Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Na Mea Ho`ohau`oli > The Tube
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Ali`i

Default "TURN" on AMC

Currently watching a marathon of the TV series TURN on AMC. It is set in the New York area during the American Revolution war. The main character is attempting to spy on the British movements in the area so that he can forward that information to the Continental Army.

Haven't seen all of the episodes in the marathon.
Old May 26th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Thumbs down Re: "TURN" on AMC

As a fan of "The Americans" on FX, it was obvious that "Turn" was a copycat show from AMC. Still, we gave it a shot.

We couldn't take more than the first episode. The 90 minute pilot struck us as both dull and ridiculous. Derivative in concept, plodding in pace, and lacking in compelling characters or performances.
Old May 27th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: "TURN" on AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
The 90 minute pilot struck us as both dull and ridiculous. Derivative in concept, plodding in pace, and lacking in compelling characters or performances.
I watched the pilot episode when it first aired, and I felt the same way about it as you did. There was nothing about it that tweaked my interest. Turn simply did not turn me on (bad pun, I know).

By the way, did anyone else lose connection to AMC last night? I think it might have been because of yesterday's storm. I missed the finale of Mad Men.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: "TURN" on AMC

I noticed that during the start of the 5th episode the image froze on the TV set. After awhile I gave up and did other things.