This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch today?

Three "girthy" sushi rolls from Sushi Man downtown: tuna roll, ahi roll, and portuguese roll. Washed down with an overpriced 20 oz. Vanilla Coke.

Comment

Had teri pork chops with fried rice for an early lunch. For a later afternoon snack had a pizza manapua.

Comment

Went back to my "frugal" lunch of two Kaiser rolls from Safeway bakery and Campbell's beef consomme. I like it, the birds like it, even the cats like it.

Comment

Garlic fried chicken with fried rice and washed down with water.

Comment

"Summer rolls from Ba-Le"

Ah, is it Ba-Le and not Baale? Didn't know whether the Eiffel Tower stands for another A. Whatever, they are apparently taking over the sandwich counter at Manoa Garden. "Opening soon" (which I take to mean the beginning of the new scholastic year next month when we are apparently going to be engulfed by some 18,000 students).

It's a bit strange since they have a long-established place down the hill in Puck's Alley and we already have a Subway at UH-Manoa. But I've never tested one of their sandwiches, will no doubt do so in the near future.

(Can't be worse than the crap Sodexho-Marriott puts in their vending machines, although the pigeons did fight over the "Hamburger Steak" I threw away today.)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              Ah, is it Ba-Le and not Baale? Didn't know whether the Eiffel Tower stands for another A.
              I heard that it's a Vietnamese rendition of the French pronunciation of "Paris".

Comment

A simple turkey sub on plain white bread from Subway. (Man, they're getting expensive for a purveyor of floppy cold sandwiches.) On a caffeine crash, I wasn't feeling my best, and I just wanted something mild.

Comment

Pork adobo, fried rice and mac salad with a bottle of water from Creatings in Catering.

Comment

Campbell's "Kitchen Classics" Bean-and-Bacon Soup, on sale at Long's. Long's was sold out of Nabisco saltine crackers, which they also had on sale (or would have had they not been sold out), so I bought some other, "locally-baked", crackers. Even the birds weren't much impressed with them. (I didn't insult my feathered friends by offering the soup left-overs).

Comment

Mixed plate of grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese with chicken and fried rice with a bottle of water.

Comment

BBQ chicken and hamburger steak special mix plate lunch from L&L Drive In on Young Street.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                          BBQ chicken and hamburger steak special mix plate lunch from L&L Drive In on Young Street.
                          I usually go for the loco moco or short ribs mini plates. Being in California, it's hard to get my coworkers into L&L...everyone seems to be hung up on this low carb, atkins diet business.

I often wonder though, it seems to be the people who really push this atkins stuff are really trying to convince themselves..but hey, whatever floats your boat...

Comment

What I want to know, although I didn't test it today for lunch, is what these new Jack french fries are? Can't remember for sure, but doesn't the post say something like "natural cut" (or sliced?).

How does one "naturally" cut a potato? And were Jack's fries "unnaturally cut" before?

Comment

Natural cut basically means "we leave the skins on." I imagine they're a bit thicker, too. I agree, calling them "natural" raises questions about the converse arrangement... but that's still preferable to what others have called them -- uncircumcised.

Today for lunch I had a oyako donburi from the udon place in the Ala Moana food court. I know no one will believe me, since I'm a born and raised local Japanese guy, but I think it's the first time I had that dish... at least, knowing that it was what I was eating. (I've probably created it by accident more than a few times.) Yum!

Comment

Sunday lunch, I hope to be...Panda Express! Their fried rice is not greasy, not even slightly, and I found something that is fried tofu that is excellent, and again, not a bit greasy! how they fried tofu and it came out so dry, and I mean in a good way, is news to me, but mercy, Central Oahu needs one of these, so I don't have to drive to Pearlridge for some.
                                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
                                X