Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Honua > The American Asylum
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: President Barack Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
Not quite. From The Times of London:Apparently, the Queen started it by putting her hand around Michelle Obama's back affectionately.
On a slight tangent, I once did this with my grandfather (in public) when he visited me in Hawaii 10 years ago and he chided me "Don't do that. People will think we are homosexual!"

Apparently, this gesture has a lot of faux pas attached to it.

Last edited by Vanguard; April 3rd, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Ali`i

Default No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by escondido100 View Post
Boy the brits have their nickers in a bunch over this one!
...it's just the desperate dead end rightys that wish to childishly kick up dust about anything possible concerning the Obamas
instead of getting over the fact that they lost the election and supporting their president who is busting his hump to save this country from the multitiude of disasters he's had dumped in his lap from the previous bunch.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
...it's just the desperate dead end rightys that wish to childishly kick up dust about anything possible concerning the Obamas
instead of getting over the fact that they lost the election and supporting their president who is busting his hump to save this country from the multitiude of disasters he's had dumped in his lap from the previous bunch.
The election is history. All I care now is what he's going to do, just like I cared what Cayetano had to do to clean up Waihee's mess.

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: President Barack Obama!

Obama came to the G20 and got the other nations (including the initially skeptical French and Germans) to pledge $1.1 trillion in added funding for the IMF. He also acted as a peacemaker/negotiator between French President Nicolas Sarkozy and Chinese President Hu Jintao when they clashed over the tax havens issue, which could have caused one or both of those key nation's leaders to walk away from the summit. By any objective measure, Obama enhanced his and the US' stature through the G20 summit, repairing much of the damage that his predecessor had wrought in the last 8 years.

But despite all that, Obama's critics are harping on and on about supposed protocol violations that even Buckingham Palace said were not a big deal.

Incredible! The fate of the tottering global economy is being shaped in large part on decisions being made in the G20 summit...... and the critics have a fixation on Michelle touching the Queen. These folks sure have their priorities in order, don't they?