What Kine to Click? (New or Latest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kine to Click? (New or Latest)

For long time as a newbie I always click on "Latest" (in bright yellow) - I figger that was da kine, y'know?

Den I went learn (by my own self) that clicking in "New" gave you more!!!

Like, everything I never seed from last time was there! DaKine /latest' only give me the last 24 hours. Hey sometimes I get busy, fo real?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: What Kine to Click?

New=New to you

Latest=most recent posts

Either way, its all new to ya, so no worries. Click all you want, we'll post more!
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Latest will give you the threads that had replies to them in the last 24 hours. New will give you the threads that had replies to them since the last time you have logged in.

If you use HawaiiThreads on a day to day basis it doesn't seem that much of a difference between the two options, however if you use HawaiiThreads once a week or longer or you come back from a trip you would get more threads with New. As a hint what you should do is to generate a seperate browser window with the New listings and from there generate a new window or tab when you a view a thread. As much as possible you don't want to refresh the New listing because after 30 minutes or so it might update your visited status to today (check on the upper right side where it says Welcome, xxxx. This would most likey to happen if you where to reply to threads instead of simply reading them.

Comment

Thanks for the technical explanation, Helen. This might be something to include in "An introduction to Hawai`i Threads!"

Or maybe it was there and I missed it?
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I don't use those... 'cause I stay here alot and check'm out lidat.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Latest will give you the threads that had replies to them in the last 24 hours. New will give you the threads that had replies to them since the last time you have logged in.
            Something I kind of been noticing with the New option lately. If there are any unread threads it will be listed under this option. It will break into two parts. The top part will be those threads that have new stuff since you last logged in while the bottom part will start off with this line of text:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

As far as those users who read hawaiithreads without logging in there will be an option called Latest Posts, which will gave a list of threads that have been updated in the last 24 hours based on this site's time zone which is not HST (HST is GMT-10, the site itself is on GMT-5).

Comment

Working...
            X