"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Jack did say that the plane landed in the water and then they swam to shore. How far away was the island from where the plane was found is another question.

Comment

Watched Eggtown a second time this morning. Early on in the episode Jin was looking at a map and asking about Albuquerque. And I thought about Bugs Bunny and his famous line about taking not taking that left turn at Albuquerque.
      Last edited by helen; February 23, 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Albuquerque is also where Kate robbed that bank, and where Sawyer set up a bank account for his old girlfriend. "LOST" has a subset of North American cities that a lot of things and characters tend to converge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
          what's the street/area where Kate's house was?!?!? Looks waialae-iki'ish (is that a word? )
          The hill in the background does look like the hill that is to the east of UH Manoa (would that be St. Louis Heights?).

Comment

Whhooooaaa! Tonights ep is awesome! You're gonna love it! My fave character is Faradday!

Lovena
            Last edited by EastCoastTropics; February 28, 2008, 03:33 PM.
            Lovena

Comment

This ep rocked!!

The time travel via consciousness reminded me of the movie "Somewhere In Time" with Christoper Reeves and Jane Seymour.

Lovena
              Lovena

Comment

I thought this article was an interesting read:

Time, Consciousness and Quantum Events in Fundamental Spacetime Geometry:
                http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Time.htm

Lovena
                Lovena

Comment

Mind blowing is the vote from the West Coast.

Soon, Hawaii, soon.......it is just a question of time.
                  You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

1) Daniel was at Oxford, wasn't Charlorette there too (of course maybe not at the same time)?
                    2) A reference to the ship Black Rock. I didn't catch the year (but I guess I will the next time I see it this weekend).
                    3) Granted Desmond was exposed to the EM field when the Swan station disappeared, but what about the other guys on the ship. I suppose Daniel's machine got him exposed.
                    4) Still no clue who the ship belongs too, but it is getting closer. An episode last season said 80 miles, today's said 40 miles.
                    5) So I guess Desmond and Daniel are okay since they got their constants.
                    6) An episode with out a flash back or a flash forward, more like jumping around in time.

Comment

I feel like I just got kicked in the head.

This episode was so... OMGGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. If this is the "sickness", maybe this is why Hurley is in the mental hospital again and why Jack desperately needs to get back to the island?

The ending tore me up. I hope the phone call really does cure Desmond and he lives to see Penny again. FIND HIM PENNY OMG FIND HIM!!!!111!

Comment

Ooops I got so excited, I hit submit like a dozen times rofl

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                          The time travel via consciousness reminded me of the movie "Somewhere In Time" with Christoper Reeves and Jane Seymour.
                          However in Lost, one needs to be exposed to some sort of EM field to do the time travel thing. There must be some sort of field around the island, maybe this field doesn't go below the water which is the Dharma people use the sub.

Comment

I can't even count the ways I loved this episode. My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail, but really... there's way too much to process in just one viewing. The best part? For all the time anomaly talk, for all the Black Rock and Widmore and Hanso clues, for all the mysteries... it was the love story between Desmond and Penny that blew my mind.

Comment

I just realized that we don't learn how or why Naomi had the Penny/Desmond photo.

Or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
                                what's the street/area where Kate's house was?
                                The enhanced version of the episode says it was in Kahala.

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                                If this is the "sickness", maybe this is why Hurley is in the mental hospital again and why Jack desperately needs to get back to the island?
                                I doubt it that Hurley and Jack are suffering from the "sickness". They might be suffering from something else but not the "sickness".

Which brings the point that this "sickness" might be the one that was talked about in the first season. The one the rest of the Danielle's shipmates have suffered from. Up to now it was assumed it was caused by some thing biological and could be contagious. It seems to be more caused by environmental factors.

I hope the phone call really does cure Desmond and he lives to see Penny again.
                                From the episode it looks like Desmond is cured. But who is to say it doesn't happen again if Desmond is exposed to whatever is surrounding the island.

I just realized that we don't learn how or why Naomi had the Penny/Desmond photo.

Or did I miss something?
                                Penny was trying to say something to Desmond during the phone call but he (as well as we) heard static. It seems that she does know something about the island.

From this episode that there is a strong possibilty that the frieghter might be from Mr. Widmore. Not that Mr. Widmore or Penny are after Ben.

Comment

Working...
                                X