Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Na Mea Ho`ohau`oli > The Big Picture
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Kanaka

Default Re: The Incredible Hulk

I used to own that issue.......long long ago.

I missed the secret ending to Ironman...WHAT HAPPENED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohabear View Post
If the ending was a clue...Iron Man is starting "Avengers Initiative" (see the last secret scene at the end of iron Man) with General Ross. In the classic comic Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, Antman and the Wasp were the original Avengers. This movie is coming out the summer of 2011.

I also got the feeling that Banner is learning to change into the Hulk at will....This would be awesome.
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltk View Post
I missed the secret ending to Ironman...WHAT HAPPENED?
Check out the thread titled Iron Man Movie in this sub forum.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 04:04 AM
Ali`i

One of the scenes I liked in this movie was the time Banner was in Brazil working in the bottling company. A group of men are harassing a woman at the company and Banner tries to intervene, he tries to warn them off but his Portuguese is not too good and he ends up saying:

Quote:
Don't make me hungry, you wouldn't like when I'm hungry.
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to scrivener Send a message via Yahoo to scrivener

The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, William Hurt, Tim Roth, Tim Blake Nelson. Written by Zak Penn; directed by Louis Leterrier.

I didnít think Iíd care much for Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, now that Iíve gotten used to Mark Ruffalo, but it only took a few minutes for me to see the appeal of this casting. He reminds me so much of Bill Bixby in the television version that I felt comfortable and nostalgic with Norton in the role. I love the brainy quiet Norton brings, and he communicates the always-looking-over-his-shoulder vibe well.

Thereís a little bit of playing around with Hulkís origins, if I remember things correctly, but theyíre minor enough that I donít really care. I donít remember Hulk having any love interests, so I went in with a blank canvas for Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, whose smart, loyal, kind of girlish silliness I took very quickly to. There is a scene, when Ross and Banner connect after a long time apart that pretty much sold me on the rest of the film just because it felt so great. I found myself wistful and nostalgic for reunions I never had, happy that these two characters were going to go through the next terrible hour together.

Itís this relationship that makes the tension in The Incredible Hulk bearable. Bannerís situation is so unspeakably terrible that itís hard to imagine him finding any peace at all, ever again. Yet Rossís unflinching loyalty makes it seem possible, even knowing the love story is likely doomed to failure.

While Iím neither a fan of extended superhero fight sequences nor urban chase scenes, both are interesting enough in this movie to keep me engaged, especially a rooftop-and-alley run through the slums of a Brazilian city thatís beautiful to look at. Thereís a lot of running in Hulk movies.

The villain is a creature named Abomination, the alter-ego of a character played by Tim Roth. I didnít find either incarnation especially intriguing, even though I generally love Roth. His enabler, a general played by William Hurt, is so two-dimensional heís practically a line segment on the screen. If not for Bannerís own personal conflicts, this movie would have been dreadful. Thankfully, Norton and Tyler make it pretty dang good.

7/10 (IMDb rating)
74/100 (Criticker rating)
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to scrivener Send a message via Yahoo to scrivener

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
To followup on pzarquon's point:

How did Bruce and Betty managed to get from Virginia to New York on $40, without using credit cards
They sold or hocked that pendant and necklace.