Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Lurkah, Sad to report Wo Fat is no longer a part of Chinatown. What once was the Famous Eatery in Chinatown is now empty. The third floor was used as a Game Room and Xrated Video Movie Shows which was closed down by HPD some time ago.
    Wow Auntie, how sad. Heaven forbid the next thing you'll be telling me is that Char Hung Sut closed down too which is one place that should be a mandatory stop for when you take Tikiyaki and others on tour, and if I remember correctly for some strange reason are also closed on Tuesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      You guys are talking about Wo Fat??? The character name Wo Fat portrayed as the bad guy in Hawai 5-0 right was named after that place if I'm correct.
      I did a google and Wo Fat is still listed as an eatery. Somebody betta update their files.

Oh, I dunno if the character was named after the Famous Restaurant.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        Wow Auntie, how sad. Heaven forbid the next thing you'll be telling me is that Char Hung Sut closed down too which is one place that should be a mandatory stop for when you take Tikiyaki and others on tour, and if I remember correctly for some strange reason are also closed on Tuesdays.
        Char Hung Sut did a major renovation about a year ago. They not going closed down. Now the granddaughters (beautiful young woman) are handling the service line. You still can see the employees on the table making the manapua, half moons, rice cakes, pork hash, etc. by hand. Still can order their Chow Fun too. I took Joel and his family there.

As for closing on Tuesdays. I go ask why the next time I go there.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Dang... isn't Dukes... Insanely OVERCROWDED after the marathon?
          Very true...sometimes we'll head upstairs if we aren't having luckat Duke's with the bar area.

Comment

Here's a photo I took of Henry this afternoon...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
            X