Weather updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weather updates

The sky currently looks like a fluorescent light tube on the verge of failing! No rain yet. KSUE reporting live from Waikiki...

Comment

A bit of blue sky this afternoon, so I was hoping this system had left us. Nope. About 20 minutes after Kaonoki's post I got rain here, around 3 miles from him. He's in a valley and right up against the mountains, while I'm right on the bay. He gets more rain, and I get more wind.
      But it was a light rain and stopped pretty quick here. But over an hour ago I've got thunder and lightning every few seconds, like what Sue described, and it just started raining pretty heavily. One very brief power outage already, only for a couple of seconds, but.
      Third night in a row. I sure hope this isn't that 40-day system.

Check out our looping radar image at http://www.wunderground.com/radar/st...type=loop&MR=1 . It updates every10 minutes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Anyone else think our main daily should drop their worthless weather page?
        I pretty much like the page. The tidal calendar is good, broken down into various parts of the island. Sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset hours. Weather reports from the mainland and around the world. Daily local rainfall tallies and year-to-date numbers.

As for last night, it was wild. Right after my last post the lightning and extremely loud thunder came directly to us and with tons of heavy rain. Four or five little power outages that lasted longer each time, then a major power outage around 9pm. I'm not sure how far it went, but all of Kaneohe was out. Came back about three hours later.
        Kam Highway was closed from Kahalu`u to Laie; flooding everywhere.
        It looks like the low pressure system that caused this for the past three days is moving east. Right now it's mostly cloudy but a few blue spots; Kona wind about 5mph; no rain.

Comment

It must have been a wild light show on the Ww-side, that thing must have been going off just above sea level, seemed really low from looking T-side.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Over a foot of rain, according to our open buckets.
            Lightning lights fantastic, with some strikes either IN our valley or on the ridge, flash and thunder were concurrent. This morning is cloudy.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

It was so interesting to see all the reports of thunder but never hear any more than a few, very faint, low rumbles. From my perch, I could see the lightning bolts coming from beyond the east ridge of Manoa Valley...which equates to Waimanalo area, iirc. It was another amazing light show. A friend recorded an incredible clap of thunder and emailed it to me (gotta love technology!). It sounded like Earth was cracking in half. Hazy sun today with patches of blue sky in Waikiki.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                The sky currently looks like a fluorescent light tube on the verge of failing!
                Quite a show last night. You'd think all the sinners lived on the Windward side or something.

Town side not nothing. I don't think we even got any rain.

Comment

[quote=GeckoGeek;269600]Quite a show last night. You'd think all the sinners lived on the Windward side or something. [quote]
                  Not no more, they all got struck by lightning.

The upper Ahuimanu Kahalu`u Stream Bridge almost got washed out. Four (4) feet of water over the road at the max!!!! The roadway is eroded enough to make it dangerous.

My stream (Kahalu`u Stream on my property), is changed beyond comprehension.

Remember the stream view from your water company fliers? That was my section of stream looking downstream from the mauka border of my land. That largest boulder that dominated the view is no longer there!!! I wish I had photographed it earlier - no one will believe me now. I figured it was so big it would never move!

This rainfall and subsequent flooding is the worst in the 30 years I have been here.

K!
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

*bump*

I really can't recall a single day that had this much heavy rain. It started well before sunrise and has continued all day with only a few short breaks. The wind has been extremely light, so the clouds are just parked and pouring. A look at the radar moents ago showed heavy rain along the entire windward coast from Waimanalo to Turtle Bay. You folks on the leeward side look totally dry.
                    Must be a zillion waterfalls in the Ko`olau. Too bad it's too cloudy to see 'em.
                    'Nuff awready!

Comment

It was a bit overcast in Makaha earlier today but this afternoon was a picture postcard beach day...for everyone but me! <sniff!> Was strange to see flash flood advisories for Oahu on tv. Makaha got one downpour yesterday but nuthin' today.

Comment

I think Honolulu got a "Manoa Mist" or two. I was surprised to see the flood advisory.

Comment

Still raining nonstop here in Kaneohe, sometimes very heavy. Had a brief power outage about an hour ago too.

Comment

It's a rainy nite in Geor... Ka'a'awa.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Yesterday they warned us that we'd have big wind today and tomorrow, gusting up to 50mph, starting around noon today, they said.
                              About ten minutes ago it went from around 15mph to a steady 30 with higher gusts.
                              Their prediction yesterday was off by about 5 minutes.
                              Good job, NWS!

Comment

Drizzling in Waikiki. Barely any wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X