An unsafe childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An unsafe childhood

My mom sometimes buys toys from Chinatown for my kids - toys that I used to play with when I was a kid. These electronic toys make a heck lot of noise, have sharp parts, and exposed wires.

I told my wife that's how the Chinese government controls their overpopulation - they don't regulate the manufacturing of the toys so they weed out the dumb kids.

I made it though. Whoopee!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
      ericncyn, you, your hubby mixplatebroker, meet palolojoe. who all three, with yer annoying inconsequential buzzing, are banished and now reside on da ignore island. have fun, kids.

dood, you're the one who went personal with the insulting. don't dish it if you're far from competent to take it.

true to form, you make another tard-o ASSumption--that i'm married.

but thanks for confirming who went "crying to daddy," old geez.

*throws "kimo" (still denying what you see in the mirror?) a limp string of cheese to go with the w(h)ine*

ALOHA!!!!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

You know - if someone has put you on "ignore", there is really no point in making comments directed to that person.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          You know - if someone has put you on "ignore", there is really no point in making comments directed to that person.
          you know - if something's really that obvious, there's really no point in saying it.

but since you did, i'll continue in the so-obvious-it-doesn't-need-to-be-said vein:

kimo will look.

since he said he put me on ignore, he won't be able to say anything back without looking like that which he obviously is.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
            ericncyn, you, your hubby mixplatebroker
            Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
            true to form, you make another tard-o ASSumption--that i'm married.
            I believe he was not speaking in a literal sense here, but rather linking the two of you based on MPB's support of your perspective in a different thread.

I am not an administrator here, but might I suggest that if there is a poster such as Kimo55 whose style annoys you to the point of insult, please consider putting them on your own "ignore list," rather than continuing flame wars in multiple threads. It's a lesson that I took too long to learn, but it's amazing how much of a personal blood-pressure drop it can provide. I've also learned how other people appreciate it that I stopped setting foot in that bullring.

Oh, and if Kimo55 responds now, it may be because we have quoted from your post, and if we're not on his ignore list, he'll see (at least part of) your comment. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I am not an administrator here, but might I suggest that if there is a poster such as Kimo55 whose style annoys you to the point of insult, please consider putting them on your own "ignore list," rather than continuing flame wars in multiple threads.
              This is also something best said via PM, instead of getting on your high horse and trying to play message board police.

Comment

Leo, ya opened da damn screen door again!

Comment

I believe he was not speaking in a literal sense here, but rather linking the two of you based on MPB's support of your perspective in a different thread.
                  your belief or not, EVIDENCE points otherwise.

... please consider putting them on your own "ignore list," rather than continuing flame wars in multiple threads.
                  war? twas no war. war assumes that both parties came armed. kimo shot blanks.

I am not an administrator here....
                  but you can keep craigwatanabe company on my list of wannabe parents.

have a lovely evening, leo. really.

my sincerest apologies to everyone else. just as i would have loved not being personally attacked, i would have loved the opportunity, as palolojoe pointed out, to have responded via email, but leo chose her/his? (don't like to assume) applebox.
                  Last edited by cynsaligia; January 18, 2007, 05:12 PM. Reason: added apologies.

Comment

Contents deleted, in order to cool down the heat. Please see apology, just a few steps ahead.
                    Last edited by Leo Lakio; January 18, 2007, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                      you can keep craigwatanabe company on my list of wannabe parents.
                      As the proud and loving parent of SIX boys, Cyn, I would hardly call Craig a wannabe parent!

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                        This is also something best said via PM, instead of getting on your high horse and trying to play message board police.
                        I agree.

ericncyn-disagreements will happen. You're a very headstrong individual .....a quality that is can be very beneficial in real life but on the internet it can work against you. I'm NOT preaching to you..just giving you my perspective.

btw- Hi leo
                        Last edited by PoiBoy; January 18, 2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                          btw- Hi leo
                          Hi, PoiBoy.
                          Cyn: I apologize, because you and I have no reason to be sniping at each other.

Comment

Just an administrative note: Kimo55 has left the building. If you'd like to keep up with him, he is a regular poster at Walaau. I ask that that this post will be the last word on our dear old curmudgeon, whose spirit and singular voice will live on in our archives (and in periodic inside jokes... weeks from now, please). I'm genuinely sorry to have to ban him; petty gloating or piling on will be deleted without comment, and are surefire ways to follow him. If you have comments regarding this action, PM me. Mahalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              As the proud and loving parent of SIX boys, Cyn, I would hardly call Craig a wannabe parent!

Miulang
                              Gee and to think I actually made it on someone's list. Mahalo to Eric and Cyn.

Oh and thanks Miulang BTW the coffee grinder is still hard at work.

So getting back to unsafe childhood, I really did mean my finger (as in my right index finger) got stuck between the gears of that motorized gear reduction unit.

But then I guess it could have been worse
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hi, PoiBoy.
                                Cyn: I apologize, because you and I have no reason to be sniping at each other.
                                apology accepted, and sincerely appreciated.

Originally posted by Miulang View Post

Miulang
                                if mr. watanabe has six keeds, that means he's forever in parenting mode, even if he is addressing a thirty-something only brat like me.

speaking of dangerous childhoods, i didn't have one. how could i, when my overly-cautious fili mom would call after me, "don't run/skip/jump rope/rollerskate/climb the monkey bars/do anything active chirren do...you're gonna fall and scrape your legs and then when you're older, no man will want you!"

of course, i do have leg scrapes. just none earned in childhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X