Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Mixed Plate
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:52 PM
sophielynette's Avatar
sophielynette sophielynette is offline
Kia`aina
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 361
Send a message via AIM to sophielynette
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Congratulations to all of you!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!



Busy Busy Busy.

Tonight is MWH's Christmas Wish Celebration!

Where it all began five years ago.
http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=278
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:07 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Merry Christmas!

I've sooo busy with moving, working 12 hr. shifts and trying to set up the delivery foa the Leeward Coast. It's ALL GOOD.

Something is wrong with my camera and I can't upload the pictures taken at MWH. The Celebration was awesome. Kids and adults were fed, given slippahs, books, stuffed animals and toys. The Smiles ~ Priceless.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Leo Lakio Leo Lakio is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,558
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
Merry Christmas!

I've sooo busy with moving, working 12 hr. shifts and trying to set up the delivery foa the Leeward Coast. It's ALL GOOD.

Something is wrong with my camera and I can't upload the pictures taken at MWH. The Celebration was awesome. Kids and adults were fed, given slippahs, books, stuffed animals and toys. The Smiles ~ Priceless.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
ALWAYS good to hear that, Lynn - thank you for creating this annual Christmas gift for all of us to enjoy, thanks also to Blaine for his efforts to make it work and to make it grow, and to your entire team for once again showing us how to make the improvements that we want to see in our shared world.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old December 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
JAvendan's Avatar
JAvendan JAvendan is offline
Luna
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 127
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

great news!

can't wait to see the pics.

aloha auntie.

joel
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Happy New Year 2010!!

Update: Pau move. (sigh) Tomorrow WE, deliver to the Leeward Coast!

Our SPONSORS: Scott Hawaii Footwear and Natural Hawaiian Clothing Company! And to everyone who donated.

"Those who gave what they could, those who couldn't only prayed. That helped, we understood. To give from your heart with nothing in return Is what it's all about."

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:50 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Mission accomplished.

We're exhausted.

Diamond will post the pictures at a later date.

I'll write larterz.

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:09 PM
tutusue's Avatar
tutusue tutusue is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wah-key'-key
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Congratulations, Auntie. There are so many tents along the beach in Nanakuli. I'm sure they appreciated your kindness.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Congratulations, Auntie. There are so many tents along the beach in Nanakuli. I'm sure they appreciated your kindness.
Tutusue, It was everyone who was involved far and near.

And now betta late den neva. LOL

The Report of the Christmas Celebration of MHW.

Ok....here we go.

On December 21, 2009

We went to Mayor Wright Housing.

The Hot Dogs, Chile, Cheese, Buns, Snacks, Jalepenos, were donated by Sharon Black and KauKau Wagon Foundation.

This year we coordinated the Christmas Celebration with the Mayor Wright Housing Tenant Association and Family Literacy Program. Over six-hundred received ukapila stuffed animals, videos, books, toys, and slippahs.

Our volunteers included Securitas Employees, Pauline Young, Jacque De Fretias, Tana Toetu and myself. Military Spouse, Vonnie. And my Hanai Son, Lomi. Tenants of MWH volunteered as well.

The line was L O N G. It stretched from the one end of the building into the Tenant Association Office out the back. Christmas Music filled the air. Everyone was happy from little ones to the elderly. Seeing my fellow neighbors of years past once again brought memories of time gone by. Here I was again...bringing Slippahs and goodies to them. This is where it started, Five years ago.







Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by 1stwahine; January 12th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!








Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:27 AM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

PK fixed my Camera.





__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!





__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!







Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Antonio donated the boy's toys in the blue plastic box.
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by 1stwahine; January 21st, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

The Leeward Coast Delivery.

We arrived at the break of dawn at our meeting place in Maile. PK, my brother-in-law Rick, my boss Pauline, co-worker Jacque, Military Couple Vonnie and James. Although Lomi wasn't with us, he played a big part in this year's delivery. And my dear readers, I don't know what became of the pictures. I don't make excuses. What I will do is tell you of the delivery.

From the end of the Leeward Coast we began. Rick our messenger going out into the camps and letting the people know we were there. One by one they came out. Some expected us on Saturday and scolded us for not coming. LOL They stood in line patiently by the truck and waited their turns as we distributed the Scotts Slippahs and also the Shirts for the men. One Local Man tore the wrapping from the package of the shirt and put the shirt on and said "Wat...I look handsome now?" And he stood proud with his chest out and walked away smiling.

At another site down the road, a man with one leg came up to me. "Auntie, Auntie, remember me?" How could I forget. I looked down at his right foot and saw the green worn slippah from last year. I smiled and got a Scotts and gave him a honi honi and told him I'd be back next year!

The tents were many. Children less which is great. The restrooms which were pilau and unfit for human use is all fixed. Really. It was the first thing I checked. And used. It was CLEANED.

Yes, it is dangerous to go out as we do. Anything can happen. Which is why, Love and ALOHA must ALWAYS BE SHOWN!! We are not there to judge or to say anything that can hurt anyone's feelings.

To see faces light up is what it's all about.

Our mission is not through. It's far from being over.

The Slippah Foundation
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
craigwatanabe's Avatar
craigwatanabe craigwatanabe is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
Posts: 8,415
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
The Leeward Coast Delivery.

We arrived at the break of dawn at our meeting place in Maile. PK, my brother-in-law Rick, my boss Pauline, co-worker Jacque, Military Couple Vonnie and James. Although Lomi wasn't with us, he played a big part in this year's delivery. And my dear readers, I don't know what became of the pictures. I don't make excuses. What I will do is tell you of the delivery.

From the end of the Leeward Coast we began. Rick our messenger going out into the camps and letting the people know we were there. One by one they came out. Some expected us on Saturday and scolded us for not coming. LOL They stood in line patiently by the truck and waited their turns as we distributed the Scotts Slippahs and also the Shirts for the men. One Local Man tore the wrapping from the package of the shirt and put the shirt on and said "Wat...I look handsome now?" And he stood proud with his chest out and walked away smiling.

At another site down the road, a man with one leg came up to me. "Auntie, Auntie, remember me?" How could I forget. I looked down at his right foot and saw the green worn slippah from last year. I smiled and got a Scotts and gave him a honi honi and told him I'd be back next year!

The tents were many. Children less which is great. The restrooms which were pilau and unfit for human use is all fixed. Really. It was the first thing I checked. And used. It was CLEANED.

Yes, it is dangerous to go out as we do. Anything can happen. Which is why, Love and ALOHA must ALWAYS BE SHOWN!! We are not there to judge or to say anything that can hurt anyone's feelings.

To see faces light up is what it's all about.

Our mission is not through. It's far from being over.

The Slippah Foundation
Eh Aunty what size dat buggah? My kids they always lose the left slipper. Kinda hard to keep the right one with nothing for the left. I never thought about those with missing feet and only need one side. I'm going to start saving up these orphaned slippers and send them to you next time okay?
__________________
Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:51 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
Eh Aunty what size dat buggah? My kids they always lose the left slipper. Kinda hard to keep the right one with nothing for the left. I never thought about those with missing feet and only need one side. I'm going to start saving up these orphaned slippers and send them to you next time okay?
The gentleman size was a 10.

So many things we take foa granted are treasures to others.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
craigwatanabe's Avatar
craigwatanabe craigwatanabe is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
Posts: 8,415
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
The gentleman size was a 10.

So many things we take foa granted are treasures to others.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
I think a size 11 or 12 would have been okay yeah? Cuz das my kid's sizes. I used to buy cheap slippers for them because they would lose or break the other side within one or two months. I think I'll buy the more expensive slippers now so I can donate them to your project when it's time.
__________________
Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
I think a size 11 or 12 would have been okay yeah? Cuz das my kid's sizes. I used to buy cheap slippers for them because they would lose or break the other side within one or two months. I think I'll buy the more expensive slippers now so I can donate them to your project when it's time.
heheheh...

I made mistake. His size was an eleven.

I really appreciate your kindness Craig.

And Early Birthday Greeting To You My Friend!

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:29 PM
craigwatanabe's Avatar
craigwatanabe craigwatanabe is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
Posts: 8,415
Default Re: The Slippah Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
heheheh...

I made mistake. His size was an eleven.

I really appreciate your kindness Craig.

And Early Birthday Greeting To You My Friend!

Auntie Lynn

I'm not going to celebrate until 12:01 tomorrow morning. I had a bad vision all my life that I wouldn't make it to 50. The vision changed a few weeks ago and I'm waiting to see if it's true.

But Size 11! Great!!
__________________
Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!



It's that time of year! Our 8th year! And it started here on HT!!

Let the magic of Christmas begin!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn and Blaine

http://www.slippah.org/
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Mike_Lowery's Avatar
Mike_Lowery Mike_Lowery is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lihue
Posts: 2,117
Send a message via AIM to Mike_Lowery
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

I can help on this moku this year! I got some employees back, so I'll have some humanpower this time around.
__________________
Twitter: LookMaICanWrite


flickr
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:36 AM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
I can help on this moku this year! I got some employees back, so I'll have some humanpower this time around.
Oh.........yeah!!

Mahalo Mike!!

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:55 AM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Big Ooops!!

We started in 2005.

So this is our 5th year.

I dunno how I put 8th year! LOL

Too funny.

Auntie Lynn
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:24 PM
1stwahine's Avatar
1stwahine 1stwahine is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

The MWH Annual Slippah Christmas Celebration will be held on
December 22, 2010 (Wed. at 6:00 p.m.)
Since we began, Kaukau Wagon has sponsored this event and will be sponsoring it again.

I apologize for the site being down. It is working and accepting donations. We are asking for can goods, toys, stuffed animals, and clothes too. 100% goes to the Keiki and their Ohana. This Foundation started here on HawaiiThreads.com. It is our Foundation. It is our Story of Miracles.

Let the Magic of Christmas begin!!!

Auntie Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kids4.jpg (23.3 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Leo Lakio Leo Lakio is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,558
Default Re: The Slippah Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
So good to see familiar HT names on the contribution list, and to know there will be many, many more. Let's do this again, friends!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2008

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

  Partner Sites: Hawaii Blog Hawaii News Hawaii Grinds Hawaii Social Media  
    Blogging the Aloha State. The Hawaii Star. Hawaii Food Blog. The story of Aloha 2.0.