Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

btw;
    that bit o' haiku telling me that was da worst haiku you seen...
    was not bad haiku.
    well... for haiku.

Comment

bummer, man...such a drag that i had to miss the picnic...i got tied up organizing a wake for a dearly departed friend...looks like yall had a fine time down there at kwp, and i'm sorry to have missed it...hopefully, something like that will be planned again soon...
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
        bummer, man...such a drag that i had to miss the picnic...i got tied up organizing a wake for a dearly departed friend...looks like yall had a fine time down there at kwp, and i'm sorry to have missed it...hopefully, something like that will be planned again soon...
        Aww, I'm sorry about your friend, Jdub.

Maybe you can come along on the catamaran? Kimo and I go every couple of weeks, or once a month, depending on what else is going on. We'll put something together as soon as the water's safe.

Comment

Looked at the pics and vids. Looks like you all had a great time. I gotta go to one of these sometime.

Comment

Yes we had a great time and made friends too boot! But in order to keep up appearances... Heck wit'chu Kimo!

BTW: See ya on the Maitai, jus' let me know wen li'dat. Think I still remember all the words to Wahine Ili Kea. Or any C&K, but then again who doesn't eh?! Karaoke anyone?
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I know I left my salad bowl at the picnic when I had to leave early. I just wanted to say that it can be pitched. I don't need it back. It's actually an extra bowl that we don't need that comes in our surgical open heart pack at one of the hospitals. I suppose this technically makes it one of the most expensive throwaway plastic bowls ever. I promise it has never been used in surgery. Just thought it would make a good container for the salad, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting it back. Thanks to the person who rescued the bowl for me, though! There's plenty more where it came from, fortunately or unfortunately, so you can do whatever you want with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                I know I left my salad bowl at the picnic when I had to leave early. I just wanted to say that it can be pitched. I don't need it back.
                I know I left my personal "Liliha Bakery" box and receipt at the picnic when I had to leave early. I just wanted to say that they can be pitched. I don't really need 'em back.

But if someone has them and is coming to the "Downtown HT Lunch" on 25 April . . . well, you know.
                Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                  I know I left my salad bowl at the picnic when I had to leave early. I just wanted to say that it can be pitched. I don't need it back. It's actually an extra bowl that we don't need that comes in our surgical open heart pack at one of the hospitals. I suppose this technically makes it one of the most expensive throwaway plastic bowls ever. I promise it has never been used in surgery. Just thought it would make a good container for the salad, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting it back. Thanks to the person who rescued the bowl for me, though! There's plenty more where it came from, fortunately or unfortunately, so you can do whatever you want with it.
                  ROFLMAO!

I have it! I'll bring it to our next picnic filled with Antonio's favorite Spinich!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Drinks that were provided by Maddie and Kimo were intoxicating and made me Buzz all the way home.
                    menehuneman brought two big coolers of drinks too, no fo'get.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      menehuneman brought two big coolers of drinks too, no fo'get.

And we showed Aloha to 2 different brand new Japanese married couples and their photogs along with some local braddahs. Man, that one guy found my Heineken stashed in the bottom of the cooler.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man

Man, that one guy found my Heineken stashed in the bottom of the cooler.
                        Dude, that's an old Asahi Beer trick.

Comment

Leo Lakio and I (along with our respective alphas) had a mini manini HT get together last night in Seattle to celebrate the "soft opening" of a second branch of Gordito's, a Mexican restaurant owned by a Hawai'i expat (Marlene) and her husband. First, we had saimin (S&S soup base with SPAM! ) and Spam musubi next door at Kamalani's (also owned by Marlene) because they ran out of their Friday special laulau plate. Then we had a good time wala'au'ing at Gorditos over margaritas and Modelo and free quesadillas with Leo., AF and some of their friends while Sean Na'au'o and his band (in town for another halau benefit today) performed a few tunes, including his most famous number "Fish and Poi". We saw a lot of familiar faces at that SRO party (the expats tend to travel in the same circles and know the same people).

You wanna talk about "Two Degrees of Separation" between local people? Turns out Leo's alpha female (who hails from Kaneohe) is good friends with a woman who lives in my building who is also from Hawai'i. AF from K knows my neighbor because they used to work together at one time here in Seattle, and the weirder thing is AF looks EXACTLY like my neighbor! In fact, AF says she's often mistaken for my neighbor when she's out and about here in town.

Leo says there's some fresh made-from-scratch malasadas being fried up this morning by Uncle Williama, so I think we're off to Bothell on a hunt for nice hot malasadas this afternoon.

Miulang

P.S. I know Bruddah Sean is most known for his Jawaiian music, but man, does he have a beautiful falsetto voice too. When he sings Hawaiian, you really get chicken skin.
                          Last edited by Miulang; April 15, 2006, 09:08 AM.
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wow! What Fun! I jealous...wish I was there with all of you! Someday.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              You wanna talk about "Two Degrees of Separation" between local people? Turns out Leo's alpha female (who hails from Kaneohe) is good friends with a woman who lives in my building who is also from Hawai'i. AF from K knows my neighbor because they used to work together at one time here in Seattle, and the weirder thing is AF looks EXACTLY like my neighbor! In fact, AF says she's often mistaken for my neighbor when she's out and about here in town.

Leo says there's some fresh made-from-scratch malasadas being fried up this morning by Uncle Williama, so I think we're off to Bothell on a hunt for nice hot malasadas this afternoon.

Miulang

P.S. I know Bruddah Sean is most known for his Jawaiian music, but man, does he have a beautiful falsetto voice too. When he sings Hawaiian, you really get chicken skin.
                              More "Two Degrees" stuff...so today I went to Ante Nani's place to get my malasadas (Leo and AF had already been through earlier) and we're standing around wala'au'ing with Ante Nani while Uncle Williama is making up a fresh batch of malasadas, and I'm getting all sad because Nani and Ante Pipi and anoda expat were talking about who knew who from Wahiawa and I'm thinking (turns out Ante Pipi and dis odda wahine were neighbors, but they neva know that until today), how come I neva find anybody from Maui when I go holoholo? Then Ante Pipi says she was married to dis guy long time and she says he has relatives on Maui. So I acks her, "So what's his name?" She told me and I said, "So you know Teddy, then?" And she wen go: "Yeah! He's my former brother-in-law!" . Ted graduated from Baldwin a few years before me and she says she still is in touch with him. Sheesh...had to come all the way to Seattle to find somebody I knew when I was growing up. Small small world, indeed.

Miulang
                              Last edited by Miulang; April 15, 2006, 06:14 PM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X