Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Good idea TuNnl -

I will go if it gets moved to after the football game sometime...
    or even to sunday... (I'm not as Diehard to the Seahawks as I am UH...so I can skip the NFL games on Sunday)

Tutsue, thanks for adding your clarification to this whole thing.

Anapuni and Hanai mom... Would still be willing to give a ride...(After the game)
    ...and I actually normally eat my lunches around 10 in the morning as I leave for work around 6 so a Hamburger at the time wouldn't be anything unusual for me.

And finally, how can I be making excuses... If I NEVER said if I was going in the first place? Even up until some point yesterday I was still at a 75% chance of going... Then it hit me... wait the games on!

Comment

1) I can get there by bus - no problem.

2) later time is fine with me

3) just somebody - please make a decision, any decision and I'll be there!

4) I just love to harass Manoa - he bites everytime

EDIT: A later time (like 5pm as someone suggested) would be better for me now since I've just been informed of a meeting I need to attend between 2-3pm on saturday. and by the time its over, then the "meeting after the meeting" is over, I probably couldn't make it down there til around 5pm now anyway. And if we have it later, say at 5pm.........................Manoa would have no excuse not to attend.
      Last edited by anapuni808; August 30, 2006, 05:09 PM.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
        The bottom line is more people can make it later. I vote for 5pm. By then homeless feeding, lawn mowing, Queen Lili‘uokalani birthday celebrations, dog walking, UH vs. Alabama game (this is the biggest game of the season for you non-football people), surf sessions and weekend jobs should be pau.
        I am a football fan and am a supporter of UH football team. However, to me - the biggest game of the season is the one that puts UH into a bowl game. Not some "ego" game that doesn't count and is only for bragging rights.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
          Not some "ego" game that doesn't count and is only for bragging rights.
          Actually, this "ego" game has bigger implications than you think... if UH can beat a program like Alabama, it will make them look better in the eyes of other coaches and teams around the country.

If UH can beat Alabama, future recruits will look at it as a positive thing when considering playing in Hawaii.

For someone who calls themselves a UH supporter and/or fan, it's easy to see why this is the biggest game of the year, especially if the team goes on to have a crappy season and ends up not even in the running for a bowl game.

Oh, and I'm not going to the get-together. I'd probably have a hard time resisting the urge to slap somebody for acting stupid, and Auntie Lynn would probably have a hard time resisting the urge to slap me...
          Last edited by Palolo Joe; August 30, 2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Oh, and I'm not going to the get-together. I'd probably have a hard time resisting the urge to slap somebody for acting stupid, and Auntie Lynn would probably have a hard time resisting the urge to slap me...
            Palolo Joe, it's amazing the way people in person are not nearly as stupid as they might seem online. I've been meeting online acquaintances in person since the eighties, and this has never ceased to surprise me. I'd almost be willing to bet that not only would you not have difficulty resisting the urge to slap anyone, but that Lynn would have difficulty resisting the urge to give you a big hug.

But don't let that scare you away, either.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              Palolo Joe, it's amazing the way people in person are not nearly as stupid as they might seem online. I've been meeting online acquaintances in person since the eighties, and this has never ceased to surprise me. I'd almost be willing to bet that not only would you not have difficulty resisting the urge to slap anyone, but that Lynn would have difficulty resisting the urge to give you a big hug.

But don't let that scare you away, either.
              Or in contrast...

Some may look at me and then say "he is as stupid is he is online"

Comment

Once the official time is decided for when to meet at Duke's on Sunday, please let me know! I'd like to go...

Comment

sweet floating moses...what time is this shindig at? can i come too? i may try to cruise by...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

As I was never the person that set the original time nor Idea... I can not change what was said a while back by others....

I'm all for a later meeting so I can watch UH beat Bama.

Auntielynn???? You re-opened this thread... it's looking like it's on your call about what time it's gonna be.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                      sweet floating moses...what time is this shindig at? can i come too? i may try to cruise by...
                      jdub... this is welcome to everyone.... and I'm sure they would enjoy your presence as I would too if it gets set to after the UH game.

Comment

If I do go... Please someone slip me one of these...
                        http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ht=stupid+pill

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                          Once the official time is decided for when to meet at Duke's on Sunday, please let me know! I'd like to go...
                          Ok...now I'm getting confused! I thought we were talking about Sat. 9/2.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            I am totally confused. Ok. It's for Saturday.

Time: Seems it's better for everyone @ 5:00 p.m.

Who's going?
                            Auntie Lynn
                            Fran
                            Mel
                            Chris
                            Baby Cran
                            Absolute Chaos (if no work)

btw: Palolo Joe, I would give you a Bear Hug!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              I am totally confused. Ok. It's for Saturday.

Time: Seems it's better for everyone @ 5:00 p.m.

Who's going?
                              Auntie Lynn
                              Fran
                              Mel
                              Chris
                              Baby Cran
                              Absolute Chaos (if no work)

btw: Palolo Joe, I would give you a Bear Hug!
                              So is it now official 1stwahine? 5:00 Dukes...and everyone is buying manoa drinks cause he won't be in the best of moods if UH does lose? (j/k)

If it is...5:00 Manoa will be there... I'm assuming the game won't be a 5 time over time thriller.... however, if it is... manoa may be late.

TuNnL??? you like be my date???? fend me from anapuni and who else might give me whacks?

I'm down if it's 5:00 (it will only take me 15 minutes to walk down there after the game...I figure the game will go from about 1 til 4:30.

Manoa

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

Oops. Sorry. I was thinking about another event, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X