Bye bye Warrior season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Warrior season

With tonite's 2nd half/last minute loss to Utah St. 35-31, we watch the last hopes of respectability slip beneath the waves.
    WTF?!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Bye bye Warrior season

It's pretty sad when someone only supports our home team when they win.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Does one of us not support the team?

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          With tonite's 2nd half/last minute loss to Utah St. 35-31, we watch the last hopes of respectability slip beneath the waves.
          WTF?!
          Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          It's pretty sad when someone only supports our home team when they win.
          I have to take exception with your implication Ron does not support the team, simply for giving an honest evaluation of where the UH Warriors are at, at this point in the season. I, for one, will support the players — win or lose — as long as they play their best and remain in good standing academically. This is an institution of higher learning after all.

That support does not extend to Coach Greg McMackin. In the past on HT, others have expressed doubt whether McMackin’s performance merits a 7-figure salary, and apparently, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser agrees. We need a coach that doesn’t call the Notre Dame Fighting Irish’s pregame ritual a “Faggot dance” or call consecutive time outs, just to chew out his players. In fact sports columnist Ferd Lewis has taken it to the next level.

Bleak loss underscores need for coaching change

By Ferd Lewis
          POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Nov 06, 2011

If the University of Hawai‘i was still somehow wrestling with what to do with head coach Greg McMackin’s request for a contract extension, this should have decided it once and for all.

Blowing a 21-point halftime lead en route to a beyond-befuddling 35-31 loss to Utah State at home Saturday night was the lowest point in a season that is becoming a smorgasbord of them.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Can ANYONE provide substantial points of negativity in Coach Mac's work that say's he needs to go? All I hear is grumbings for his head because the team isn't playing consistantly well, and Ferd say's nothing beyond the obvious and typical. Sure, there are isolated points in any team that need work, it's always a work in perpetual progress, one that currently is regressing for us. But what specificities can be detailed? I've heard none.

Who's out there for Mac's replacement that's going to do better?
            What better asst. coahes are avaiable?
            Did Wagner, someone who knows football, come back because he saw red flags sticking out of the green and white, or just want a paid vacation, or did he see a solid group core with plenty of potential for high praise that he wanted to be involved in?

There have to be answers to this possibly complex problem, but other than a complete removal and upgrade of every person and plan, to put us on par with NFL-like college teams, we're where we're going to be forever unless Coach pulls this together. And if we aren't striving be on a Boise St. level, than what's the point of having a team?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              WTF?!
              To me, the most disappointing part of that game was the sideline conduct of linebacker Aaron Brown. When Utah State quarterback Chuckie Keeton was down with a potentially serious spinal injury, Brown was shown on television repeatedly gesturing and yelling toward the field, "Get his @$$ off the field!" (my lip-reading interpretation). Other players, such as Bryant Moniz, respectfully took a knee while the medical staff attended to Keeton. But Brown's behavior was just despicable.

Comment

It's a fine line they all have to dance between keeping the aggressive edge and respectful inteligence, and clearly UH has long struggled with both. I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on Brown, but it's probably a very common thing in ball. Again I reflect on little nowhere freeze-butt Boise St., why can't we be more like them? They kick ass, and do it with class.

Comment

Originally posted by localmoco View Post
                  To me, the most disappointing part of that game was the sideline conduct of linebacker Aaron Brown. When Utah State quarterback Chuckie Keeton was down with a potentially serious spinal injury, Brown was shown on television repeatedly gesturing and yelling toward the field, "Get his @$$ off the field!" (my lip-reading interpretation). Other players, such as Bryant Moniz, respectfully took a knee while the medical staff attended to Keeton. But Brown's behavior was just despicable.
                  Not surprising at all. Keep in mind,.... Brown was one of two players suspended from the team earlier this year after getting arrested on misdemeanor assault charges in Waikiki. And the season before that, he was showboating in a game against Fresno St.

That guy is a punk.... and a total embarrassment to the program.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X