 924
Default Images from the surfaces of the Moon and Mars

There was an intriguing image on the web of an object that seemed to be
part of a machine.
The image came from the Lunik 13 device.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:48 AM
Menehune Man's Avatar
Menehune Man Menehune Man is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: middle of da ocean
Posts: 5,500
Post Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

I decided to do a little online investigation of this... very interesting.
Here's a link to the story and photos. http://mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress...-cities-exist/
__________________
Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:42 AM
lensperson's Avatar
lensperson lensperson is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 924
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

Some of the best images of the martian surface are at www.esa.int .
Some huge volcanoes erupted there and probably made lava tunnels.
Although the surface conditions are harsh on Mars, the handy place to go would be the old lava caves.
The internal heat of the Martian planet is quite likely enough to support early lifeforms.
The big question is if such lifeforms are found,
will they share a common dna based genetic code with Terran life ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
TATTRAT's Avatar
TATTRAT TATTRAT is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: missing the 808 in the 202
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

Can't tell if serious
__________________
flickr

An email from God:
To: People of Earth
From: God
Date: 9/04/2007
Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell


--
God
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
TATTRAT's Avatar
TATTRAT TATTRAT is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: missing the 808 in the 202
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

When was this stuff published?
__________________
flickr

An email from God:
To: People of Earth
From: God
Date: 9/04/2007
Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell


--
God
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:04 AM
lensperson's Avatar
lensperson lensperson is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 924
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

Sorry for delay,
Yes , quite serious about possible pockets of life on Mars.
Such life would probably look like a big clump of lichen.
The surface of Mars is an arid desert.
I can remember camping at the edge of the Grand Canyon some years ago.
When I awoke there was frost on my sleeping bag.
A brisk hike into the canyon brought one to the Indian Springs campground.
Down there the temperature was 71 degrees.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
TATTRAT's Avatar
TATTRAT TATTRAT is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: missing the 808 in the 202
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensperson View Post
Some of the best images of the martian surface are at www.esa.int .
Some huge volcanoes erupted there and probably made lava tunnels.
Although the surface conditions are harsh on Mars, the handy place to go would be the old lava caves.
The internal heat of the Martian planet is quite likely enough to support early lifeforms.
The big question is if such lifeforms are found,
will they share a common dna based genetic code with Terran life ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Can't tell if serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
When was this stuff published?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensperson View Post
Sorry for delay,
Yes , quite serious about possible pockets of life on Mars.
Such life would probably look like a big clump of lichen.
The surface of Mars is an arid desert.
I can remember camping at the edge of the Grand Canyon some years ago.
When I awoke there was frost on my sleeping bag.
A brisk hike into the canyon brought one to the Indian Springs campground.
Down there the temperature was 71 degrees.
I was more referring to the artifact.

As for the mars stuff, I agree, I would like to see the images, but the link you posted is just to the ESA homepage. Can you link the actual article?
__________________
flickr

An email from God:
To: People of Earth
From: God
Date: 9/04/2007
Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell


--
God
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:12 AM
lensperson's Avatar
lensperson lensperson is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 924
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

The speculation over the Lunik 13 device derives from an enlargement of an image from the device that seems to show part of an archimedian screw.
It looks like the inner portion of an old fashioned meat grinder.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
TATTRAT's Avatar
TATTRAT TATTRAT is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: missing the 808 in the 202
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT
Default Re: Ancient Lunar Artifacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensperson View Post
The speculation over the Lunik 13 device derives from an enlargement of an image from the device that seems to show part of an archimedian screw.
It looks like the inner portion of an old fashioned meat grinder.
OK, so, as I asked, any idea on when this was published?

Can you link to: "Some of the best images of the martian surface are at www.esa.int ." ? IT is just the homepage.
__________________
flickr

An email from God:
To: People of Earth
From: God
Date: 9/04/2007
Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell


--
God
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 9th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Walkoff Balk Walkoff Balk is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,875
Default Re: Images from the surfaces of the Moon and Mars

https://news.yahoo.com/weird-ufo-lig...192713499.html

I knew Mars Needs Guitars. That light was an encore signal from a lighter.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:44 AM
lensperson's Avatar
lensperson lensperson is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 924
Default Re: Images from the surfaces of the Moon and Mars

That light was member of a crew stranded on the planet about thirteen thousand years ago.

They saw Mauna Kea blowing and assumed it was a warning sign to a nearby mothership.

The signal was missed and it remained up to Kevin Costner and hosts of editors to figure it all out.

Meanwhile , visit Hilo and check out the ancient artifacts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

  Partner Sites: Hawaii Blog Hawaii News Hawaii Grinds Hawaii Social Media  
    Blogging the Aloha State. The Hawaii Star. Hawaii Food Blog. The story of Aloha 2.0.