Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

I don't have $ 2 Million!

And if I did...Yes! I would buy L.M. in a heartbeat, make Annette live her final days and nights there. I would keep everything as is. However, I would change the menu to inclue a mixture of Authentic Hawaiian Foods, Local Grinds as well as the usual dining favorites as Steaks, Sea Foods and Pastas!

Ahhhhh...to dream the impossible dream!

Whoever buys the L.M. should keep it the way it is. It is one of Hawaii's remaining last treasures that should be preserved. Old Hawai'i can never be returned but memories of it can still be felt by going to L.M. and be taken back in time while dining.

Auntie Lynn (not missing drinking 1 week)
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 9, 2006, 06:07 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      [...]Ahhhhh...to dream the impossible dream![...]
      Auntie...there's no such thing as an impossible dream. Go for it. There's nothing to say you can't make an offer...no money down...take care of Annette. Make her an emotional offer she can't refuse. IIRC, she has no relatives; no heirs. The worst she can do is say 'no'.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Auntie...there's no such thing as an impossible dream. Go for it. There's nothing to say you can't make an offer...no money down...take care of Annette. Make her an emotional offer she can't refuse. IIRC, she has no relatives; no heirs. The worst she can do is say 'no'.
        Hmmmmm...wouldn't dat be something?

Now you got me thinking and wishing.

Ok. I'll write her an EMOTIONAL LETTER with a business plan.

I'll let you know if I get a reply or a whack whack from her.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          [...]Now you got me thinking and wishing.

Ok. I'll write her an EMOTIONAL LETTER with a business plan.[...]
          There ya go! Tell her about your years of experience in the local food industry. Tell her how you feel about the ambiance of La Mariana and how important it is to preserve what little remains of "old Hawaii". Explain your desire for her to remain on the property. Don't forget to add that you might not be rich in money, but you are rich in spirit. And, be sure to let Annette know that if anyone else buys the place and changes it to anything but what it is now, you'll personally administer a barrage of ...WHACK WHACKS!

If ya don't go to bat, Auntie...ya can't hit a home run.

Comment

Auntie,

You acquiring the La Mariana would be stellar....I agree about the menu. I think it could use a little modification. You'd have about 4000 new fans if you DID buy LM, cos all of kicentral.com would be eternally grateful...it's pretty much Mecca for Tikiphiles.

I was too busy talking to everyone to take all the photos I planned to take of the place....then again, ryan and blaine got plenty. When I'm back on the mainland I'll be blogging my trip so, if anyone would care to donate any photos of the night, I'll be grateful.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

auntie it's the perfect situation. you can do it.
              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Mahalo for the holiday gift of stories and photos; I wouldn't allow myself to log in and view this thread until AFTER I got our Christmas lights up, so this was like a special dessert.

Comment

What a terrific night !!

Auntie Lynn, you are beautiful. Thank you for the clock.
                  Cranberee and DD - my daughter is still doing magic tricks with money.
                  Manoa - That kid of yours is just perfect. Thanks for the gift.
                  Tikiyaki - call me in Kona. I got some connections.

I wish I could have sat next to all of you at the same time. I want to talk with the rest of you sometime.

My faith in the notion of the beautiful, smart woman has been completely bolstered by the bumper crop of gorgeous intellect at that table.

La Mariana was a great place for the party. Waitresses were overworked and understaffed. My steak was perfect. Taya's ahi was perfect.

I think I'm gushing.

Thank you all so much. Merry Christmas !
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

What an absolutely far out evening. The faces to names thing was outstanding. It was great talking shop with Tiki about the perils of the music business. Auntie Lynn, you are to be commended for organizing such a fine gathering. Thanks, yall, for the company and hospitality. I am definitely looking forward to the next one.
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

I've got to schedule in a flight in to the next big HT get together. Looks like LM was the place to be that night!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                      X