Left v. Right on HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Left v. Right on HT

Aaron, you weren't flamed. No one questioned your passion for Hawaii. So I honestly don't understand your anger. You're a valued member of HT and I, for one, would miss your contributions. Please reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      Whatever. I don't need this public criticism of my opinions at this point. My life is already stressful enough.
      Aaron, if it wouldn't be too stressful, can you point out where you have been criticized? We are all under stress to one degree or another almost all the time. Some members of HT have chosen to share their stress with the HT family, and I think received some good advice, as well as support. I can think of several but one in particular in the last couple of days. Do you care to share anything about your stress with us? Maybe we can help. If you feel I have personally been unfair to you, send me a PM and let's talk it out. I'm sure we can come to some sort of "peacefire".
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Whatever. I don't need this public criticism of my opinions at this point.
        NO ONE criticized your opinions; we've only discussed where on the left/right spectrum they appear to fall most often.

But you know what? Aaron has played this victim-game on several occasions before, usually with the "you've earned a place on my ignore list" whine.

If posting on the internet is too stressful for someone, by all means, they should take a break and step away from the computer screen. But no one over the age of eleven should play the "you guys are too mean - I'm takin' my ball and goin' home" game and still expect to be respected.

Comment

I took that quiz, came out a -5.88 on economics, a -4.46 on social libertarian, in the Ghandi quadrant.

Comment

Ryan, thanks for the links. I retook the tess.

Not that I need to tell you (see below numbers), but after four years, I've moved further left on the Economic scale & stayed about the same on the Social:

Your political compass (2006):
            Economic Left/Right: -4.13
            Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Your political compass (2010):
            Economic Left/Right: -5.62
            Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

Those questions had me going.
            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I didn't appreciate that I was lumped with all those other individuals with right wing views. It felt like I was on a police lineup for everyone to see.

How would you feel if I posted everyone with a liberal point of view on Hawaii Threads?

Nonetheless, I'm going to take a break from posting on HT and focus my time on Facebook, my blog, etc where I won't be embarrassed in this way.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

I pretty much agree with Matapule on the fire issue.

Easy Mata. The shock will subside after time.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I didn't appreciate that I was lumped with all those other individuals with right wing views. It felt like I was on a police lineup for everyone to see.
                  That seems a bit extreme, Aaron. You did mention in a previous post that you're going thru a stressful time right now. Might you be a little overly sensitive due to that stress?
                  How would you feel if I posted everyone with a liberal point of view on Hawaii Threads?
                  I can't speak for anyone but myself and I know I'm more left of center; how far left I don't know. But, in all honesty, Aaron, if you posted my name as a liberal or left wing the way yours was posted as a conservative, it wouldn't bother me at all...because there was no attack, no negativity implied, no nuthin' that could or should embarrass anyone.
                  Nonetheless, I'm going to take a break from posting on HT and focus my time on Facebook, my blog, etc where I won't be embarrassed in this way.
                  With all due respect, Aaron, I have absolutely no idea why you should feel embarrassed. But, the fact is you do so you're probably wise to step back and concentrate your efforts in other areas. But, please keep in mind that the internet is the internet and there will always be the chance that someone will write something in another forum that'll embarrass you just as much if not more. I'm sorry you're running away from something you perceive as a problem instead of engaging in mature dialogue about it with the intention of working it out. It's your choice, tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Just as the more left-leaning posters run the gamut from strongly liberal/progressive to just slightly left-of-center, there are many HT’ers who tend to fall more often to the right side of the spectrum to one degree or another. Amongst the ones who come to mind right away (and I know I am missing several others) are Mel, TimKona, Bobinator, Nobunaga, Walkoff Balk, Konaguy, Scrivener, CraigWatanabe, Sansei, NachoDaddy, Escondido100 and BJD392. There’s no dearth of conservative opinion expressed here.
                    I thought I would be able to do a month long listening tour and not post and just read other people's posts for a month. I can't remember which politician had a listening tour. Anyway, I would be proud to be included in a group with the listed posters. This ragtag team with great pitching and timely hitting can result in THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT...
                    Why I was included with right wing views is a head scratcher? I'm sarcastic against both sides.
                    Now, back to my man cave.
                    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; November 9, 2010, 08:35 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      I pretty much agree with Matapule on the fire issue.

Easy Mata. The shock will subside after time.
                      Uaifi just had to call the paramedics! She told me that she couldn't figure out why, one minute I was happily harrassing people on my computer and the next, catatonic on the floor! The paramedics applied a defibrulator to me after determining that my account was up to date with the private EMT contractor.

I am still somewhat disoriented and in a state of shock, but I just have the urge to say, "Tim, I love you brah!"

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        I can't remember which politician had a listening tour.
                        It was Calvin Coolidge who was famous for being incommunicado. While President, he was a guest of William Randolph Hearst at San Simeon. At dinner, he was seated next to Marion Davies who was a bit inebriated (as usual). She leaned over to Coolidge and said, "I made a bet with Mr. Hearst that I could get you to say at least three words." To which Coolidge replied, "You lose."

Comment

If you want to do it, do it! or do you want me to do it for you?

Fine, do whatever you need to do, you don't need permission from any one of us. Just do it and skip all the falderal.

Comment

I find it amusing that at least two people I listed as being more to the right than to the left in the tone and content of their postings seem to be uncomfortable or confused with their being included. But one of them also said they would be proud to be included on such a list.

Are conservatives ashamed of being conservative in their views? For the most part, I doubt it. Some time ago, I made a post here that commented on how I felt conservative values have been a valuable element in our country - and I'm pretty far to the left (which everyone knows).

As for Aaron's "threat" to list lefties on HT - please be sure to put my name FIRST on that list. I am liberal. I am progressive. I am strong in my values and beliefs, and I do not insist that others hold the same - only that they respect my right to do so, and do not impose theirs upon me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              As for Aaron's "threat" to list lefties on HT - please be sure to put my name FIRST on that list..
                              I want to be put on the communist, fascist, muslim list (which I have been accused of a number of times), at least I'll have some good company there!

****I just noted I have reached 1776 posts. Do I feel patriotic or what!

****** (reply to Leo's comment below since I don't want to ruin my 1776 posts by adding a separate reply!)

What kind of salute? Das Vedanya Hora Sho........Sieg Heil.......or Allah Akbar. My accusors are confused about my affiliations! Actually, Malo'e Lelei Matapule would do just fine.
                              Last edited by matapule; November 10, 2010, 08:40 AM. Reason: to show my patriotism

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                ****I just noted I have reached 1776 posts. Do I feel patriotic or what!
                                Salute coming your way, my comrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X