Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Party Wtih OnLine Friends From HT and Wala'au!

heheheh.

Great suggestions. Are they good foa Fridays as well?

The date is set for December 8 which falls on a Friday.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

AbsolutChaos makes some good suggestions, but here's another option we might think about. Rather than a sit-down restaurant or a bar, where we'd be obligated to spend money on whatever the location has to offer, what we really need is a room. Does anyone here live in a condo building with a party room, or is anyone the member of a community association that has party rooms, like in Newtown/RoyalSummit or Mililani? Give us a room where we can bring our own stuff and make as much noise as we'd like, and we'll have a blast. If we can't do that, I'd nominate a park somewhere that's safe at night. If I could think of one.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Wonderful idea! Another one would be someone's HALE? Not mine for obvious reasons!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
          [...]Those that don't want to go to the game... can still Tailgate for a couple hours before the game?
          [...]
          I know you're just throwing the idea out there but the obvious thing that comes to my mind is traffic and parking. Those not attending the game would be taking up valuable parking spaces for those attending the game. Or, does the parking lot capacity far exceed my expectations? I can only speak for myself that I would not be willing to wait in traffic, such as a big game generates, for an HT get together. No offense to any HTer!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            heheheh.

Great suggestions. Are they good foa Fridays as well?

The date is set for December 8 which falls on a Friday.

Auntie Lynn

Yes, of course...I never was good with dates!

Comment

I just checked Plaza Hotel.

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
              3253 North Nimitz Highway
              Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
              Ph: 808-836-3636
              Fax: 808-834-7406

Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Friday, Saturday 5 - 9 pm
              Located at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, lobby level.

Party Room available.

Adults $23.95

Children $ 11.95

Buffet Crab Legs, Prime Rib, Fried Shrimp, Fried Chicken, Salad Bar and Desserts. Some other entrees but the lady told me to call back tomorrow to talk with Charlene.

Another suggestion from Blaine: :I like Sushi Locomotion in Salt Lake Shopping Center, too. Their sushi is cheap, good, plenty and the atmosphere laid back. No reservations, just walk in, sit down and take over. BYOB.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                I just checked Plaza Hotel.

Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Friday, Saturday 5 - 9 pm
                Located at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, lobby level.
                Party Room available.
                Adults $23.95
                Children $ 11.95
                The only thing I might have against this idea is that with Dec being a month full of gift-buying and other holiday-related spending, it might be better to go with either a potluck or dine at a place with a menu where people can choose to eat as little or as much--and spend as little or as much--as they feel comfortable.

After all the holiday parties full of rich food, I must admit that I'd rather avoid a buffet, because I feel I should eat as much as possible to justify the cost of the buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                  The only thing I might have against this idea is that with Dec being a month full of gift-buying and other holiday-related spending, it might be better to go with either a potluck or dine at a place with a menu where people can choose to eat as little or as much--and spend as little or as much--as they feel comfortable.

After all the holiday parties full of rich food, I must admit that I'd rather avoid a buffet, because I feel I should eat as much as possible to justify the cost of the buffet.
                  Point well taken.

Plaza eliminated.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Another suggestion via Email:

For something like this – I always try to plan as if I have to get there & home on my own so look for bus access or close enough for taxi. If folks can’t afford buying drinks or food, they probably shouldn’t plan on coming or they can just stop by to say hello. And with all the Xmas shopping craziness, who has time to fix a potluck dish? Spaghetti Factory at Ward Warehouse has an upstairs that can be reserved probably, their food is cheap & good and they have full bar service. Many people don’t have transportation and let’s face it – you can’t pick up & deliver everyone & besides, don’t you want to have some fun? Ward Warehouse is right on a bunch of bus lines, has free parking and is open to kids.
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; November 12, 2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Just a question....please don't kill me for this....Does it HAVE TO be in Honolulu / Waikiki area ? Being that it's going to be overrun with runners (nice pun, eh?), the crowds may make it very difficult for getting around and parking. I'm guessing alot of you locals live in "town" but what about areas like Hawaii Kai ? The Shack is supposed to be a cool place.

I'm not local, so I don't know what that entails for you guys living in town....cars etc.... I'm stayng in Kailua, anyone willing to go that way, maybe to Buzz's or something similar.

The idea of Dukes is out ? I know your last HT party there seemed like a blast.
                    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                      Just a question....please don't kill me for this....Does it HAVE TO be in Honolulu / Waikiki area ? Being that it's going to be overrun with runners (nice pun, eh?), the crowds may make it very difficult for getting around and parking. I'm guessing alot of you locals live in "town" but what about areas like Hawaii Kai ? The Shack is supposed to be a cool place.

I'm not local, so I don't know what that entails for you guys living in town....cars etc.... I'm stayng in Kailua, anyone willing to go that way, maybe to Buzz's or something similar.

The idea of Dukes is out ? I know your last HT party there seemed like a blast.
                      It's up as a suggestion. I think for most of us here on Oahu, Honolulu is centrally located.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

DUH!!!!!

Nobody mentioned La Mariana Sailing Club ! The last bastion of old school tiki restaurants. I'm planning a trip there either way, but a few of you went there with HawaiiDreaming for her Lei greeting and you guys all raved about it. It's legendary with the tikiphiles, and seems low key enough for a nice gathering.

Comment

What about Tiki's in Waikiki - Touristy, yes, but they have a great outdoor area, and it's a cool place...relatively inexpensive

http://www.tikisgrill.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                            DUH!!!!!

Nobody mentioned La Mariana Sailing Club ! The last bastion of old school tiki restaurants. I'm planning a trip there either way, but a few of you went there with HawaiiDreaming for her Lei greeting and you guys all raved about it. It's legendary with the tikiphiles, and seems low key enough for a nice gathering.
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA Perfect! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Price ~ Cheap. Bar and plenty of parking.

What say ya's?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

*sigh* ~~Dreaming of a Hawaii Christmas~~
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

La Mariana Photos etc...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...546&forum=2&14

Comment

Working...
                                X