Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Route 808
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Kumu

Default Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Just don't ride over the Pali with a feral pig in your lap...dead or otherwise. Or even a bag of pork rinds, for that matter!
And no packing HPD officers, either!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Ali`i

Or bacon, too.
If you do, and if I smell it (and I will), I'll be the one jogging alongside your moped asking for some.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Ali`i

Can I ask - and hope - you have a helmet?
Otherwise I'll have to worry about you!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Kumu

MM, I just hope you didn't take your Moped to a certain shop on Kapahulu Ave. I once had my ride serviced there during my UH days and I got it back sans cooling fan. Had to raise a royal stink to get my money back.

Good thing was I learned to wrench on my 'ped soon after the incident. Built up my '87 Elite from a 25 mph hood ornament to a 75 mph flyer, which was reliable enough to commute daily from Mililani to town and back again.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
sansei

hi this is sansei and in response to mixed plate broker,i do know what shop your talking about on kapuhulu and my friend run's this shop and i know him personally and he and his brother who once opened the shop both i know personally and they do a good job on fixing moped's and my sym moped only run's at 35 mph and i didnt know that now it's legal to ride your moped up the pali and back since they once had a law that was illegal to ride and i thought it was still a law?

Well thank's for your time
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
Ali`i

Thumbs up Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
MM, I just hope you didn't take your Moped to a certain shop on Kapahulu Ave.
No. I bought it at "Cycle Imports of Hawaii" on McCully St.
George is a really cool guy and I like how he runs the place.
That's where I take it also.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Ali`i

Eh, Menehuneman, how's that big bore kit doing? Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.

Sure would like to know what these kids are doing to their scoots. Mine just putts along at RRRRRRRRR. Those kids whiz by going WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I hear some can top 100 mph. Not mpg, MPH!

Now, I have no intentions of ever going that fast, but sure would be nice to know I had an extra 20 mph I could tap into if I needed it.

Eh, try a milk carton bungeed to your rear rack. I go grocery shopping with this setup. The only drawback is it's hard to go to more than one store. Yeah, it might not look "kewl" and I look like the old fart that I am, just puttering around town doing my errands or buying a plate lunch, but I've been recently getting a lot of "thoughtful" looks lately. More like, "Gee, that thing must be real good on gas and great for just getting around Wahiawa." Better than hauling that gas guzzling SUV a mile just to buy a loaf of bread.
Old May 4th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
1) Eh, Menehune Man, how's that big bore kit doing?
Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.

2) Eh, try a milk carton bungeed to your rear rack.
1) The kit gets installed on May 12th! I'll let you know.
Something cool is that the stock exhaust will work with it and when that eventually needs replacing,
I'll get a better one for even more of a 'Boost'.
I also don't want to speed around, just having alittle more at times would be useful.

2) I think I will! Thanks.
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
sansei

hi this is sansei and yesterday my moped when i tried to start it,it didnt start so i put on my Deceased Father's Kangaroo Battery Charger and that didnt help and then I Asked my Brother in Law and he said that it could be my Fuel line and then he mentioned maybe it's my spark plug and so i checked it out and put it back and now it wont start so today I called my Friend's place in Kapahulu and he said on Monday they'll pick it up and then they'll check it out and then call me to tell me what's happening so i couldnt go anywhere yesterday and today so im home so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Old May 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansei View Post
hi this is sansei and yesterday my moped when i tried to start it,it didnt start so i put on my Deceased Father's Kangaroo Battery Charger and that didnt help and then I Asked my Brother in Law and he said that it could be my Fuel line and then he mentioned maybe it's my spark plug and so i checked it out and put it back and now it wont start so today I called my Friend's place in Kapahulu and he said on Monday they'll pick it up and then they'll check it out and then call me to tell me what's happening so i couldnt go anywhere yesterday and today so im home so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Maybe Mahealani Richardson unplugged something? (Just teasing, sansei, just teasing - hope you get your ride fixed up soon.)
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Ali`i

Post Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

I forgot to report back in... well actually there's nothing to report.

I brought my moped in to the shop on the 12th.
For it's one year free check up/out and tune-up along with the Bore Kit being installed.
Come to find out... they didn't have the correct one in stock. Oh well.
James, the mechanic put in a cooler burning spark plug but my bike still doesn't like the Pali.

Will get the upgrade done as soon as I can.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:10 AM
sansei

hi this is sansei and this morning my friend who run's the kapuhulu moped shop didnt come since his truck broke down and if he get's his truck fixed by tonight,he'll come tomorrow morning so he may come,pick up my moped and find out what's wrong and then call me and share what's wrong and the cost and then we'll have to wait for a call from oceanic cable to replace our 8 way splitter on our tv and then we'll also have to wait for a call from Battery bill's since they have our old battery charger's so i thought to share my day with everyone and what's for tomorrow.

well thank's for your time lol leo lakio!:O)
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM
sansei

hi this is sansei and this morning my friend who run's the kapahulu moped shop came today and he picked up my moped and he had me sign the work order so when he has my moped at his shop,he'll have one of his best mechanic's work on it and then later give me a call to see what the cost will be and my mom will pay the bill and then i'll reimburse her to say thank's for her help and we've also got back my Deceased Father's battery charger's and both work. When my friend let's me know that my Moped is ready,i'll take the bus to his shop and pick up my Moped and then ride it home.

well thank's for your time
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT

many props on the new pimp ride, I sported a 150 and LOVED it!...and took it over Pali, with bacon from Wailana in my tummy, and I am alive to talk about it...sans the "thanks to the a**hole in the mustang thread"

have fun, be safe, and laugh all the way to the bank when you fill up for $4!

An email from God:
To: People of Earth
Date: 9/04/2007
Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
God
Old May 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
sansei

hi this is sansei and i just learned from a mechanic from my Friend's moped shop in kapahulu that they'd have to rebuild my whole engine to make it new and it'll cost a hefty price and then i'll have my Moped back tomorrow and it'll be just like when my Mom purchased it as a gift to me and i'll get to ride it once again and im looking forward to having my Ride back so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Old May 24th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansei View Post
they'd have to rebuild my whole engine to make it new and it'll cost a hefty price and then i'll have my Moped back tomorrow and it'll be just like when my Mom purchased it as a gift to me and i'll get to ride it once again
Ouch. Well, it'll be nice to have your ride back in working order, sansei - and you're lucky that your mom is able to help you out with it, too. Be sure to thank her; maybe get her a nice little gift to say "mahalo."
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:19 AM
sansei

hi this is sansei and today i got my ride back and they repaired mostly everything except for putting in a new electrical system so i have to kickstart my moped and then my brakelight always stay's on so that need's to be fixed and once those are fixed,my moped will run just like new and the mechanic rebuilt my engine into a new one so im taking it easy and not to Throttle it and to keep it at a low speed until my Moped the engine is broken in and then i can throttle it a bit after that and so my Mom paid for it so i will pay her once a month slowly to say thank's and thank's lei lakio for your kind word's.

Old May 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Ali`i

Eh, MM, check this out...or anyone who rides a bicycle.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/
The have some pretty kewl videos of how these setups work. I've seen a few bikes on Craigs that have these setups. One is currently selling for $400.
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:12 AM
sansei

hi this is sansei and in response to DA Rolling Eye,i did see some of them on our street's and they are cool only i enjoy my moped and i've seen on tonight's news the E-something it's like a moped only run's on electricity and it has a big battery under it's seat and it goes slower than a regular moped and dont remember the owner's name only he has a shop on queen street and i read this on the Khnl website so I thought to share this with everyone.

Also my Moped will be fixed on Friday so it's only my electric starter and my Backbrake light so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Old May 29th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Ali`i

Are the Pedicabs coming back with the higher gas prices?
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM
sansei

hi this is sansei and today i had my moped fixed up at my friend's shop in kapahulu and his mechanic did a fantastic job and it only costed my mom when she loaned me $110.00 and i only paid my friend $96.92 and it was very inexpensive and since my motor is rebuilt,i take it easy not to Throttle it and i come up hill's slowly so not to burn out the engine and it run's like a clock and so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Old June 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
sansei

hi this is sansei and since the time i had my moped fixed,it run's like a gem and i dont throttle it as much and only uphill's i do and i enjoy my moped and i dont take it for granted ever and my friend's shop in kapahulu did a fantastic job and the price was right and my friend said in 6 month's for my moped's annual checkup,i only have to have my airbox replaced and it wouldnt cost to much so i thought to share this with everyone.

Old June 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Eh, Menehune Man, how's that big bore kit doing? Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.
Sweet! Lovin' it.
It cost $200 parts and $100 labor, but well worth it.
Now going up and over the Pali is fine.
The moped runs at a steady 35 to 40 even on the steep grades.
Also it doesn't sound like it's straining like before.

Cycle Imports on McCully is where I bought it from and take it to.
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menehune Man View Post
Sweet! Lovin' it.
It cost $200 parts and $100 labor, but well worth it.
Now going up and over the Pali is fine.
The moped runs at a steady 35 to 40 even on the steep grades.
Also it doesn't sound like it's straining like before.

Cycle Imports on McCully is where I bought it from and take it to.
35 to 40 up steep grades? Woohoooo! That means, what, 45 - 50 on the flats? Not bad atall! What size is this kit? Think I'll invest in one.

I don't need that kind of speed on the flats, as where I ride there's a fairly wide bike lane. I need that extra boost when coming up the hill into Wahiawa right after the bridge. I can get up to 40 getting down hill on the Waialua side of the bridge so I can keep up with traffic, but it slows down to 20 to 25 on the other side and I need to make that left turn at Kilani/Kam Hwy.

Do you know if they changed out the variator rollers? If so, what weight? Then again, it may have been part of the package also. Just like they'd almost surely have to include a larger main jet for the carb.
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ali`i

Post Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

Quote:
1)35 to 40 up steep grades? 2)What size is this kit?
3)but it slows down to 20 to 25 on the other side

4)Do you know if they changed out the variator rollers? If so, what weight? Then again, it may have been part of the package also. Just like they'd almost surely have to include a larger main jet for the carb.
1) Yep!
2) Really don't know, didn't ask.
3) That's what was happening on the Pali to me.
4) Again, I don't know.