Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Aunty lynn mentioned that the annual picnic will be coming up, so might as well plan it.

Hopefully, if the schedule is right, then I'll be able to attend.

So, who's bringing what?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: HT annual picnic planning thread 2006

Originally posted by doc1456
    Aunty lynn mentioned that the annual picnic will be coming up, so might as well plan it.

Hopefully, if the schedule is right, then I'll be able to attend.

So, who's bringing what?
    First of all Adrian, Ryan sets the DATE.

Thanks to you, we now have a thread for further information.

Auntie Lynn

Pictures from our 2005 Annual Picnic - Courtesy of Ryan!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/sets/205496/
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 9, 2006, 08:31 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Where, when, and what depends on what y'all want to do! Toss your suggestions at the kitchen wall and we'll see what sticks.

I recall reading recently that April 9 is HawaiiThreads.com's birthday, so that's one suggestion. It's a Sunday this year.

Comment

April 9, 2006 is HT'S 2nd Birthday! It falls on a Sunday. I suggest the same place, area, time as last year @ Magic Island. What better way to celebrate an Annual Picnic.

Just my 2cents.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Perhaps a simultaneous celebration for those of us on other islands. For Big Island, I would suggest Hookena Beach in South Kona. New restrooms, good pavilion, good surf, etc etc. The Old Airport would in town would also serve well.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Wow! I like come dat one too! I've never been to Hilo...well, since I was in 6th grade on an school trip. Das was long long time ago.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
              Perhaps a simultaneous celebration for those of us on other islands. For Big Island, I would suggest Hookena Beach in South Kona. New restrooms, good pavilion, good surf, etc etc. The Old Airport would in town would also serve well.
              To avoid a situation like this, I would suggest setting up seperate threads for each location. Last thing you need is for all of the drinks to end up at the Kona location and the Oahu location just get mac salad from L&L Drive Inn.

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              April 9, 2006 is HT'S 2nd Birthday! It falls on a Sunday. I suggest the same place, area, time as last year @ Magic Island. What better way to celebrate an Annual Picnic.
              Information like this doesn't help with the planning unless someone remembered what happened last year or they link a thread from last year gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                To avoid a situation like this, I would suggest setting up seperate threads for each location. Last thing you need is for all of the drinks to end up at the Kona location and the Oahu location just get mac salad from L&L Drive Inn.

Information like this doesn't help with the planning unless someone remembered what happened last year or they link a thread from last year gathering.
                Ryan posted the following: "Where, when, and what depends on what y'all want to do! Toss your suggestions at the kitchen wall and we'll see what sticks." Duh?

It's ONLY SUGGESTIONS!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ahh, so we are in the when/where planning stages then? My suggestion for the days would be Saturday April 8, April 22 or April 29. Or Sunday April 9, 23 or 30. Time somewhere between 10am-2pm. Where-Magic Island for April 8 or 9th, flexible to where on Oahu, reachable by TheBus for April 22,23,29,or 30.

I am not suggestioning the weekend of April 15/16 since they might some late fiilers for taxes.

Comment

So what, we get one month to plan dis?

I also am voting for the 4/9 date, hopefully I can slip out of the house to come. What kine food got last year? Any lessons you guys learned from last year and want to apply it this time?
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      [...]I am not suggestioning the weekend of April 15/16 since they might some late fiilers for taxes.
                      IIRC, April 16 is Easter so probably not a good picnic day for most HTers.

As for April 15, die hard HTers can file for an extension!

Comment

Time flies when you're having fun! If we're looking at HT's birthday, April 9, we're less than three weeks away. Maybe it's time to just stick a pin in that Sunday, and see who can make it.

Hopefully by then this bad patch of bad weather will be behind us...

If not Magic Island, I like Kakaako Waterfront Park as an alternate venue. Any other thoughts as to where?

Comment

Kakaako Waterfront Park sounds great. I'll go wherevers. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the kids! I'm bringing Antonio! Yipppeee!

Food: Kalbi & BBQ Chicken! Ryan, please bring da grill!

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; March 22, 2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Any Big Island folks want to do this? I suggest Old Airport, down by the keiki pond. I will bring the BBQ, with chicken & sausages. April 9th? 10:30 AM
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              April 9,If not Magic Island, I like Kakaako Waterfront Park as an alternate venue. Any other thoughts as to where?
                              Still not sure if I can make it, though if I do I'll bring something different, so it shouldn't conflict with what others have brought.
                              Question? Which is it? Magic Island or Kaka'ako Park?
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X