Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Originally posted by tutusue
    Ok...now I'm getting confused! I thought we were talking about Sat. 9/2.
    Me too...aren't we all talking about this Saturday 9/2?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      TuNnL??? you like be my date???? fend me from anapuni and who else might give me whacks?
      I’ll be there, but you know how work goes. The sky could fall. I’ll just come straight from work. And hopefully, we are talking about Saturday, 9/2.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
        I’ll be there, but you know how work goes. The sky could fall. I’ll just come straight from work. And hopefully, we are talking about Saturday, 9/2.
        Great! I'm looking forward in meeting you.
        Btw: I'm not camera shy & I give Honi Honi's

Like Scriv told Palolo Joe, "But don't let that scare you away, either."

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: HT Get-Together at Duke's

Don't forget, Kapena starts playing at 4pm and ends at 6 sharp. No sooner or later. Haumea Warrington plays at 10pm.

For anyone who hasn't been to Duke's before, the place is LOUD and CROWDED, so don't expect quiet, intimate conversations. The open patio fronting the beach (where the stage is) has the most space, but it's also HOT (sun). Hopefully the gang can grab several large tables on the upper open bar area, just under the hotel's roof overhang (shade). The restaurant side is strictly for dinner guests.

Also, Duke's can be pricey, so bring at least $100 to have a good time.

If you have the energy for it, stop by the Okinawan Festival at Kapiolani Park before heading to Duke's. It'll be going on from 9am to 5pm, with a Bon Dance on Saturday night. Plenty of food and entertainment, including the infamous Andadogs!
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
            Don't forget, Kapena starts playing at 4pm and ends at 6 sharp. No sooner or later. Haumea Warrington plays at 10pm.
            Wow! Back when Kapena was unknown, I used to guest sing for them many a times. Hmmmm...I wonder. Just like old times? Maybe one song?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Wow! Back when Kapena was unknown, I used to guest sing for them many a times. Hmmmm...I wonder. Just like old times? Maybe one song?
              If you talk with Kelly Boy dem, they live right next door to the Alpha Female's parents in Kane`ohe.

And when all is said and done, I hope there will be a thread of (or at least a link to) pictures, for us off-island folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                If you talk with Kelly Boy dem, they live right next door to the Alpha Female's parents in Kane`ohe.

And when all is said and done, I hope there will be a thread of (or at least a link to) pictures, for us off-island folks.
                I'll mention it to Kelly Boy and of course there will be pictures. Maybe even a Youtube Clip via Manoa.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Don't forget, Kapena starts playing at 4pm and ends at 6 sharp. No sooner or later. [...]
                  This is why the original 3:00 time was suggested...to get there a little early to, hopefully, secure a couple of tables and enjoy the music. My guess is 5:00 will be SRO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Maybe even a Youtube Clip via Manoa.
                    Make sure he catches the moment you give him some fo' real 'kine whack whacks. Then dub in some Rocky anthem music with the video clip.
                    Last edited by Pomai; August 31, 2006, 08:07 AM. Reason: make sure
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

They get outside seating too!

And a quiet intimate conversation with 1stwahine around...
                      that would never happen

Comment

Make sure he catches the moment you give him some fo' real 'kine whack whacks. Then dub in some Rocky anthem music with the video clip.
                        Hmmmm... maybe I should bring a real camera so we can get some broadcast-quality footage, err, I mean .. some high-quality video. Yeah, you know. Precious moments, good times.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

ok - it sounds like some can make it at 3pm and some not til 5pm. The ones who can get there early, grab tables - save some seats for the rest of us. I suddenly got called to a meeting on saturday from 2-3 pm @ Dem. Hdg. It's important for me to be there for this one, otherwise I would skip since I'd rather be drinking with all of you!

I'll get there as fast as I can - maybe more like 4pm.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who I've only met online!

Fran
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

just for clarification....for the ppl that get early to save seats, which section? bar? beachside?

Comment

Just for everybodies information....

Dukes does allow children...I think (we weren't going there for the drinks...it was the Hamburgers! But that doesn't mean there won't be any drinking going on)

I think outside might be a bit hot around 3... however as it gets later it might start to cool off. No matter to me... I won't be there till after the game.

Comment

here's what i've gathered: it's on. saturday, 9/2, 5pm at duke's...aunty may get in on a number with kapena (that alone would get me there)...i trust i won't be the only one with an adult beverage in their hand...i've got a rock and roll show to put on that night in aunty's neck of the woods, but i'll stick around for as long as possible, assuming that the fates don't conspire to keep from the shindig altogether...
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X