Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast Food Memories

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    You can still buy the old Andy's burgers at Byron's Drive-In. It's owned and operated by Andrew Wong's widow. She uses the same recipe and sauces that made Andy's burgers a local favorite.
    Right on. I remember the Andy's/Byron's commercial from the 80's where it was announced they were one and the same, and I was trying to think I know there was an Andy's, what was the one by the airport? They had good milkshakes too, from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      Scotty's was next to Rainbow Rollerland on Ke`eaumoku - 19 cent burgers? or maybe a quarter. I think they also had a location in Pearl City? Really the first of the fast food burger places.
      The Pearl City Scotties is where Zippys is now. When we used to go to LCC in the early 70's we'd stop there for fries to eat with our sandwiches from home. Sometimes we'd go to Mr. Burger which was further up the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
        Scotty's was next to Rainbow Rollerland on Ke`eaumoku - 19 cent burgers? or maybe a quarter. I think they also had a location in Pearl City? Really the first of the fast food burger places.
        When my Mom remarried we moved from Maui to Pearl City in 1967. The first place my step father took us to from the airport was Scotty's in Pearl City. A few years later BlueBirds open across the street from them. Another favorite of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
          Remember when the Big Mac really looked Big, The Whopper was a whopper, and Jumbo Jack well!!!
          Remember when the Bog Mac tasted like a Big Mac in the late 60's and 1970's. Now the Big Mac taste like nothing like it does back then.

Comment

Working...
          X