Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > The Laboratory
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Swine Flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
I've played a nurse on TV!!
LOL!! do you have it on youtube? if so, share! between winning the MJ tix & having acted on TV, you're an HT celebrity!

like kaonohi, we're one degree away from someone who caught H1N1. eric's coworker, who has a job where she constantly deals with the public, was the unlucky one. she was quarantined at home and given antibiotics. she told eric it was the most horrible flu she ever had, with unpleasant expulsions from both ends. she stayed in her room alone until she got well, with her family members knocking on her door and leaving a tray with food for her to eat (not that she could eat much). when eric asked her if she got bored and ended up playing a lot of video games, she merely laughed and said, no--she was flat on her back and passed out most of the time. in any case, she's now well and back to work, where (surprise!) more dispensers of alcohol gels have proliferated for both employees and clients to use.

my friend's mother shared a story of how the swine flu scare has made even government officials act irrationally. i can't say too much about what my friend's mother does or for which department of what part of the government she works. we'll call her dora. while at a 4th of july party, dora told us how a government official called her and demanded to know the names of those who were possibly infected with swine flu. now, this government official does not work in a capacity where she needed to know names. when dora refused, caller tried to bully her. finally, dora had to tell her that she would have to put the request with rationale for request in writing as well as an acknowledgment that doing so violated federal privacy laws, and submit such request to dora's boss (who very much outranks the caller). that was finally enough to cow the government official, who slammed the phone down.

dora suspected that the government official, for reasons dora told us but i cannot reveal, had personal reasons for trying to get those names, and was giving into hysteria about the disease. dora reported the incident to higher ups and the caller was reprimanded.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Kumu

For everyone's information, there are 211 recorded deaths in America this year from Swine Flu. Meanwhile, 36,000 people in American die every year from the ordinary flu strain.

I'm really losing sleep over this one...
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Ali`i

If you catch it you'll lose about 2 weeks worth.
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
If you catch it you'll lose about 2 weeks worth.
Supposedly the current symptoms of H1N1 aren't *that* bad. I rarely get the flu but 3 or 4 years ago I had a terrible flu that knocked me on my keister for 9 days and was responsible for killing off nerve endings in my nose. Hence, my lack of smell and taste. From what I've read about H1N1, it's milder than what I had. Sure wish that awful flu had been swine 'cuz I'd probably have enough antibodies to avoid it this go around and in the future. Just gotta keep my immune system in top notch, working order!
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Ali`i

Beware of this new variation:
http://www.nataliedee.com/071309/pandemic-twine-flu.jpg
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Ali`i

Haha, Leo! that's cute!
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Ali`i

+1

it totally had me in stiches!! *snortsnort*

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Kumu

Sorry, but what was so funny about that!?
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Ali`i

If we gotta esplain, you ain't gonna get it.

It's kinda like the other one.

It's just a funny play on words. I guess folks find humor is different places. Sometimes you just gotta laugh instead of moaning.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Kumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyleet99 View Post
If we gotta esplain, you ain't gonna get it.

It's kinda like the other one.

It's just a funny play on words. I guess folks find humor is different places. Sometimes you just gotta laugh instead of moaning.
Hey, moaning is designated for something else..!
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Hey, moaning is designated for something else..!

Just hadda, dint ya?
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Ali`i

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/..._med_swine_flu

Does this mean that now is the calm before the storm?
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Ali`i

Fouth Hawaii death reported on the Big Isle.
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/..._med_swine_flu

Does this mean that now is the calm before the storm?
I realized they have an obligation to report health crisis to a degree, but I'm getting irritated with all these health scares that the media keeps throwing at us.
"Don't open your mail; you'll get Anthrax!"
"SARS- don't travel! Don't stay in hotels! Wear masks!"
"Let's get the military involved with the Bird Flu so people won't panic" http://www.commondreams.org/views07/0227-32.htm

Now swine flu. The mass shutting down of schools last spring. And, yes, I know people are getting the diseases, and they are deadly to some- I feel that the media is blowing things WAY out of proportion and causing too much panic. It's like the little boy who cried wolf. One day, that killer disease is going to come along, but the public will be so sick of hearing about how "this is the disease that's going to kill us all" and so many of us won't pay attention.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Old July 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Ali`i

Each year the usual flu's kill over 200,000 people. The swine flu has to date killed well under 500, I think about 350. Scary!
That said, I stress that you don't want to get any of it. It sux!
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
Each year the usual flu's kill over 200,000 people. The swine flu has to date killed well under 500, I think about 350. Scary!
That said, I stress that you don't want to get any of it. It sux!

PANIC and shock kills more people !
Of course we take this very seriously
but let's not go OTT.

If you are of my era ? Then the chance of getting swine flu is much reduced. It is the youngsters who are at risk. My son who is a doctor in Kyoto tells me that the injections will be brought out at the end of this month.

Sooner the better.
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Ali`i

Ordinary flu is ordinary flu.

The Spanish flu was extraordinary. Swineflu could get to being extraordinary.
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
Ordinary flu is ordinary flu.

The Spanish flu was extraordinary. Swineflu could get to being extraordinary.

You do not have my permission to catch flu. You and your kids,,,, jump a plane and come here. It may be cramped but safe. Read what Liam said. Sure ! he is a doctor but I would not let him put a sticking plaster on my bum.
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
You do not have my permission to catch flu. You and your kids,,,, jump a plane and come here. It may be cramped but safe. Read what Liam said. Sure ! he is a doctor but I would not let him put a sticking plaster on my bum.
Are you kidding!? Britain is Europe's flu hotspot....dozens dead and the population at the point of panic. No way!

You come over here to hide out, Barry...France hasn't even agreed to join the WHO is declaring Pandemic Level Six, yet, although they might do once school begins after the summer.....so it seems we're safe for now.

And 'hide out' it will be, my friend...the doors will be locked and bolted for at least 18 months. But I dunno, there could be worse things that being stuck here with me for that long.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Ali`i

KGMB 10pm news reported tonite that the Health Department says that if anyone comes down with flu now, it is most likely H1N1 flu. It is apparently most of the cases now here in Hawaii. That's kind of scary
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Kumu

This about sums it up for me- http://www.daily.pk/7471/flu-is-not-...s-the-vaccine/
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Ali`i

Wow- that is out there. This has been planned since 1976? Our own government is plotting to kill us? My question- WHY? What's the point? Who will pay taxes after they knock off the majority of the population? I haven't decided about the vaccination yet, but I can say with certainty that I was given all my shots as a child and I turned out fine. But that is not the topic here.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Old July 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
I'm glad to know that the truth will come to us via the Pakistan Daily Press News Agency.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Kumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
Wow- that is out there. This has been planned since 1976? Our own government is plotting to kill us? My question- WHY? What's the point? Who will pay taxes after they knock off the majority of the population? I haven't decided about the vaccination yet, but I can say with certainty that I was given all my shots as a child and I turned out fine. But that is not the topic here.
I received most of my vaccinations prior to 1979 too. Unfortunately, my nephew has autism. There never was autism in my family history before. I know of quite a few families with autistic kids, and they're all from the generations after mine.

You're right. It sounds way out there. But if you commit yourself to research the matter extensively, and keep your mind open, you'll likely come to a similar conclusion, and things will suddenly become rather clear. Much of what is shared in the article has tons of documentation, which you have to go digging for.

If you do a search on billionaire Ted Turner on Youtube, he stated during an interview, and many speeches he's made in the past, that the world would be way better off if the population is lowered to 250 to 350 million people. The Georgia Guidestones, granite rock formation built by a member of the Illuminati on one of the tallest peaks in the State of Georgia, is engraved with the 10 or so commandments of the Illuminati, one of which is to sustain a population of 500 million. Go look it up. It's on Youtube as well.

Ted Turner is a New World Order guy, a member of the Council of Foreign Relations, the Illuminati and related organizations of world movers and shakers who basically run the world. These same people run the Federal Reserve and the World Health Organization. It is very easy to see that such people do as they please and don't give a hoot about us common people. Like the article says, they don't think like us, so we can't judge them as we consider ourselves.

I know some of you are laughing. But like I say, do your research. It's all accessible on the internet from credible sources. Why do you think there's talk in Washington to regulate internet chatter?

You have to ask yourself this question: Why all of a sudden are we facing multiple pandemics? And why have the vaccines for these viruses all been patented one year, or months before it breaks out? The answers are obvious.

Last edited by Bobinator; July 28th, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Ali`i

You may or may not be right, but I'm sure that the Spanish Flu and the Great Plague, among others, had no political agenda.