Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Kaukau Korner
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Burgers and sandwiches...

The Safeway Greek isn't anything like a gyros. It's peppered turkey with olive spread, pepperoncini, red onions and a vinegar and olive oil mix, best made on a ciabata, but served on the roll of your choice.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:29 AM
Luna

what the heck is ciabatta in a Greek world?

Eh, we no Italiano. We like da pita in Greece.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:30 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
what the heck is ciabatta in a Greek world?

Eh, we no Italiano. We like da pita in Greece.
We didn't name it. We only eat it. sheesh.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
Luna

I was gonna post "Calm down sistah" but no need. I no worry about da name oh what its called. . . . just dat a Greek samich is made wit a pita, no ciabatta. An dey no turkey run aroun Greece.

Okay I make up da last part about da turkey . . . .. . Aloha
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I was gonna post "Calm down sistah" but no need. I no worry about da name oh what its called. . . . just dat a Greek samich is made wit a pita, no ciabatta. An dey no turkey run aroun Greece.

Okay I make up da last part about da turkey . . . .. . Aloha
We know what pitas are, too. My guess is it was called Greek for the pepperoncini and the olive spread/olive oil. They could have called it Serotonin on a Shingle and I still would have bought it.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:39 AM
Luna

but sheet on a shingle is mo fun
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:46 AM
Luna

Side note . . . I'm so sad and mad that I left Hawaii b/c of my wife. I wish I were just getting out of the water at Ala Moana or Flies (Incinerators.) Alas, I'm stuck in the middle of the mainland dreaming of "Crystal Clear Blue Waters, All My Memories, Hangin on the Beach." Take me home to the place I belong.

Someone please visit my friends at Side Street a rock some Manilla clams and Lilikoi ribs. And then stop at TJ's (Where King meets Beretania) and tell Paul (cool haole guy born/raised Oahu before the leash) we miss his smart arse!

Aloha nui loa
Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:58 AM
Kia`aina

Here's a sandwich that I had several weeks back from Quiznos...Worth every penny. It's the Prime Rib on Garlic Bread.

Enjoy!
http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
Kia`aina

Now if you're really looking for an inexpensive burger. You can get this Big Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. I ask for this juicy quarter pound burger with grilled onions with fresh lettuce and tomato (but you have to ask for it, and they'll charge you an additional $.40) Oh yeah...served on a sesame toasted bun with American and Monterey Jack cheese. Enjoy!

http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Keiki

WOW! That was yummy huh! Just like the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich! Oh yeah I really love sandwiches and burgers, I feel hungry now! I have to buy 2 later
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
Here's a sandwich that I had several weeks back from Quiznos...Worth every penny. It's the Prime Rib on Garlic Bread.
[...]Enjoy!
Oooooh Lordy, ER...please promise me that you'll never become a food stylist in the film industy! You'd starve to death...literally! I trust that Quizno's sammie tasted great but after looking at the photo, I'll just take your word for it!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:22 AM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Oooooh Lordy, ER...please promise me that you'll never become a food stylist in the film industy! You'd starve to death...literally! I trust that Quizno's sammie tasted great but after looking at the photo, I'll just take your word for it!
Well the meat was kinda heavy and it dragged the bread down...that was unfortunate...however, I do take pretty good pics...just that the bread didn't cooperate with me.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
LOL---my initial reaction, too! I thought it looked kinda....infected. Like poorly perfused purulent flesh. Eeeesh.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
LOL---my initial reaction, too! I thought it looked kinda....infected. Like poorly perfused purulent flesh. Eeeesh.
I would have to agree. You can certainly tell when a pro does some food styling. These totally turned my tummy. Having never eaten either, I now know I never will. yuck.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Well the meat was kinda heavy and it dragged the bread down...that was unfortunate...however, I do take pretty good pics...just that the bread didn't cooperate with me.
Your photo was fine! That was probably a problem in this case, tho'! That sammie looked like the spongemonkeys got to it!!!

BTW, a food stylist arranges food and 'doctors' the appearance to make it look incredibly appetizing on camera! The rest is up to the photographer.

Just having fun with ya, ER!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
Kia`aina

When the sandwich came out of the toaster and piled with the meat...it was so appealing..something that you just have to go with blind trust. I couldn't wait to take a picture and dived into the sandwich. It's a "you had to be there" moment.

If you're into judging a book by it's cover, then let me stop you in your tracks as you're sorely wrong. Garlic flavor abound, meat was juicy and tender.

Filipinos make pork guisantes...when you first look at that, you would think that someone just threw up...and after tasting it, do you realize that you shrug the initial site off.

So, if you didn't like my up close and personal picture...then let me drive you to the one that is from Quiznos site;

This is the picture of the sandwich when it came out of the toaster...for real. You can find my review on this here...

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1173216689

Last edited by Exhaulted_Ruler; April 3rd, 2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:32 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
When the sandwich came out of the toaster and piled with the meat...it was so appealing..something that you just have to go with blind trust. I couldn't wait to take a picture and dived into the sandwich. It's a "you had to be there" moment.

If you're into judging a book by it's cover, then let me stop you in your tracks as you're sorely wrong. Garlic flavor abound, meat was juicy and tender.

Filipinos make pork guisantes...when you first look at that, you would think that someone just threw up...and after tasting it, do you realize that you shrug the initial site off.

So, if you didn't like my up close and personal picture...then let me drive you to the one that is from Quiznos site;

This is the picture of the sandwich when it came out of the toaster...for real. You can find my review on this here...

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1173216689

For real? Garlic cloves and parsley and all on a butcher block? The Quizno's over here wraps 'em up and when you unroll it, it doesn't look like THAT!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:50 AM
Kia`aina

Cool Re: Burgers and sandwiches...

uh...you know what I mean
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:50 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavagal View Post
For real? Garlic cloves and parsley and all on a butcher block? The Quizno's over here wraps 'em up and when you unroll it, it doesn't look like THAT!
Think...food stylist!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Keiki

That was pretty nice delicious pic huh! well toasted and looks good huh! I guess it's not hot, I guess you have to put some Frank's sauce in it, it's ice to eat a sandwich with a little spicy twist.
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Ali`i

Has anybody tried the 4-Alarm Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's? Wanted to know if it really had any spice to it or not...

Description of the sandwich from the Wendy's website:
"Satisfy your burning desire with this spicy chicken filet cradled in artisan bread, smothered in Pepper Jack cheese, covered in jalapenos and topped with spicy chipotle sauce. Feel the burn!"
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa View Post
That was pretty nice delicious pic huh! well toasted and looks good huh! I guess it's not hot, I guess you have to put some Frank's sauce in it, it's ice to eat a sandwich with a little spicy twist.
I don't know about "Frank's" sauce
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Keiki

huh You don't know about frank's sauce I guess you have to view it here:
http://www.spicybuffalo.com/hardees/ you will find the frank's sauce there....
Old April 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa View Post
huh You don't know about frank's sauce I guess you have to view it here:
http://www.spicybuffalo.com/hardees/ you will find the frank's sauce there....

OK...I see...hmm...not into spicy burgers... don't minds wings and stuff.
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Keiki

Okay I guess I mis interpret it, it's not a burger anyways it's a sandwich, a spicy buffalo chicken sandwich... and it's not that spicy or hot, it's just a twist of spicyness, just perfect for the buffalo. I guess you have to try it!

Anyways Hardee's is also offering a lunch date with the bonde girl on the ad...